Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

idealcheese

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
Nothing in NYC since launch with stainless steel series 2 watches

All hail tim cook

Same frustration here. I pre-ordered the SS black and now regret that. I want to exchange for a plain SS version before my 14 days return window is up but it's not looking good. :mad::(

Bmf79

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2011
Same frustration here. I pre-ordered the SS black and now regret that. I want to exchange for a plain SS version before my 14 days return window is up but it's not looking good. :mad::(

Funny, I was thinking of doing the same thing

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012

The SS black was available day 1 in the soho store but stayed far away from it, none of the bands match with it unless you only use black bands

I'll just keep patiently waiting

tigertech

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2016
I'll probably regret this because someone near me will use it and hurt my chances, but here's the script I'm using in the Mac Terminal to check Watch availability every 60 seconds:

Code:
MODEL=MNPJ2LL/A
ZIP=10012

while [ 1 ]; do curl "http://www.apple.com/shop/retail/pickup-message?parts.0=$MODEL&location=$ZIP" --silent 2>&1 | egrep -q '"pickupDisplay":"available"' && say "A white watch is available"; sleep 60; done

Just change the model and ZIP code as appropriate.

btrach144

macrumors demi-god
Aug 28, 2015
Indiana
I'll probably regret this because someone near me will use it and hurt my chances, but here's the script I'm using in the Mac Terminal to check Watch availability every 60 seconds:

Code:
MODEL=MNPJ2LL/A
ZIP=10012

while [ 1 ]; do curl "http://www.apple.com/shop/retail/pickup-message?parts.0=$MODEL&location=$ZIP" --silent 2>&1 | egrep -q '"pickupDisplay":"available"' && say "A white watch is available"; sleep 60; done

Thank you! I don't live near you so no guilt in using it :)

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008

Code:
MODEL=MNPJ2LL/A
ZIP=10012

Excellent! I don't live remotely near you, either. Thanks!

jjknn

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
istocknow.com now has Apple Watch Tracking.

For example, I saw a 38mm SB Stainless Steel Series 2 with Milanese Loop available in Temecula, CA. When I looked at the Apple.com site, it shows it available tomorrow. (I unfortunately am not looking for that particular model).

Good Luck

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
istocknow.com now has Apple Watch Tracking.

For example, I saw a 38mm SB Stainless Steel Series 2 with Milanese Loop available in Temecula, CA. When I looked at the Apple.com site, it shows it available tomorrow. (I unfortunately am not looking for that particular model).

Good Luck

Their Apple Watch tracker does not appear to be active.

jjknn

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
Screen Shot 2016-09-21 at 8.36.11 PM.png

blwade

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
thanks for the script! I went ahead and placed an order... will continue looking until it's fulfilled, but I don't see 42 mm space gray with nylon band anywhere near me.. and istocknow confirms that! No love for the south there!

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008

Ahhh... I was not looking on the live map.
[doublepost=1474520986][/doublepost]
thanks for the script! I went ahead and placed an order... will continue looking until it's fulfilled, but I don't see 42 mm space gray with nylon band anywhere near me.. and istocknow confirms that! No love for the south there!

Not much 42MM stock, period. Which is weird because so much more 42MM is sold than 38MM, you'd think they'd be planning for that and just not make much 38MM stock at all.

tigertech

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2016

You're welcome. My script just snagged me the white aluminum 42 mm series 2 I was looking for, even though the availability isn't yet showing on istocknow.com. Picking it up tonight. :)

ariel484

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2016

Code:
MODEL=MNPJ2LL/A
ZIP=10012

Thanks for this! I am a total newbie...so I basically open the terminal window on my Mac, paste this in and update my zipcode...and voila? :)

tigertech

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2016
Thanks for this! I am a total newbie...so I basically open the terminal window on my Mac, paste this in and update my zipcode...and voila? :)

Yep, paste in all three lines.

In addition to changing the ZIP code, you'd need to change the model number if you're not looking for a 42mm series 2 Silver Aluminum Pearl white band one, which the model I was looking for. For example, if you want the 42mm series 2 Silver Aluminum Pearl Woven Nylon one, that's model MNPK2LL/A instead of MNPJ2LL/A, so your script would look like:

Code:
MODEL=MNPK2LL/A
ZIP=12345
while [ 1 ]; do curl "http://www.apple.com/shop/retail/pickup-message?parts.0=$MODEL&location=$ZIP" --silent 2>&1 | egrep -q '"pickupDisplay":"available"' && say "A silver watch with a pearl band is available"; sleep 60; done

This random page I found has model numbers.

Here's a demo that it works :)

aw.PNG

Reactions: ariel484

ballpark1313

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
I was able to pick up a silver aluminum with the white sport band today at the Apple Store here in Phoenix. I randomly checked st 1215 and 3 stores in the area had stock.
Yesterday I went by the Apple Store and they said they weren't going to be getting any for a while until apple caught up with their online orders. Guess that wasn't true.
I just checked using the Apple webpage on my iPhone. Not on the app.

Good luck everyone.

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
I've been forgetful about checking at midnight every day, but I feel like there's been no stock for S2 SS watches in NYC at all :(

You haven't missed out, there has been no SS models but I've seen the aluminum models pop up

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
Yep, paste in all three lines.

In addition to changing the ZIP code, you'd need to change the model number if you're not looking for a 42mm series 2 Silver Aluminum Pearl white band one, which the model I was looking for. For example, if you want the 42mm series 2 Silver Aluminum Pearl Woven Nylon one, that's model MNPK2LL/A instead of MNPJ2LL/A, so your script would look like:

Code:
MODEL=MNPK2LL/A
ZIP=12345
while [ 1 ]; do curl "http://www.apple.com/shop/retail/pickup-message?parts.0=$MODEL&location=$ZIP" --silent 2>&1 | egrep -q '"pickupDisplay":"available"' && say "A silver watch with a pearl band is available"; sleep 60; done

This random page I found has model numbers.

Here's a demo that it works :)

View attachment 657321

So I changed to my zip code, and changed to the model I want. It told me that a watch was available, but when I go to Apple.com, or the store app, none show as available. Did I do something wrong with the script?

ariel484

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2016
Waiting to pick up a 38mm silver aluminum with white sport band - NE Ohio. I've been checking the app multiple times per day and today was the first I've seen them being in stores. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.