Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Momax QPad Pro, designed in HK. Got it on sale for HKD380, which is around USD50.

2907B267-871A-46C6-BC57-0551DDDD5BAB.jpeg
3B020996-A36D-4143-B0BB-8AFB7E12F23A.jpeg
683E0B12-6E07-44B5-BECD-C4D283ABDA5A.jpeg

premierpark

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2016
Hi!

I'm planning to buy a wireless QI charger for my iphone X.
I use the phone in a UAG case, so it's important to charge the phone without removing the case.
There is no limit in the price.

What do you reccomend? :)

Thank you

ondert

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2017
Canada
Hi!

I'm planning to buy a wireless QI charger for my iphone X.
I use the phone in a UAG case, so it's important to charge the phone without removing the case.
There is no limit in the price.

What do you reccomend? :)

Thank you

What's the thickness of your case? Even with Qi fast chargers, it seems that the efficiency drops significantly after reaching more than 4mm thickness.

bigjnyc

macrumors G3
Apr 10, 2008
whoa so this slicecharge pro on kickstarter is starting to look like a mistake.... I just keep kind of forgetting about it until this thread comes up in my watched threads then I casually check on it. I ordered 2 and the last update I received was back on June 10th... supposedly they were starting to ship, but it looks like that was B.S....... Judging by the comments on the kickstarter website nobody has received anything..... Someone just posted 2 days ago that they are backer number #180 and still nothing. I am backer # 1,146 so I am probably not going to see this thing until next year lol.

bob24

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
whoa so this slicecharge pro on kickstarter is starting to look like a mistake.... I just keep kind of forgetting about it until this thread comes up in my watched threads then I casually check on it. I ordered 2 and the last update I received was back on June 10th... supposedly they were starting to ship, but it looks like that was B.S....... Judging by the comments on the kickstarter website nobody has received anything..... Someone just posted 2 days ago that they are backer number #180 and still nothing. I am backer # 1,146 so I am probably not going to see this thing until next year lol.

Some people have received it. It looks like they are shipping regularity and working on the backlog. But what I’d be more worried about is the lack of Qi certification.

CasuallyDressed

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
Bournemouth, UK
Some people have received it. It looks like they are shipping regularity and working on the backlog. But what I’d be more worried about is the lack of Qi certification.
I think you're confusing the SliceCharge 2 with the SliceCharge Pro. SC2 doesn't have Qi certs, and started shipping a little while ago. SC Pro does have Qi certs and hasn't started shipping yet.

I'm also a SC Pro backer and getting a little nervous. They seemed to have just dropped off the planet.

bob24

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
I think you're confusing the SliceCharge 2 with the SliceCharge Pro. SC2 doesn't have Qi certs, and started shipping a little while ago. SC Pro does have Qi certs and hasn't started shipping yet.

I'm also a SC Pro backer and getting a little nervous. They seemed to have just dropped off the planet.

No, not confusing them. They confirmed recently on Kickstarter that the pro hasn’t received Qi certification to date.

The improvement on the Pro is that the Apple Watch charging puck is MFI certified, which is good as it guarantees compatibility with watchOS updates and newer watches. But this only relates to watch charging and is different from Qi certification for the other charging coils used to charge phones and AirPods - those aren’t certified which to me is a concern.

So in short:
- The slicecharge 2 main coils aren’t Qi certified and its watch charger isn’t MFI certified.
- the slicecharge pro main coils aren’t Qi certified either, but the improvement is that the watch charger is MFI certified.

Also the pro has definitely stated shipping and some people have even received it. See the Kickstarter comments: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2127998328/slicecharge-pro-worlds-1st-6-coils-wireless-chargi

Last edited:

Poki

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2012
So my SliceCharge Pro arrived today:

hHNy9vp.jpg

Seems to be doing its job so far. Its not the colour I ordered, which is annoying, but I’ll take care of that.

Looks great! I'll probably order one too, just not too confident spending 129 bucks on a company that has sooo many complaints on Kickstarter.

By the way, is the Slicecharge Pro completely silent or is there some buzzing or even a fan when charging multiple devices?

CasuallyDressed

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
Bournemouth, UK
Looks great! I'll probably order one too, just not too confident spending 129 bucks on a company that has sooo many complaints on Kickstarter.

By the way, is the Slicecharge Pro completely silent or is there some buzzing or even a fan when charging multiple devices?
They are riddled with complaints, I agree. I was starting to feel a little uneasy about the whole thing, especially as I’m moving house in less than 2 weeks and they didn’t reply to my request to change address. The item just shipped out of nowhere!

I haven’t heard any buzzing, but then I’ve not had my ear up to it. I’ll check it in the morning after all 3 items have been on charge all night.

Can you write your experiences? Mine has been shipped this week.
Only had it a couple hours, but so far it seems great. My watch snaps on quite nicely. My Airpods by default sit at the correct height because of the stand, so they had no trouble locating a charge. My iPhone 8+ just nestles nicely between them so locates a charge straight away too.

I don’t have anything else to report yet, but will share anything should something irk me or go wrong.

(Only thing that currently bugs me is the fact that the charging cable comes out of the top, which just looks daft when the pad is on its stand)

ondert

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2017
Canada
Thanks, what about heat? Does it overheat itself or the phone? One of my biggest concerns is this.
Also, yes, that cable position is really stupid. Can’t you just turn the pad other way?

CasuallyDressed

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
Bournemouth, UK
Thanks, what about heat? Does it overheat itself or the phone? One of my biggest concerns is this.
Also, yes, that cable position is really stupid. Can’t you just turn the pad other way?
Not sure about heat yet, I’ll have a better idea of that in the morning.

You can’t flip it around, at least not with the cable it comes with. The USB-C cable end is too big and stops you from being able to attach the stand. Maybe with a smaller cable, but even then all the text on the back would be upside down and that would bug me.

bob24

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
You can’t flip it around, at least not with the cable it comes with. The USB-C cable end is too big and stops you from being able to attach the stand. Maybe with a smaller cable, but even then all the text on the back would be upside down and that would bug me.

I'd say the stand is a bit of an after thought which they came up with later in the design process thinking it would be a cheap way to cater for people who prefer vertical charging. If they have it in mind form day one next time, they might position the cable differently.

One thing which could be helpful for you though if you could find it with USB-c on both ends, is a cable with a U shaped connector like this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Charger-Charging-Braided-Samsung-Nintendo/dp/B07GZJB3TR/

Last edited:
Reactions: ondert

bigjnyc

macrumors G3
Apr 10, 2008
I just got notification that my 2 slice charge pro's shipped as well.. I didn't get the stand though since I prefer the laying flat style, plus I always use metal bands and I need the watch charger to pop up..... I'll post some pictures and do a little write up as soon as I get it... Fingers crossed I receive good units.

danniexi

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
got my Slicecharge Pro last week and have been testing it out ever since. a few points.

1. it works most of the time. tbh, finding the “sweet spot” for the phone was a little more difficult than I imagined. there was one time where i woke up with 35% battery on my phone since it had not been charging. it’s a little easier with my AirPods. But yeah, i always have to double/triple check whether or not my phone is charging at night. the “6-coil” design doesn’t make it any easier or better than any other wireless charger imo.

2. Apple Watch charger has been flawless. the fact that its adjustable (vertical or flat) makes it that much better than any other competitor.

3. its a bit smaller than imagined. its a little tight with two phones but certainly do-able.

4. no heat discharge or funky business whatsoever. the pad never feels warm and neither does the phone. not worried in that department.

not much else to add since its a basic wireless charger and works well for my needs. i was hoping the 6-coil design would make a tangible difference in terms of ease of use but it has not.

Reactions: bigjnyc

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Apple is now selling a Mophie dual wireless charging pad. I have been very happy with the wireless charging puck I got two years ago. I recently returned a nomad wireless charging pad because it stopped working. So far I’m happy.

griss0r

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2014
Switched to the new Mophie 3in1 and finally found what i was looking for.

The Belkin BoostUP is also nice but in Combination with a Puk for the AirPods a little expansive.

Nomad Watch Edition can't charge a Apple Watch Series 4 correctly (getting too hot).

4k78

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2016
Switched to the new Mophie 3in1 and finally found what i was looking for.

The Belkin BoostUP is also nice but in Combination with a Puk for the AirPods a little expansive.

Nomad Watch Edition can't charge a Apple Watch Series 4 correctly (getting too hot).

Hmm. I’ve have the Nomad Watch Edition and never had any issues with my Series 4 watch. Not to say people don’t have that issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.