Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hooks

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2011
Berlin, Germany
I have a 2020 12.9” iPad Pro. Apple has always limited the usability of the iPad’s software, not adding features that should’ve been added long ago. There’s no more excuses. It’s 2022 and we still don’t have: proper external monitor support, proper multitasking with more windows, full pro apps (not the half assed apps we always get on the App Store and first party apps like iMovie, real apps like Final Cut Pro, Logic Pro, Lightroom Classic, real Photoshop, Pixelmator Pro, Xcode, Compressor, you get the idea), a weather app, a calculator app, optimized battery charging, external camera support, proper file management (like being able to format, fix or otherwise edit external drives, transferring files at the full capable speed USB-C and Thunderbolt on newer iPads should deliver, etc) and a whole bunch of other stuff the iPad needs. I’m not asking to put macOS on the iPad, just fix the software. I got my hopes up for iPadOS 15, but that turned out to be not only a massive disappointment, I consider it to be the worst update ever. Apple has clearly said no to merging the Mac and iPad operating systems, and has always advocated for keeping the iPad and Mac separate according to how they wish it to be, and considering that and all those awful lackluster iPadOS updates, I don’t think they will ever release the iPad from its software prison. The iPad is just as expensive as a decent laptop and it’s far more powerful than most laptops in its price range. Just give us the software it deserves. I have a feeling iPadOS 16 will be even worse than 15. In that case, someone needs to file a class action lawsuit against Apple and the iPad (especially the iPad Pro) should be boycotted until Apple overhauls the software (if they ever do, which they probably never will)
You know what they call this attitude? Entitlement.

Apple doesn't owe you anything, and is under no obligation to provide customers with anything. If you don't think the product is not worth you money, don't buy it. It's that simple. There are other tablets.

But I think something more is happening here... You actually DO want the iPad. You just want more. And you're disappointed. But you still want the iPad, even with its flaws. Why else would you make a stink about this?

Hoo Doo Dude

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2010
Read the latest on what is coming with the next OS. That makes it clear Apple is listening and taking action. You’ll find out for sure next week.

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
You know what they call this attitude? Entitlement.

Apple doesn't owe you anything, and is under no obligation to provide customers with anything. If you don't think the product is not worth you money, don't buy it. It's that simple. There are other tablets.

Amen.

This ridiculous thread should be locked and deleted. If you want a MacBook, just buy a MacBook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.