Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

siege134

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2023
That's some express shipping right there
will update later, not really expecting them to follow through on that bold of an estimate, but if they did, I would be quite happy to have it almost 2 weeks before Apple's initial estimate. otherwise I would assume it will arrive sometime tomorrow or this weekend. still would be very happy with that.

Adeezah

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2023
We've seen a few different routes taken out of Zhengzhou. Quite a few of us (including me) had our phones sit in Shanghai over the weekend. You'll likely see some movement Monday.
Monday ? That’s like 5 days of sitting still for what? I hope it will leave china at least by tomorrow

cwosigns

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
I see everyone with Zhengzhou as location in china, while mine is in Shanghai. Label created today in the morning, hopefully I’ll put my hands on it somewhere next week
Mine went through Shanghai. Be advised, it goes straight from Shanghai to Anchorage. Phones from ZhengZhou go to either Seoul (ICN) or Tokyo (NRT) before heading to Anchorage.

cwosigns

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
Well the UPS rep I spoke to earlier who assured me that my phone was in Columbus was lying; it's still in Louisville. So it's set for delivery tomorrow by 7 PM, which doesn't work for me because I'm supposed to leave in the morning to drive to Missouri. Ordinarily that wouldn't be an issue, but the management office here is closed tomorrow. So I called UPS to ask them to hold it at a UPS customer center in Columbus so I can just pick it up on my way out of town in the morning. They couldn't do it because of Apple's restrictions; they told me to call Apple.

I called Apple; they entered the request to hold it at the UPS customer center and then told me it takes 24-48 hours for any change to go through. So there is a chance that they won't hold it and it will go out for delivery. And since there is no signature required for some reason, if I'm not here they will just leave it in our locked parcel boxes (best case scenario) or just leave it in the mail room and by the time I get back late Monday, it could be gone.

So either it will be held and I can pick it up, or I have to delay my trip start until after it's delivered.

UPS is having issues; our Bark Box is also unusually delayed.

Drayne

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2023
Well the UPS rep I spoke to earlier who assured me that my phone was in Columbus was lying; it's still in Louisville. So it's set for delivery tomorrow by 7 PM, which doesn't work for me because I'm supposed to leave in the morning to drive to Missouri. Ordinarily that wouldn't be an issue, but the management office here is closed tomorrow. So I called UPS to ask them to hold it at a UPS customer center in Columbus so I can just pick it up on my way out of town in the morning. They couldn't do it because of Apple's restrictions; they told me to call Apple.

I called Apple; they entered the request to hold it at the UPS customer center and then told me it takes 24-48 hours for any change to go through. So there is a chance that they won't hold it and it will go out for delivery. And since there is no signature required for some reason, if I'm not here they will just leave it in our locked parcel boxes (best case scenario) or just leave it in the mail room and by the time I get back late Monday, it could be gone.

So either it will be held and I can pick it up, or I have to delay my trip start until after it's delivered.

This whole ''UPS can't hold the parcel at a UPS center'' situation makes no sense. Plus, it says on the shipping confirmation from Apple that a signature is required. I can't believe UPS just leave anything from Apple, that is known to be expensive and subject to theft, at the front door...

Reactions: bruinsrme

cwosigns

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
This whole ''UPS can't hold the parcel at a UPS center'' situation makes no sense. Plus, it says on the shipping confirmation from Apple that a signature is required. I can't believe UPS just leave anything from Apple, that is known to be expensive and subject to theft, at the front door...
Yeah. My property installed Parcel Pending lock boxes that meet the security requirement (I’ve had things left there before without a signature). The problem is, half the time they’re either not working or the delivery person doesn’t take the time to use them and they dump packages in a common area.

Texas6283

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2023
Austin, TX

I had a feeling when I saw your other post. Our phones still seem to be traveling together. Mine finally just left Kentucky.

siege134

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2023
will update later, not really expecting them to follow through on that bold of an estimate, but if they did, I would be quite happy to have it almost 2 weeks before Apple's initial estimate. otherwise I would assume it will arrive sometime tomorrow or this weekend. still would be very happy with that.
update: just landed in Anchorage... failing to see how this could get delivered today, as expected.

puggles

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2010
Just got to Alaska. Still says it's going to be delivered 3 hours ago in Massachusetts. I doubt it comes tomorrow either.

Reactions: siege134

sudofrank

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2023
TX, US

This is a sucky situation. I hope they're able to get this held for you.

It's that pre-Holiday season inventory rush right now. Everyone wants to stock the latest devices well in advance so they can make as many sales as possible. Combine that with Amazon and their "Prime Week 2!", you get a worldwide backlog to a certain extent. Too many people like shiny new technology!

FWIW, I got a departure scan outbound from KY at 4:09PM ET. Departure time puts me on UPS2796 from SDF > SAT. On board the lovely 767-300ER. Bring er' home!

Reactions: cwosigns

Texas6283

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2023
Austin, TX

It's that pre-Holiday season inventory rush right now. Everyone wants to stock the latest devices well in advance so they can make as many sales as possible. Combine that with Amazon and their "Prime Week 2!", you get a worldwide backlog to a certain extent. Too many people like shiny new technology!

FWIW, I got a departure scan outbound from KY at 4:09PM ET. Departure time puts me on UPS2796 from SDF > SAT. On board the lovely 767-300ER. Bring er' home!
I think ours are together. Mine also shows departed at 4:09PM. I am in Austin so I assume mine will be flown to SA and then trucked to Austin

cwosigns

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH

This is where ours part ways. Mine will likely (can I still use that word?) get trucked from Louisville to Columbus tonight. OR it will fly from Louisville to Columbus on UPS 1444 and get here at 4:46 AM.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Just got to Alaska. Still says it's going to be delivered 3 hours ago in Massachusetts. I doubt it comes tomorrow either.

It will be there tomorrow. The next set of UPS departures out of PANC will be in the next hour, making it to KSDF after midnight. They should get their arrival scans then, with the departure scans going out either shortly after or that morning, so there is a good chance it will be there tomorrow.

BL.

cwosigns

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
It will be there tomorrow. The next set of UPS departures out of PANC will be in the next hour, making it to KSDF after midnight. They should get their arrival scans then, with the departure scans going out either shortly after or that morning, so there is a good chance it will be there tomorrow.

BL.
The key word being “should.” Lots of shipments have been erratic for the last week.

Attachments

• IMG_0483.jpeg
    IMG_0483.jpeg
    458.3 KB · Views: 100

sudofrank

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2023
TX, US
This is where ours part ways. Mine will likely (can I still use that word?) get trucked from Louisville to Columbus tonight. OR it will fly from Louisville to Columbus on UPS 1444 and get here at 4:46 AM.

I've had too many "Likley"'s in this journey to use that word any further.

I don't know if it's a bad omen that tomorrow is Friday the 13th, in October no less...

Reactions: siege134

WOODYDOG1

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2023
Awesome. I have an Oct 20 - Nov 3 date from ATT. I was expecting delivery before then, but have come to the conclusion it will probably be shipped in that time frame. I am content and have come to peace with that. I've waited 21 days, and I can wait a little longer.
Mine shipped from an att warehouse in Rialto California next day by 12pm to Ohio

Reactions: bruinsrme

siege134

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2023
yeah I knew that from the start of this new estimate lol, unless UPS has teleportation powers, i'll check in again tomorrow.
well, small victory, my 15PM left Anchorage a couple hours ago, assumedly on its way to Louisville, which I am decently close to, so hoping for delivery tomorrow before I head out of town. I am a little bit confused as to why the delivery date hasn't updated, since the estimated delivery date still shows as "Today, October 12th before 7 P.M.," but hoping that will update either at midnight or when it arrives at the Louisville facility. I hope my tracking is still working okay, though I assume the system will refresh at either of those.

Reactions: cwosigns

appleii.c

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2013
So I ended up giving up. Ordered on Oct 1, 15P, Nat, 256. Today still in "processing". I've been checking my local stores which were all out of stock, but finally this morning many of the local Apple stores had them in stock (looks like a lot of those flights were for local stores). I cancelled the ship, and bought from the store. Scheduled to pickup this afternoon.

siege134

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2023
well, small victory, my 15PM left Anchorage a couple hours ago, assumedly on its way to Louisville, which I am decently close to, so hoping for delivery tomorrow before I head out of town. I am a little bit confused as to why the delivery date hasn't updated, since the estimated delivery date still shows as "Today, October 12th before 7 P.M.," but hoping that will update either at midnight or when it arrives at the Louisville facility. I hope my tracking is still working okay, though I assume the system will refresh at either of those.
Safely arrived in Louisville around 3:30 and got on a truck at my local facility a bit ago. Out for delivery 🙂

Reactions: davepo

Athelstan

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2010
15 Pro Max white, 512GB - ordered two hours after orders were opened and NOTHING. Estimate of the 6th to 13th was given then and still is set to that. Anyone else gotten their 15 Pro Max white 512GB? Or did I get hit with waiting because I like the most uncommon option? Thank you all for letting me vent a little.

• Sad
Reactions: DcGamer05
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.