Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
I check everyday on Apple.com for local pickup of a SS black and today it changed from unavailable everywhere to be "Available for pickup 11/2" at all nearby stores. So it appears no chance at getting lucky.

I think that's just a buffer.

I still think Apple will ship watches daily, I have a Sports Series 2... but I'm still on a look out for a SS model. There's one now, but it's the one with the buckle.

I plan on waiting until I get the SS model with just a sports band.

MacKid1983

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2011
just snagged myself a Series 2 space grey 42mm with black sport band. Going to pick it up later tonight.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-28 at 4.41.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-28 at 4.41.22 PM.png
    178 KB · Views: 271

blwade

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
just snagged myself a Series 2 space grey 42mm with black sport band. Going to pick it up later tonight.

I saw this at my local apple store... but I was busy and couldn't order it. It was gone in like 2 hours. I was TOTALLY bummed.

I also wasn't sure if I was going to be able to request a nylon band instead of Sports band at the time... and I would rather have the nylon. But I have since talked to support and they did tell me they still honor the band swap as long as the band you are swapping to is a combo you can buy out of the box.

I did reserve for pickup a 42 space gray with nylon band at best buy for Saturday... will cancel and get in Apple store if they get stock tomorrow though!

a.y.n

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2009
San Francisco
I saw a 42 gray with black nylon band at the Stanford store last Friday, but didn't want to drive all the way there to get it. The business team at my local Apple Store told me last Friday they might get some this Monday, but nothing came in. I actually haven't seen this model available at any Apple Stores nearby since last Friday. But I just checked on Best Buy and they have a few available, so I'm picking mine up later today.

MacKid1983

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2011
I didn't know you can request a band swap. I wonder if I can go back tomorrow and ask for the black nylon band? Does anyone think that will be possible?

harpyeagle

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2011
Are you sure? I know they allowed it with the launch of the first gen last year.

Maybe they still do.

Here is what I see when I try to return my watch online..

"If you would like to return your Apple Watch for a refund, please continue with your return below.To exchange your band for another band sold with your Apple Watch case, please call 1-800-MY-APPLE."

I am betting on this option as my second order of 42 SS Leather loop from Apple is expected Nov 1. So just ordered 42 SS White band at Best Buy that says will be delivered Saturday 10/1. I will try to then go to an Apple Store and request a swap for leather loop though it was bought @BB.

We'll see what happens.

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
Are you sure? I know they allowed it with the launch of the first gen last year.

I do not recall this. I cannot recall people being allowed to go into a store and get another band instead of the one that was sold with the watch unless the band itself was defective.
[doublepost=1475116703][/doublepost]
Maybe they still do.

Here is what I see when I try to return my watch online..

"If you would like to return your Apple Watch for a refund, please continue with your return below.To exchange your band for another band sold with your Apple Watch case, please call 1-800-MY-APPLE."

I am betting on this option as my second order of 42 SS Leather loop from Apple is expected Nov 1. So just ordered 42 SS White band at Best Buy that says will be delivered Saturday 10/1. I will try to then go to an Apple Store and request a swap for leather loop though it was bought @BB.

We'll see what happens.

I think they let people swap bands of the same price (sport for sport, leather for milanese, etc) online last year, but there wasn't any in-store option for this. I doubt they'll give you a 150-dollar band at Apple to replace a 50-dollar one.

And, it seems it was only because some folks complained that the classic buckle band was defective, but I may be recalling it incorrectly.

I do recall for sure that it was an online offer. I cannot see them doing it now because these band styles have been out for SOOO long.

blwade

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
I do not recall this. I cannot recall people being allowed to go into a store and get another band instead of the one that was sold with the watch unless the band itself was defective.

I think they let people swap bands of the same price (sport for sport, leather for milanese, etc) online last year, but there wasn't any in-store option for this. I doubt they'll give you a 150-dollar band at Apple to replace a 50-dollar one.

And, it seems it was only because some folks complained that the classic buckle band was defective, but I may be recalling it incorrectly.

I do recall for sure that it was an online offer. I cannot see them doing it now because these band styles have been out for SOOO long.

I spoke to Apple CS on chat and she told me you could - as long as it's the same price and the band you want has the same Watch/band combo you will end up with. I.e. Can switch from sport to nylon on the aluminum series 2 models... the rep did say this had to take place in the original 14 days.

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
I spoke to Apple CS on chat and she told me you could - as long as it's the same price and the band you want has the same Watch/band combo you will end up with. I.e. Can switch from sport to nylon on the aluminum series 2 models... the rep did say this had to take place in the original 14 days.

They'll do this in store or online?

Because the way you are describing it is the only way it worked last year. As in:

Person buys a 42MM SS with WSB, but really wanted the 42MM SS with BSB.

Or

Person buys a 42MM SS with Milanese, but really wants a 42MM SS with Midnight Blue LL.

In both cases, cost of entire watch (or cost of band, however you look at it) is the same and the combo is one that is offered in an intact watch.

So, if you bought a 42MM Silver Sport with a WSB and you wanted the Pearl Nylon, you could switch, but if you wanted some other nylon band, they wouldn't allow it.

Or, that's how it worked last year. And, it was all done online.

Fake Blood

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2015
I live in Tokyo and any of them are impossible to find. They all say available stock in stores will be November 1st.

blwade

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
They'll do this in store or online?

Because the way you are describing it is the only way it worked last year. As in:

Person buys a 42MM SS with WSB, but really wanted the 42MM SS with BSB.

Or

Person buys a 42MM SS with Milanese, but really wants a 42MM SS with Midnight Blue LL.

In both cases, cost of entire watch (or cost of band, however you look at it) is the same and the combo is one that is offered in an intact watch.

So, if you bought a 42MM Silver Sport with a WSB and you wanted the Pearl Nylon, you could switch, but if you wanted some other nylon band, they wouldn't allow it.

Or, that's how it worked last year. And, it was all done online.

I didn't think think to ask if it had be done online vs in the store... guess I just assumed they would do it in the store as well.

I'm not as familiar with the SS options.. but I think what you are saying is right. You can't swap to a band (including different colors) that doesn't come preconfigured in that setup.

The reason this mattered for me is that I want a 42 mm space gray with nylon band, but if all that's available is the BSB, I can get it and ideally within the 14 day window, swap just the band to black nylon (note: I cannot get perl nylon or any other color nylon since that option doesn't exist in preconfigured combo with space gray Watch)

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
If the watch that I want is in an Apple retail store 50 miles away, does anyone know if that watch can be transferred to a store more local to me for pick up

harpyeagle

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2011

Well, i am sure you'd have to pay the price difference if it's an upgrade as far as the band you are requesting for is already a band/Watch combo.

You ma be right that It could be online only as the message I saw states to call the 800 number.

Guess, we'll find out soon. If BB keeps their promise and delivers the 42SS white sport band on Saturday, I am going to try this at my local Apple Store this weekend.

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
If the watch that I want is in an Apple retail store 50 miles away, does anyone know if that watch can be transferred to a store more local to me for pick up

No. They'll just tell you to order online.
[doublepost=1475153594][/doublepost]
Well, i am sure you'd have to pay the price difference if it's an upgrade as far as the band you are requesting for is already a band/Watch combo.

You ma be right that It could be online only as the message I saw states to call the 800 number.

Guess, we'll find out soon. If BB keeps their promise and delivers the 42SS white sport band on Saturday, I am going to try this at my local Apple Store this weekend.

BB just pushed back my 42MM SS WSB order that was due to arrive today. To October 20th.

I hope you are more fortunate.

mjteggy05

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2005
No. They'll just tell you to order online.
[doublepost=1475153594][/doublepost]

BB just pushed back my 42MM SS WSB order that was due to arrive today. To October 20th.

I hope you are more fortunate.

I had the great BB experience of UPS losing my shipped watch in the mail (apparently UPS these days hands some packages off to USPS, who basically has no oversight or something?). BB, of course, is quick to "reship", but my new expected date is October 20, which is really obnoxious. I'm debating cancelling the order at this point, and re-ordering from Apple at some point when stock becomes less constrained...

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
I had the great BB experience of UPS losing my shipped watch in the mail (apparently UPS these days hands some packages off to USPS, who basically has no oversight or something?). BB, of course, is quick to "reship", but my new expected date is October 20, which is really obnoxious. I'm debating cancelling the order at this point, and re-ordering from Apple at some point when stock becomes less constrained...

I called BB this AM and they told me that mine is actually already shipped. So, make sure that the 10/20 date you got emailed is even accurate. It might not be. They gave me my tracking numbers and sure enough... watches are moving right now.

And nearby. LOL.

I only needed one of the ones I ordered, but the first order got the wrong address attached to it, so that's a whole, separate ordeal.

I hope you get your watch soon. I bet you will.

scorpio1973

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2009
I randomly checked Apple.com yesterday and I was able to grab a S2 38MM Gold w/Concrete band for pickup last night. Now, all of my local stores say "available on 11/2" so I guess I was lucky.

Keep checking because they are out there. Good luck to everyone looking!

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
I called BB this AM and they told me that mine is actually already shipped. So, make sure that the 10/20 date you got emailed is even accurate. It might not be. They gave me my tracking numbers and sure enough... watches are moving right now.

And nearby. LOL.

I only needed one of the ones I ordered, but the first order got the wrong address attached to it, so that's a whole, separate ordeal.

Update: My watch from BB showed up yesterday anyway. I ordered it on 9/28. :)

mjteggy05

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2005

And nearby. LOL.

Funnily enough, even as I talked to them on the phone, and was told that most likely 20th was accurate, I got an email about 6 hours later saying it was shipped and being delivered today (which it now has been). Good times!

Reactions: bunnicula
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.