Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Over the last several days, watched the 4 movies of The Hunger Games Trilogy (2012-2015)- An excellent story and screen adaptation. The first is the best, the last is the least best, except for the resolution of the conflict. I loved the reaction of President Snow to The Mockingjay’s surprise move at the climax. Jennifer Lawrence is such a good actress who makes acting look so easy.

I never saw any of them. I need to.

But then again, I only recently saw all the Matrix movies recently too, so I'm not exactly speedy with my movie watching.

Snow4maen

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2021
A small island near Europe
So mum finally got fed up with Harry Potter, I'm using my Google Play movies now....Currently watching The Burbs, Tom Hanks. I saw it when I was young, and I love this film!

1oyRR8D5WiVHwunIkOMjl30Jdg5.jpg

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Zodiac (2007)
View attachment 2375374
More a deep dive into investigation and obsession by one man to identify the killer. Not the typical serial killer film focused on the acts of the perpetrator. The real tragedy is the Zodiac was all too real, yet was never brought to justice. All the same a worthy watch

Q-6
I was lucky enough to watch that movie on cinema, but I was too young to appreciate it fully, which I did on the second view years later. One of this days I’ll watch it again.

Reactions: Huntn and Queen6

shadowboi

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2024
Unknown
Recently I have just watched two Bridget Jones movies for the first time. Pretty much fun cringe romcomedy😃

I think I would probably need some more cringe comedy to keep my morale high so will keep searching for more fun movies, never liked all those “serious dramas”. Life is too much drama anyway

neutrino17

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2022
I rewatched The Big Sleep with Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall because I’ve been watching Sugar and wanted to get refreshed. Wow. What a great movie. It feels like there is nothing extra. Every frame of film contributes to the story.

I rented it on Apple TV+. I don’t know where it came from but it was very nicely restored. A beautiful print. Listening with AirPods Max I was totally immersed in the movie.

Chuckeee

macrumors 68000
Aug 18, 2023
Southern California
Damsel a Netflix movie.
Basic princess and a dragon.
Overall just meh. I would not go out of my way for it but if you like this sort of movie it’s an okay way to waste a couple of hours.

IMG_7081.jpeg

Reactions: VulchR

splifingate

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2013
ATL
Been on an A24 binge, lately.

Watched Mid90s [++], today.

The context seemed more 80's, to me (I was in a different place, at a different time, I guess).

Great character development, and excellent cinematography.

This is just-off finishing The Florida Project [+++] (which I watched just after American Honey [++]).

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Mrs pachyderm is out of town... lol soo... movie time...

MV5BNTMzNjE4NjE2MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTc1NjE4NTM@._V1_.jpg

Went on a Spade bender...
61+zsef6OdL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

61uQFawgzgL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

MV5BYjE2MjIwMmYtM2ZiMy00MzdmLTkyNTYtNmFiNjM5MDJhMGVmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODk4OTc3MTY@._V1_.jpg

The Judge was the best of the lot :apple::apple::apple:.5

The Silencing :apple::apple:.5

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.