Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Whichever is cheaper at your retailer of choice. Both solid cases. The grip on Speck is nice, almost “too much” as it often inverts my work pocket lining lol. Can’t go wrong with either though. Both have excellent protection, face down and button feedback with ample cutouts for charger and mute rocker.
The specks run great deals on Amazon. I believe for the max they are still under 20

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Where did you get these at!???? I’ve been wanting one of these forever. To match my actual magpuls.

Amazon.

Why MagPul is not making these anymore is beyond me. One of my favorite all time cases.
Would give my left nutt for a MagPul Bump case for the iPhone 11 pro max.
I believe MagPul is out of the cell phone case business. ?

Reactions: AE14 and nrvous1

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Amazon.

Why MagPul is not making these anymore is beyond me. One of my favorite all time cases.
Would give my left nutt for a MagPul Bump case for the iPhone 11 pro max.
I believe MagPul is out of the cell phone case business. ?
Me either man.

I just ordered the OD green magpul replica. Prime isn’t to prime with these holidays. My bellroy wallet was delivered today which was ordered 12/26 with prime shipping. My clone magpul won’t be delivered until Friday. ?

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Me either man.

I just ordered the OD green magpul replica. Prime isn’t to prime with these holidays. My bellroy wallet was delivered today which was ordered 12/26 with prime shipping. My clone magpul won’t be delivered until Friday.

Yea, 2 day prime delivery is more like 5-6 day prime delivery lately. This just might be my new favorite case who needs a $50-$60 case when stuff like this is out there.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Last edited:

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
I believe it's the same exact case just worded different. This case can be had for as little as $5.99 on eBay if you want to wait for it to ship from China. Wonder if these is any difference in quality?

Did I mention no fingerprints with this case?

Yeah it's weird it kinda looks the same, minus the "thin" and "rubber" statements lol. I may bite, but am tempted with the Phone Rebel case as well.

EDIT: Just ordered lol. Won't be here until Friday though.

Last edited:
Reactions: nrvous1

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Yeah it's weird it kinda looks the same, minus the "thin" and "rubber" statements lol. I may bite, but am tempted with the Phone Rebel case as well.

EDIT: Just ordered lol. Won't be here until Friday though.
I’m pretty sure I’m going to wait for a few reviews before I order the rebel case. I’m soooo tempted to order it on the 2nd.

desktop

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2018
Michigan
I wanted a clear case for my Xs Max so I got one made by TOZO. Very nice case with just enough rigidity to keep it safe from minor mishaps.

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma

You going to order?

Do they sail a over priced car mount? See they advertise their magnets in it but? Does their magnet arrangement affect Apple Pay or NFC etc?

Probably will let you all try first lol. Narrow would be nice; big drawback of the Mous case and Symmetry admittedly but

Reactions: VaderRulez

drewaz

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2012
Phoenix
I initially had an Midnight blue Apple leather case but it was so slippery I almost dropped my phone several times. I switched to a blue Mujjo leather case .... much better.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Found those generic MagPul cases on Amazon for $7.90 with free prime shipping.

Just wonder if they are the same quality as the $12.99 ones I got? I bet they are.

Just ordered the gray one to compare and it will be here on Friday.

Ctg44

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2012
I purchased the Bellroy 3 card case. It looks great, but 100% not worth the $80(!) I paid for it. Biggest gripe is that there are cutouts for the volume buttons, so the case doesn’t sit flush with the left side of the phone. There is a little gap basically down the whole side of the phone. Definitely returning this

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
I purchased the Bellroy 3 card case. It looks great, but 100% not worth the $80(!) I paid for it. Biggest gripe is that there are cutouts for the volume buttons, so the case doesn’t sit flush with the left side of the phone. There is a little gap basically down the whole side of the phone. Definitely returning this
I like bellroy’s products. I’m currently using their zip card holder and it’s just what I needed in a small wallet.

I do want to try their cases though. They seem to be designed exactly like nomads cases so I’m wondering how it compares.

As far as the gap goes, I’d contact bellroy and have them warranty the case. For $80 it should fit perfect.
[automerge]1577805990[/automerge]
Found those generic MagPul cases on Amazon for $7.90 with free prime shipping.

Just wonder if they are the same quality as the $12.99 ones I got? I bet they are.

Just ordered the gray one to compare and it will be here on Friday.

You’re killing me smalls!!! It looks like the exact same case.

Ctg44

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2012
I like bellroy’s products. I’m currently using their zip card holder and it’s just what I needed in a small wallet.

I do want to try their cases though. They seem to be designed exactly like nomads cases so I’m wondering how it compares.

As far as the gap goes, I’d contact bellroy and have them warranty the case. For $80 it should fit perfect.
[automerge]1577805990[/automerge]

You’re killing me smalls!!! It looks like the exact same case.
Yeah that’s what I was thinking - for $80 it should fit perfect. I got it through amazon and just spoke with them and they are sending a replacement. So we’ll see if the new one fits better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.