Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What do you plan on purchasing this year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iArneezy

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2016
Arkansas
Currently have the 7+. Either getting XS or last years X depending on the keynote. If I’m not impressed with the XS I hope there’s a price drop on the 2017 X today and I’ll just get that today!

raqball

macrumors 68020
Sep 11, 2016
Maybe an iPhone 8 depending on the price cut. Heck maybe even an iPhone 7 if I can find a brand new one at a good price... No interest in the new offerings..

Reactions: LakerLand

PlainEnvelopes

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2018
Currently have the 7+. Either getting XS or last years X depending on the keynote. If I’m not impressed with the XS I hope there’s a price drop on the 2017 X today and I’ll just get that today!

The price drop usually occurs the next business day. If I remember correctly, but non the less a new phone for the weekend.

Reactions: iArneezy

dcpmark

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2009
I’m ready to buy all of the following TODAY:

An iPhone XS Mini (4.7” with flagship features in an SE body)
A new Ipad Mini 5
A MacMini Pro, or a 6-core 5k iMac

So, I may not be buying anything this year....and in some cases, ever. :(

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
Yeah..if only someone invented a way to replace batteries in cell phones. :rolleyes:

And you do know that UNUSED lithium batteries means years without even starting to “go bad”......right??

Right, and other than the battery, how many parts in an iPhone with hardly any moving parts go bad? Buying backup iPhones seems like an exercise in sheer pointlessness. Battery will probably leak or swell and ruin the phone in the box long before the phone you're using needs to be replaced for some other bizarre hardware failure.

Not to mention, how horrendously outdated and unsupported the phone will be in every way by the time you get to spare #2.

Reactions: tlmp

MasterRattler

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2012
After this Keynote, I'm definitely getting the Series 4 Apple watch and will just keep my X one more year.

Q-Dog

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2007
Fedex delivered my new SE right before the keynote started. I guess I can open the box now!

Reactions: Lioness~

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
Was ready to get a dual SIM iPhone, but with the stupid eSIM crap, I’ll just stick with my 6S and replace its battery. Such a dealbreaker. I don’t want to have my supposedly unlocked iPhone be locked by some stupid carrier (eg. AT&T) just because I happen to travel and use that carrier. What load of bollocks.

Skeptical.me

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2017
Australia
Definitely an iPhone 8 after watching that keynote. The pricing has gone insane of late and Apple have gone into full take the mick mode lol. It’s not like last years phones are crap anyway.

They are rather expensive. too expensive (but I still update every year lol). I don't understand why they can't slash their prices and sell more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.