Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phogro

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2015
Boston, MA
Seems like Apple stores across the country got a new shipment of watches for the weekend walk-ins. This morning there was nothing in New England, but this afternoon there's a decent selection of 38 and 42mm watches.

kevin_tron_taco

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2016
Burbank, CA
I just bought a second SS Apple Watch series 2 from Apple at the Glendale galleria. Ordered online for store pick up. The girlfriend is going to be thrilled!

Kind of makes me think I won't pre order again in the future. I picked up both watches and my iPhone 7 in stores before my pre order delivery dates estimated.

Reactions: JCFIVE2

macfanrutler

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2010
NJ
I was able to pick up mine today, Apple even rushed the processing so I didn't have to wait after ordering. I was able to cancel my online order that was set for delivery at the end of October.

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
I just bought a second SS Apple Watch series 2 from Apple at the Glendale galleria. Ordered online for store pick up. The girlfriend is going to be thrilled!

Kind of makes me think I won't pre order again in the future. I picked up both watches and my iPhone 7 in stores before my pre order delivery dates estimated.

Congrats, still nothing in NYC

surferfb

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2007
Washington DC
Just picked up a ceramic 42mm at Tysons Corner store in Virginia. Still have some left as of this posting. They said they got a delivery in this afternoon - may also have other models.

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
What are you talking about? Yesterday evening and this morning the Apple stores had a bunch of them and still have quite a few different models. Bestbuy has them too.

Not the stainless steel 42mm with sport bands, I've never seen it available on the Apple website for pickup availability in NYC stores

Buddhake

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2016
Just picked up a ceramic 42mm at Tysons Corner store in Virginia. Still have some left as of this posting. They said they got a delivery in this afternoon - may also have other models.

Really hoping the Ceramic are not limited to the major cities only, like the previous Editions were. Not keen on a 5 week shipping wait, and want to see in person before I buy one.

Congrats on yours, I hope you enjoy it!

blwade

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
The watch I want is in Dallas, TX :(

I'm pretty sure that's the nearest to me!

Found it in DC and Miami.. no luck with a 42 mm space gray within 10 hours of me lol

kevin_tron_taco

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2016
Burbank, CA
After seeing on at the store I went to today, I decided to trade up from my s2 space black to the ceramic. Ordered online and picking it up in Santa Monica tomorrow!

Never thought I'd spend that kind of cash on a watch.

My gf is going to kill me.

Reactions: Buddhake

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
After seeing on at the store I went to today, I decided to trade up from my s2 space black to the ceramic. Ordered online and picking it up in Santa Monica tomorrow!

So, it's a beg forgiveness vs. ask permission deal?

I kid, I kid. :)

If she's been with you long enough, she likely knows you might do this sort of thing. My husband (was my BF at the time) didn't really bat much of an eye at me wanting a diamond Tag Heuer for my grad school graduation. He just told me he doubted I'd wear it much.

I don't, btw. ;)

Enjoy your ceramic. I like the white. Very clean looking.

Vihzel

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2010

Especially since Series 3 will most likely warrant an upgrade.

naderica82

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2016
I'll probably regret this because someone near me will use it and hurt my chances, but here's the script I'm using in the Mac Terminal to check Watch availability every 60 seconds:

Code:
MODEL=MNPJ2LL/A
ZIP=10012

while [ 1 ]; do curl "http://www.apple.com/shop/retail/pickup-message?parts.0=$MODEL&location=$ZIP" --silent 2>&1 | egrep -q '"pickupDisplay":"available"' && say "A white watch is available"; sleep 60; done

Just change the model and ZIP code as appropriate.
[doublepost=1474840415][/doublepost]hi can someone help me in using the terminal to locate the apple watch. I am not sure how to do this, I tried pasting it in but its not working

MiamiBourne

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2009
[doublepost=1474840415][/doublepost]hi can someone help me in using the terminal to locate the apple watch. I am not sure how to do this, I tried pasting it in but its not working

Just go to istocknow.com They now have updated the site to include the Apple Watch series 2. I used this site to find my iPhone 7 Plus to buy and walking in Wednesday at the SOHO store in NYC and then to buy for pickup a 38mm SS Apple Watch series 2 for my wife at the Grand Central store in NYC. Now if only they would have stock for the 42mm Stainless Steel w/white band so my Apple product store search can finally come to and end!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.