Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you like to be able to swipe left and right to switch watch faces?

• Yes. I like the way it was in WatchOS 9 and earlier (swipe left and right for watch faces).

Votes: 244 66.8%
  • No. I like the way it is in WatchOS 10 (swiping left and right has no function)

Votes: 80 21.9%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 41 11.2%

• Total voters

henni2016

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
Great to have this feature back, but did anyone notice this kinky behaviour: Each time i swipe to a different watch face, it shows 10:09 as the time and then switches back to the actual time. Also some of the complications seem to need to reload whens switching faces. I pretty sure, that this wasn't the case with WatchOS 9. Or am i wrong?

perezr10

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2014
Monroe, Louisiana
Great to have this feature back, but did anyone notice this kinky behaviour: Each time i swipe to a different watch face, it shows 10:09 as the time and then switches back to the actual time. Also some of the complications seem to need to reload whens switching faces. I pretty sure, that this wasn't the case with WatchOS 9. Or am i wrong?
Ha! You’re right. It says 10:09 for a fraction of a second. I didn’t notice until I saw your post.

Arran

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
You're completely right. I know the new, unexpected animation is annoying some folks here, but I quite like it TBH.

Love watching the hands sweep smoothly from 10:09 to the actual time. Quite satisfying. Very "analog" and not at all necessary.

stigman

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2014
Europe
They should bring back swiping method for Control Center. I don't like this fuction assigned to Side button.

rbart

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2013
France
It doesn’t match well with smartstack
I really prefer the new way for control center.
Very easy access from everywhere, while running…

wolfboy

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2010
Yes, this is the new Watch OS10 behavior I guess. It's not too bad with the analog faces since there's a quick animation and looks (almost) intentional. However, quite terrible and jarring on the digital faces, and looks like a bug. Very distracting.

Edit: actually I think it might be a bug after all and NOT intentional. If you use an analog face and set the digital time complication in the center, it also shows 10:09 in the digital complication for a split second after waking from the always on display.

Last edited:
Reactions: tomtattoo

AsherN

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2016
Canada
Yes, this is the new Watch OS10 behavior I guess. It's not too bad with the analog faces since there's a quick animation and looks (almost) intentional. However, quite terrible and jarring on the digital faces, and looks like a bug. Very distracting.

Edit: actually I think it might be a bug after all and NOT intentional. If you use an analog face and set the digital time complication in the center, it also shows 10:09 in the digital complication for a split second after waking from the always on display.
Default setting. Only the active watch face updates. You have not noticed it on OS10 before because that reset occurred as the face moved out of edit to become active.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.