Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you like to be able to swipe left and right to switch watch faces?

• Yes. I like the way it was in WatchOS 9 and earlier (swipe left and right for watch faces).

Votes: 244 66.8%
  • No. I like the way it is in WatchOS 10 (swiping left and right has no function)

Votes: 80 21.9%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 41 11.2%

• Total voters

macos9rules

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2012
Honestly, it took me all of 3 seconds to adapt to the change, I really don’t care, it takes split seconds extra.
That said, I don’t see what the harm would’ve been to provide the choice, like they did with the safari address bar on the iPhone.
I’d like to be able to reverse both features. Swiping up for Control Center, and the button for that useless widget thing.

George Dawes

Suspended
Jul 17, 2014
=VH=
Much prefer the old way

Plus is it me or is the screen a bit bigger ? I’m sure it looks it … watch 6 .. odd in a good way

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I voted that I liked the way it was, but I was also getting on to ask how to do it in watchOS 10 because I had not figured it out yet, and that was about the second or third post in the thread. Now that I know how to do it, I’d say I’m kind of indifferent about it. I like that it’s not easy to accidentally switch it, but it was also easy to switch back if you did, so it really isn’t a big deal I guess.

Sarpent

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2014
I agree. It’s not that hard.

But it’s like having a toilet flush handle that’s starting to degrade and you have to hold it down for a few seconds to flush. It’s only a couple of extra seconds but very annoying.
It's actually not like that. You have to press and hold down for a while. Then you can swipe. Then you have to press again to dismiss. If you're old enough to need glasses for reading, there's the extra step of putting on glasses. This is an accessibility issue.

The reason this is an issue is that some folks use a bunch of complications. They don't all fit on one face, so we group them. I typically use 3 faces -- health, work, and workout. Being able to quickly swipe between the three makes my watch so much more useable.

I know that some folks don't care about this. I would be fine if it was a setting in the iPhone's watch app.

missingar

Suspended
Jun 22, 2023
It's actually not like that. You have to press and hold down for a while. Then you can swipe. Then you have to press again to dismiss. If you're old enough to need glasses for reading, there's the extra step of putting on glasses. This is an accessibility issue.

The reason this is an issue is that some folks use a bunch of complications. They don't all fit on one face, so we group them. I typically use 3 faces -- health, work, and workout. Being able to quickly swipe between the three makes my watch so much more useable.

I know that some folks don't care about this. I would be fine if it was a setting in the iPhone's watch app.
yeah i'm not looking forward to having to explain to my mother how to switch faces on her watch for the third time. in fact, the way they moved EVERYTHING around is going to be an issue.

Megadust

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2008
In WatchOS 9 and earlier you were able to swipe left and right to select from your different watch faces.
In WatchOS 10 that feature has been removed and swiping left and right does nothing.
Let's see what everyone thinks about this change.
I used the swipe between faces quite a bit but I hated how they implemented it as I often accidentally changed faces without knowing it. Maybe they should have a 2 finger swipe?

_Philosopher

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2023
Finally! It's released and I can swipe between faces again!

Thanks to those who mentioned going to the watch itself and then settings -> clock to enable it.

And yes, let's hope this is the way Apple enables new features in the future, rather than "breaking" things for those of us who were using these things.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.