Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

laurenbanjo

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
Yup same. Verizon is useless. They're blaming Apple about the late ship dates. Saying there's no stock. They're the ones to blame for providing false dates to begin with. I just got off chat. Makes me want to change my order. Ughh!!!
I work for a place that sells guitars, amps, and effects and can kind of understand where they're coming from.

When we put "ships in early August" for a preordered guitar pedal on our site, we did so because that's what the distributor and manufacturer told us. Early August comes, no guitar pedal. Distributor says to email customers and tell them late August. Customers were frustrated with us. Then it's September and still no word. They can't even give us an ETA. We had a lot of people cancel.

Finally last week we found out our distributor DID get a delivery in early August, but it was damaged in shipping so they sent it back to the manufacturer and demanded all new units. So we are finally getting them this week.

From a customer's point of view, it looks like we lied to them. But we were constantly asking our distributor and were just giving the information we were told.

I'm sure Apple was giving Verizon some numbers of how many phones and which dates, but maybe something happened where Apple then told Verizon they couldn't meet that demand and had to push back the dates. It's upsetting, but it's not really Verizon's fault.

Krissy_21

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
This is almost comical. I just reserved a MB 7+ at Apple. Then I just got charged at 10:30am for my JB 7+ through Verizon. Shipping date: 9/18.

Jet Black 128GB 7+

Original order ship date: 10/5
Reordered ship date due to Verizon error: 11/19
New charged and ship date: 9/18

No tracking # yet.

Omg this gives me hope. I was just considering getting Mb. My Apple Store has them in stock.

jekjones1558

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2010
This is almost comical. I just reserved a MB 7+ at Apple. Then I just got charged at 10:30am for my JB 7+ through Verizon. Shipping date: 9/18.

Jet Black 128GB 7+

No tracking # yet.
Crazy but wonderful! Happy for you! Keep us posted!

Reactions: jimmyb124

buck1127

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2011

Jet Black 128GB 7+

No tracking # yet.
When did you originally order

Moore94

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2016

Jet Black 128GB 7+

No tracking # yet.
So they charge you the day it is shipped

jimmyb124

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2016
Nebraska
Same exact thing happened to me. Did you order more than one phone? I have 3 phones in this order, JB and MB 7+ 128GB and 7 GOLD 128GB. I think if we ordered in one order process we got screwed because they wait till all the phones are there before shipping out.
Just the one phone for me :(

CanesDrew

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2012
Memphis, TN
Haven't gotten the official shipped email but I did get my tracking number after checking the order status. It's shipping via "UPSGROUND1" which I assume is next day ground service. Assuming it ships out today, I guess there's a chance it could be here tomorrow but I doubt it. Probably Tuesday. Need time to reroute it to either my work or hold it at the distribution center.

JB 128GB 7+

9739a20389dcdc4cde28c22cd9e9c575.jpg

Reactions: jimmyb124

jekjones1558

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2010
Haven't gotten the official shipped email but I did get my tracking number after checking the order status. It's shipping via "UPSGROUND1" which I assume is next day ground service. Assuming it ships out today, I guess there's a chance it could be here tomorrow but I doubt it. Probably Tuesday. Need time to reroute it to either my work or hold it at the distribution center.

JB 128GB 7+

9739a20389dcdc4cde28c22cd9e9c575.jpg
So happy for you, especially after all the initial problems. Enjoy your new phone!

CanesDrew

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2012
Memphis, TN
So happy for you, especially after all the initial problems. Enjoy your new phone!

Thanks! It wasn't fun. I feel bad getting angry with the various CSR's now. But ultimately it's the Verizon hierarchy to blame. They don't empower their employees to find and give answers so it takes sometimes multiple calls to get the answer one rep could have given you.

We're all finding this out the hard way.

Panic61

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
Still processing... but at least the expected ship date hasn't changed, still 9/28 for a 256 JB 7+

Hemifam

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
California
I do have alerts but iOS 10 has totally screwed up my text messages on my iPhone 6S Plus they feeeze up and I must reboot my phone multiple times a day, I may need to set up email alerts now!

So between rebooting phone, checking order and account status this has been the best iPhone launch ever lol :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.