Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Hatshepsut

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2009
Anyone with any updates to there iPhone orders that ordered a iPhone 15 Pro Max on October 1, and have a delivery range of Oct. 24 to Oct. 31? Mine is still in processing I'm hoping it will change status this week. Same with my new 2021 iMac that has a delivery range of October 26 to Nov. 2
Anyone with any updates to there iPhone orders that ordered a iPhone 15 Pro Max on October 1, and have a delivery range of Oct. 24 to Oct. 31? Mine is still in processing I'm hoping it will change status this week. Same with my new 2021 iMac that has a delivery range of October 26 to Nov. 2
That was my stated delivery range as well, but I got impatient and when I saw that the model i wanted was available at one of my nearby Apple Stores I ordered it for courier delivery from the store and got it the same day (this Sunday). If you have an Apple Store nearby it's the best of both worlds--you don't have to deal with the hassle of setting up in a crowded Apple Store but you get it as soon as the model shows up in the store.

bige12

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2009
Vienna, VA
That was my stated delivery range as well, but I got impatient and when I saw that the model i wanted was available at one of my nearby Apple Stores I ordered it for courier delivery from the store and got it the same day (this Sunday). If you have an Apple Store nearby it's the best of both worlds--you don't have to deal with the hassle of setting up in a crowded Apple Store but you get it as soon as the model shows up in the store.
I do have an apple store about 25 minutes from me and they don't have the my phone in stock at my apple store. and my apple store dose not do the courier service since I don't see the option

Dead0k

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2015
Poland
Have you decide to contact Apple yet?
:) No. Why? Still plenty of time they have.
I think they will charge today overnight or within next 2-3 days and then deliver within declared date range (Oct 24-30).
There are 13 days left till Oct 30. Manageable.

I saw earlier, people posted information they received few days before or at the starting date range but we'll see how it looks like now. My order was made on Sept 28 and theirs were somewhere at the pre-oreder time (Sept 15-17) so things may changed but I am still positive about next few days that Apple will charge me and will ship a phone.

iYigit

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2020
Sorry, that’s a little bit off-topic but does your iPhone 15 Pro Max make some noises like the camera rattles when you shake your iPhone? Or it’s like it’s something loose inside. Mine does this and I believe it's coming from the camera department. Someone said it’s OIS and it’s pretty normal. Another user said it’s not normal and the magnets should hold the lens so there shouldn’t be any sounds.

IMG_3136.jpeg

Last edited:

AppleWes

macrumors 6502a
Oct 9, 2013
Both the 15 pro and the 15pm are in stock today for all capacities and all colors except for natural at apple in SF.
Was able to cancel my 15PM Natural 256GB Nov delivery, and pickup PM 512GB here in Orange County, California.

Noticed the PM's are starting to become more available for in store pickup- so keep checking. Appears Apple has separate stock levels going to stores vs. shipping direct.

Reactions: EdMan and alexreich

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Was able to cancel my 15PM Natural 256GB Nov delivery, and pickup PM 512GB here in Orange County, California.

Noticed the PM's are starting to become more available for in store pickup- so keep checking. Appears Apple has separate stock levels going to stores vs. shipping direct.

They always have. They have separate flights that will leave SDF, MEM, or ONT that go straight to their warehouses, and from there are shipped directly to the stores.

BL.

Reactions: AppleWes

bige12

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2009
Vienna, VA
Update on my phone that I ordered on October 1 and had the delivery range of October 24 to October 31, I was just charge and its in preparing to ship and now it says the October 18 to October 25, but today is October 18, count today out since how can it get here if it has not shipped yet

Caps43

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2021
DMV
They ended up with replacement item. No updates on UPS tracking ever.

My new phone delivery says Nov 1 - 8.

View attachment 2297669
Same happened with mine. Ordered launch day and the Friday it never updated on UPS tracker. In the end UPS says it's lost so Apple offered a replacement. Though mine says arriving Nov 17-27 :confused: I called and they said it's going to be expedited. I'm half tempted to cancel and just go to a local store but doing the IUP so don't want to have to apply again. Maybe just buy one out right is my answer. Also next time - in store pick up ftw.

Reactions: Dead0k

davepo

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2023
Same happened with mine. Ordered launch day and the Friday it never updated on UPS tracker. In the end UPS says it's lost so Apple offered a replacement. Though mine says arriving Nov 17-27 :confused: I called and they said it's going to be expedited. I'm half tempted to cancel and just go to a local store but doing the IUP so don't want to have to apply again. Maybe just buy one out right is my answer. Also next time - in store pick up ftw.
Yeah same, I ordered Sep 17, and it was supposed to be delivered last Friday but it got lost. And the nearby Apple stores doesn't have the one I want so I have no options at the moment but wait. Hopefully they will be shipped sonner then indicated on the webite. I'll keep posting updates

Adeezah

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2023
Today’s delivery changes to tomorrow ofc. My phone sits in Louisville for 4 days already and no movement.
Since it’s still there I highly doubt I will have it tomorrow either

Reactions: Dead0k

alexreich

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2011
Ordered my Natural Titanium 15 Pro Max on September 18th, projection for delivery has been November 7th to the 14th. Has not moved at all so far. Been checking this thread for around a month to see how things are going for others. Hoping I'll jump forward a week or two eventually.

EDIT: I should add that I went with the 256GB model. I assume this was the most commonly requested color and capacity combo.

Last edited:
Reactions: callen_v1 and svish

bige12

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2009
Vienna, VA
Update on my phone - looks like it’s coming from Tennessee from the Apple warehouse therr, I think Apple was just waiting for an order to restock there warehouse
IMG_2488.jpeg

dslrjunky

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2011
so I just received my PM 15 I have one concern. I tried to wipe it off nothing seem to take care of it. 🤷‍♀️🤷

Attachments

• IMG_0811.jpeg
    IMG_0811.jpeg
    337.9 KB · Views: 115

Elohim369

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2023
Good luck everyone. This year is definitely underwhelming to me other than the material. I plan to keep my 14 pro max for another year.
Yes its the same phone.

What I like vs the 14 pro max:
- seems slightly smaller - feels smaller in hand
- much lighter - also contributes to feeling smaller, makes a very big difference

The other improvements are so gradual you'd not notice them as a normal user, they'd only show up in tests.

They say video is much improved but I don't use video that much as the 14PM was already a video monster.

Compared to my 11 Pro it is a solid update but not as mind blowing as you'd maybe expect compared to a 4 year ld phone. I have a new battery in the old phone and it's a very good phone still, much better than the resalw value would imply. The 11 Pro is better than any mid range android of 2023 - you have to get a high end Android to beat it.

I like that FaceID is faster and more solid - but I remember it being really good initially in the 11P as well, I think the sofware got worse in one of the iOS udpates?! Or maybe the hardware is degraded. IDK. It's more of an old age issue than an actually better phone.

The color palette is boring to really bad on the 15 - guessing this will impact sales. You can only go so long with poor color choices before it makes an impact. I went for Titanium which is OK but well... it's grey ;)

Elohim369

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2023
I wanted to thank whoever answered my question on availability - they said go to the shop and check every morning.

I didn't exactly have time to do that. But did something similar.

I went to the official Apple stores in Hong Kong, they told me it's sold out and only available by pre-order.

Then I went to some smaller shops in a local mall, and they had all the models, no problem! Because this is Hong Kong, they had price markups depending on demand.

Nothing shady, they told me right off the bat, and they had a price list showing their store price vs the official Apple retail price, so they were very clear - it was just, if you want a model that's rare right now, you have to pay more. They also told me I could wait 2 weeks and the prices would probably all normalize if I don't wanna pay the markup. Very straightforward! I like that system, since it gave me options.

For the iPhone 15 Pro, there was no markup across the bank - they had them all

For the 15 Pro Max, markups were:
Titanium - $200
Black - $100
White - $100
Blue - $0

I guess that means blue is the least popular color - and yeah, blue looked really bad. IDK what Apple was thinking. I get bored just looking at it. It's about as exciting as a stack of government forms to fill out.

PS: Wrong thread but please note something I didn't know when buying the phone - all iPhones are slightly different depending on market!! I got a HK model which has dual physical SIM cards and no eSim! Bummer since I wanted to use eSim - but China doesn't allow eSim in any phone. On the other hand, dual SIM are the most desired iPhones in many places around the world - the SIM tray fits one sim on top, and one on the back!

In the USA it's all dual eSim and no SIM tray. I wonder what they use that space for...

In most other places it's 1 physical SIM and 1 eSim (which I thought I was going to get)

cutterman

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2010
Ordered 15 Pro on Sept 24- estimated arrival Oct 23-30. Got a shipping notice Oct 11. Now phone is stuck in Shanghai awaiting customs clearance since 10/12. Anybody else see this happen?

dlm1113

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2010
Did anyone order a 15 PM, 256gb in white from the apple store? My ETA is Nov14-21. Just looking to see if anyone received there phone?

DcGamer05

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
Litchfield CT
Did anyone order a 15 PM, 256gb in white from the apple store? My ETA is Nov14-21. Just looking to see if anyone received there phone?
I had an order from Apple same phone and config. I had the same day as you. Apple has been moving quickly with their online orders but I wouldn’t expect to get it too early make a week or two at best. Try Apple stores or even Best Buy if you’re feeling adventurous.

Reactions: dlm1113
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.