Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

realtired

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2024
Well its been a long wait. iPad Pro 11" 512GB, Magic Keyboard, and Pencil Pro. See y'all in a week.

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
My one disappointment is that my old Apple Pencil 2 isn’t compatible with the new Pro. I was looking forward to not spending money there. Hmm.

Reactions: troubleonline

JayMysterio

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
Finally!

I'll be picking up my 13" 1TB iPP with keyboard & pencil next ( I unfortunately work long hours M - Th ) Friday.

Looking forward to it. Have been saving since I got M1 iPP.

nj-morris

macrumors 68000
Nov 30, 2014
UK
Ahhh I don't know, the Pro looks good, but £500 over the Air? Plus £50 for the keyboard? Not sure if it's worth it.

boultonn

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2017
London
Not as devastating on the price front as expected.
I have sprung for the 512GB which has notched it up a bit but the Magic Keyboard is barely (any?) more than the old one?

gorkt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2007
In for the 1TB 11" with Nano screen and new pencil. It's replacing my M1 that I use daily. Very excited about the OLED! I am waiting on the magic keyboard because I rarely use the one I have now.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
My one disappointment is that my old Apple Pencil 2 isn’t compatible with the new Pro. I was looking forward to not spending money there. Hmm.
That’s insane. I’m looking at the website… it’s claiming the old Magic Keyboard is not compatible with the new Pros as well.

I understand that Apple wants to sell accessories… I get it, but at least make the old ones compatible. If the new ones are that good.. let that be the reason we upgrade. Not because we are forced to do it.

Reactions: pdoherty and xxray

Matcha

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2021
Not as devastating on the price front as expected.
I have sprung for the 512GB which has notched it up a bit but the Magic Keyboard is barely (any?) more than the old one?
Functional keys and haptic feedback in the trackpad

nj-morris

macrumors 68000
Nov 30, 2014
UK
That’s insane. I’m looking at the website… it’s claiming the old Magic Keyboard is not compatible with the new Pros as well.

I understand that Apple wants to sell accessories… I get it, but at least make the old ones compatible. If the new ones are that good.. let that be the reason we upgrade. Not because we are forced to do it.
A small price to pay for a screen 0.1 inch bigger

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013

Agreed. The only reason I’m not mad is maybe it’s an issue with redesigned camera. But I’ve had a Pencil 2 sitting around without an iPad for over 6 months that I was waiting to use when this came out.

eltoslightfoot

macrumors 68020
Feb 25, 2011
$455 trade in for my m2 11 inch 1tb with WiFi and cellular , needless to say I turned to my co worker and asked him if he wanted it for $700 and he said sure lol that trade in price is more disrespectful than the Apple Watch trade ins
I foresee a great deal on an m1 or m2 iPad Pro 12.9" in my future...Or I will just break down and get the Air--since it works with my existing pencil and magic keyboard...

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
My main debate right now is whether to just order now, use Apple Card installments, and get it next week, or wait for a third party retailer to discount $100.

I can afford it either way, just trying to be the most financially responsible. If I buy using Apple Card installments, I can keep money saved/invested instead of spending it now, and I probably get an extra 1-2% off using Apple instead of third party. I wasn’t expecting to have to buy a new Pencil which is what’s making me want to wait for a discount.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Agreed. The only reason I’m not mad is maybe it’s an issue with redesigned camera. But I’ve had a Pencil 2 sitting around without an iPad for over 6 months that I was waiting to use when this came out.
Yeah, that makes sense... but if anything, the redesigned caters more to the iPad than the Pencil. I mean, the charging area is still the same for the Pencil according to the videos. It's likely Apple did it arbitrary... in an effort to sell more accessories.

I was expecting that keyboard might be locked to the new Pros... the Pencil was unforeseen.

Reactions: xxray

gusping

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2012
Missed the event as at work but from a quick scan it looks like there is nothing useful to me these can do that my 2018 iPad Pro can’t. Eyes on WWDC I guess. £1,300 for the 13in version. £350 for the keyboard. Ouch.

Reactions: eltoslightfoot

Marswarrior462

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2020
Calgary, AB, Canada
I ordered my iPad Pro a minute or two before the keynote even ended:
Personalized iPad Pro with my name engraved
Space Black
13"
Nano-texture
2TB
Cellular
AppleCare+
Apple Pencil Pro with my name engraved
Black Magic Keyboard
Arriving May 15
Now I'm looking for a screen protector to protect my $4000+ iPad

eltoslightfoot

macrumors 68020
Feb 25, 2011
Missed the event as at work but from a quick scan it looks like there is nothing useful to me these can do that my 2018 iPad Pro can’t. Eyes on WWDC I guess. £1,300 for the 13in version. £350 for the keyboard. Ouch.
Totally agree. Saw nothing that was really worth upgrading my iPad Pro 2018 12.9" since I use a Mac for most of the heavy lifting stuff. My daughter is going to college as an art major, so maybe next fall (2025) for her with that Apple Pencil Pro and Procreate? But I am more interested in an updated Mac this fall than anything announced today.

Reactions: gusping

troubleonline

macrumors 68000
Jun 15, 2010
Edinburgh, Scotland
Pleasantly surprised at the pricing (UK). I was holding out for the announcement with half a view to picking up a discounted 2022 Air. However have gone ahead and ordered an 11" 256gb Air in Starlight and white magic keyboard. My old iPad Pro is so glitchy at the moment with awful battery life so I am expecting a notable improvement 🤞. I've dropped cellular which I may regret but reality I mostly use my iPad on wifi so thought I'd go for the magic keyboard instead. I had a play with the current magic keyboard in store last week and really liked it.

However I was in meetings most of the day so missed the event. So will now head home and learn more about what I've ordered :D

Reactions: xxray and Jay-Jacob

Wags

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2006
Nebraska, USA
$455 trade in for my m2 11 inch 1tb with WiFi and cellular , needless to say I turned to my co worker and asked him if he wanted it for $700 and he said sure lol that trade in price is more disrespectful than the Apple Watch trade ins
That’s ridiculous. Good thing sold that easy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.