Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What do you plan on purchasing this year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scarpad

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
Not sure Yet I have a couple of payments left on my current phone until I'm eligible to upgrade so i'm gonna sit back over the next couple of months and let the real world reviews come in, i'm really interested if the 6.1 inch LCD screens live up to the standard set by the iPhone 7 and 8, and how it performs, before i know if i will pull the trigger on one of those or go up to the old version.

Matthew9559

macrumors 6502a
Apr 7, 2007
Cleveland, OH
I’m pretty much sold on purchasing the series 4 AW. I have a series 0 and finally got the itch to upgrade 4 months ago but decided to wait until the hopeful announcement tomorrow.

I have an iPhone X and my iPad doesn’t have any problems so all set there.

Enygmatic

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2015
Various
New Watch and new iPad, definitely. Phone likely, but iOS 12 on the X is so fast... honestly, it might take something drastic in the camera(s) or battery department for me to upgrade this year. Maybe FaceID 2.0?

AppleDior31

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
My current X is as perfect as it can get...but a plus version is so hard to resist. If only it would have been available last year I wouldn’t feel the need to upgrade this year. I’ll be upgrading to the plus. And upgrading my iPad during Christmas.

Reactions: jsmitty

Ujaraq

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2018
Denmark
I'll buy a Apple Watch Series 4. That's my first smartwatch ever.

And maybe a new iPhone. Right now I'm on a 5S, but I'm not sure if it can be used with the watch. If it can't, then I'm still not sure what iPhone I want. Can't decide between an SE (I like the form factor) or the new XS. Time will show.

ApplePersonFreak

macrumors 65816
Sep 23, 2016
Xs most likely, although it’ll probably have something compelling enough for me to upgrade from the X since the Max will be too big for my small girly hands

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
XS Plus and Watch Series 4 are a must.

iPad Pro is more of a want, but I really would use it often.

iMac is a need, but not sure what’ll happen :(

CalmEnvy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2008
I’ll be making my purchases in 2019 but I’ll be getting the iPhone XS Plus/Max (whatever they decide) and the Apple Watch Series 4 LTE. I’ll be coming from a Series 1 so it will be a nice upgrade. May take a look at the charging pad and AirPods charging case depending on price.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I was going to buy the new X Plus but have been very happy wit the size of my current X. Not sure if I want a phone larger so I will hold off for a while and get a new iPad and AW4 instead.

James Baldwin

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2015
Been waiting for the XS plus (a 6.5 inch phone in 5.5 frame) for years now, got an 8+Last year as an interim solution so definetly the 256 GB XS Max (hopefully in that amazing looking gold).

Maybe a AW but I still have the original series 1 and it’s going strong with no real issues, series 4 will have to have some very compelling features otherwise I’m happy to wait a few more years. Doesn’t seem like Apple are really moving much in the AW department, only very gradual updates year to year.

brgjoe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2014
Central IL, USA.
I am always interested in what they have to present at these events. That being said, I think I shall stand pat.

I got my 8 Plus and am very happy with it. It should keep me going for quite awhile longer. Unless I am blown away by any of the phone offerings, won't be upgrading anytime soon. I might be interested in a newer iPad. But again, I would have to have a compelling reason to upgrade.

So will probably sit on the sidelines this time. And will see once again how close the rumors were to the actual products being unveiled today.

Samantha124

Cancelled
Dec 21, 2015
All iPad for me this year. First time I haven’t preordered a new phone but I like the size of the X.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.