Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

sudofrank

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2023
TX, US
On truck for delivery, live map shows it a few stops away. This device has traveled across the world to get here. I agree. What. a. cluster.

Texas6283

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2023
Austin, TX
On truck for delivery, live map shows it a few stops away. This device has traveled across the world to get here. I agree. What. a. cluster.
My UPS truck was in my neighborhood about 2 hours ago, dropped something else off but not my phone. Tracking still says that itā€™s out for delivery šŸ“¦ I am getting antsy

Hatshepsut

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2009
In case anyone is unaware, if the model you want is available at a nearby Apple Store, you can apparently get it delivered directly from the store to your home for an additional fee ($9 in my case). So that was absolutely worth it for me, since I prefer to set up the phone in the comfort of my home and not deal with the hassle of a busy Apple Store and slow wifi. Not sure how the trade in will work--I assume a trade-in kit will be included, but who knows. I just finished my order and delivery is scheduled for tomorrow am (as opposed to the projected delivery of my previous online order from Oct 24-31).

Reactions: Dead0k

DcGamer05

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
Litchfield CT
15 Pro Max white, 512GB - ordered two hours after orders were opened and NOTHING. Estimate of the 6th to 13th was given then and still is set to that. Anyone else gotten their 15 Pro Max white 512GB? Or did I get hit with waiting because I like the most uncommon option? Thank you all for letting me vent a little.
Mine was supposed to be delivered today by Verizon and I got an email stating itā€™s now been delayed until October 27th. I know itā€™s not the same retailer but theyā€™re all coming from the same place. White Pro Max 512GB.

Reactions: Athelstan

Texas6283

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2023
Austin, TX
Mine was out for delivery at 930 this morning. I watched the truck all day and UPS even dropped off another package this morning but itā€™s almost 8PM and still no phone. The tracker shows the truck is now 20 minutes away at the UPS facility but my tracking still says itā€™s coming today.. I wasted my entire day and itā€™s looking like Iā€™ll have to wait at home tomorrow too now

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
It was a rather strange experience this time around. I was tracking my phone and a friends. His phone left Shanghai 2 days later than mine did from Zhchengzhou. Both went to Louisville then back to Phoenix. Mine arrive in Phoenix last night his this morning. Two completely different delivery tracking notifications. Mine arrived at noon his 4pm.
My phone was scheduled to be here 16-23. Then I got an email saying the 11, the 12 then 13th. If there was a way to change the delivery to a UPS store I don't think I would have had any issue with the change of dates. But without the ability to do that, appointments and such needed to be rescheduled.
I don't know, maybe next time I will be going to a store to do any upgrading.

Last edited:

Texas6283

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2023
Austin, TX
It was a rather strange experience this time around. I was tracking my phone and a friends. His phone left Shanghai 2 days later than mine did from Zhchengzhou. Both went to Louisville then back to Phoenix. Mine arrive in Phoenix last night his this morning. Two completely different delivery tracking notifications. Mine arrived at noon his 4pm.
Mine phone was scheduled to be here 16-23. Then I got an email saying the 11, the 12 then 13th. If there was a way to change the delivery to a UPS store I don't think I would have had any issue with the change of dates. But without, appointments and such needed to be rescheduled.
I don't know, maybe new time I am going to go to a store and do any upgrading.
I wonā€™t order online again. My phone never came today and I just got an email that the updated delivery date is Monday. Not sure why they canā€™t delivery it tomorrow if it was out for delivery today o_O

Last edited:

Dead0k

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2015
Poland
I wonā€™t order online again. My phone never came today and I just got an email that the updated delivery date is Monday. Not sure why they canā€™t delivery it tomorrow if it was out for delivery today o_O
It is because, most likely, physically they cannot visit all destinations in one day or at least before end of working hours, so they postpone to next working day. Had similar situations before with other companies.

davepo

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2023
Mine was out for delivery at 930 this morning. I watched the truck all day and UPS even dropped off another package this morning but itā€™s almost 8PM and still no phone. The tracker shows the truck is now 20 minutes away at the UPS facility but my tracking still says itā€™s coming today.. I wasted my entire day and itā€™s looking like Iā€™ll have to wait at home tomorrow too now
Exactly same thing. Now it says "The delivery date will be provided as soon as possible."

Texas6283

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2023
Austin, TX
Exactly same thing. Now it says "The delivery date will be provided as soon as possible."
Thatā€™s what my UPS app says too, however I received an email from UPS that says the delivery has been rescheduled to Monday. The exact model that I ordered is now available to be picked up at the Apple Store but I canā€™t cancel this orderā€¦ Iā€™m hoping that maybe since my phone was out for delivery yesterday that they load it for delivery today however apparently UPS only delivers packages that paid for Saturday delivery on Saturday.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
to all those complaining about the deliveries and not doing an online order again, Same place same time next year? I'll bring the popcorn. I only say this because I think last year I said I would never do on line again

DcGamer05

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
Litchfield CT
to all those complaining about the deliveries and not doing an online order again, Same place same time next year? I'll bring the popcorn. I only say this because I think last year I said I would never do on line again
Iā€™ll be here. But Iā€™ll be lurking since I donā€™t upgrade every year but Iā€™ll bring some Oreos, chips ahoy and soda.

Reactions: Texas6283

InsulinJunkie72

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2022
WI, USA
I've been caught in a loop with FedEx (Spectrum Mobile, Pro Max 15 NaTi order w/ trade-in) since Thursday. There's been some road construction going on all year, but I've gotten UPS and Amazon packages as normal.

Overnight delivery scheduled for Thursday - I hang out in the garage w/ the door open most of the day (have to do some reorg in there anyways). No show, get a message in the app that they stopped by at around 2 PM (invisible truck?) but "customer not available".

Surprisingly, I get a call from FedEx a few hours later (w/ a real human being!) saying that because of road construction they're not going to deliver it, but I can come pick it up at the warehouse (45 minutes from me by car, and I have transportation issues). Alternatively, I could request that they re-attempt delivery, but they're not actually going to deliver, but they'll put it on the truck for giggles.

I said sure, in hopes of a different outcome somehow, so Friday was the same deal - wait, nothing, get notification in the app. Monday apparently is the last try, and then it gets sent back. Chatted w/ Spectrum, and they said they really can't do anything when FedEx does this. It'll get sent back to them, processed, and then I'll get a refund in up to 30 days.

Yeah, I'm ecstatic.

• Sad
Reactions: DcGamer05

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
I've been caught in a loop with FedEx (Spectrum Mobile, Pro Max 15 NaTi order w/ trade-in) since Thursday. There's been some road construction going on all year, but I've gotten UPS and Amazon packages as normal.

Overnight delivery scheduled for Thursday - I hang out in the garage w/ the door open most of the day (have to do some reorg in there anyways). No show, get a message in the app that they stopped by at around 2 PM (invisible truck?) but "customer not available".

Surprisingly, I get a call from FedEx a few hours later (w/ a real human being!) saying that because of road construction they're not going to deliver it, but I can come pick it up at the warehouse (45 minutes from me by car, and I have transportation issues). Alternatively, I could request that they re-attempt delivery, but they're not actually going to deliver, but they'll put it on the truck for giggles.

I said sure, in hopes of a different outcome somehow, so Friday was the same deal - wait, nothing, get notification in the app. Monday apparently is the last try, and then it gets sent back. Chatted w/ Spectrum, and they said they really can't do anything when FedEx does this. It'll get sent back to them, processed, and then I'll get a refund in up to 30 days.

Yeah, I'm ecstatic.
I would bang on spectrum but I swear all the cable cable company are ran by the same company and just rebrand the interfaces and webpages.

Again, if they would allow drop deliveries at a nearby affiliated store our lives would be so much easier

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
Iā€™ll be here. But Iā€™ll be lurking since I donā€™t upgrade every year but Iā€™ll bring some Oreos, chips ahoy and soda.
when I was a kid, wonder bread chip ahoys and fluff sandwiches. If I did that now for sure events like this I would be a candidate for my 800 pound life

• Haha
Reactions: DcGamer05

sikegrad

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2019
Picked up a 15 Pro in store, traded in my old 13, and financed with Verizon for $629. I have a 5G Do More Unlimited Plan, but the only financing option available on the iPad was at $17, and I assumed it would be at the higher rate since the fine print says the bill credits will be applied after 2 cycles. I looked at my copy of my Installment Loan Agreement from Verizon and it shows payment 1 will be $17.55 and then payments 2-36 will be $17.47. The agreement shows a down payment of $370, which is the trade-in value. When I do a dummy order, the Apple site shows that a down payment should be $365 and then I should have $465 in bill credits under the $830 trade in value. I'm not sure if the rep setup my financing correctly for the $830 trade-in, but I would have to work it all out with Verizon correct? This agreement looks like I just traded in my 13 for the $370 value from the $999 price and this agreement doesn't reference any bill credits.

davepo

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2023
Thatā€™s what my UPS app says too, however I received an email from UPS that says the delivery has been rescheduled to Monday. The exact model that I ordered is now available to be picked up at the Apple Store but I canā€™t cancel this orderā€¦ Iā€™m hoping that maybe since my phone was out for delivery yesterday that they load it for delivery today however apparently UPS only delivers packages that paid for Saturday delivery on Saturday.
Apple now started an investigation to find out where's my iPhone as my UPS tracking did not update since 13th. Did you get new delivery date on UPS so far? Mine stiill says "... will be provided as soon as possible".

Screenshot 2023-10-16 at 11.52.55.png

Reactions: Dead0k

Texas6283

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2023
Austin, TX
Apple now started an investigation to find out where's my iPhone as my UPS tracking did not update since 13th. Did you get new delivery date on UPS so far? Mine stiill says "... will be provided as soon as possible".

View attachment 2296382
Not yet. Mine also says the delivery date will be provided as soon as possible. I am expecting it to update sometime before 9am this morning as they are loading trucks for todayā€™s deliveries. I wouldnā€™t stress too much. The service Apple used doesnā€™t ship on Saturday and nothing ships on Sunday so I would expect both of our phones to be out for delivery and actually delivered today. If they donā€™t show up up- we got a problem

Reactions: davepo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.