Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
I like bellroy’s products. I’m currently using their zip card holder and it’s just what I needed in a small wallet.

I do want to try their cases though. They seem to be designed exactly like nomads cases so I’m wondering how it compares.

Great wallets have had a few, last iPhone case i had was sharp where the leather meets the TPU on sides, also cracked on the corner from taking it on/off, they did warrant it. Was awhile ago maybe IP7/8 so may be better now.
Nomad are better imo.

Reactions: nrvous1

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Another excellent $12.99 case is this Ciel by Cyrill (Made by Spigen). Same exact case as the Mkoawa that I showed a few pages back in this thread. This one however is of better quality than the Mkoawa. Has a little branding on the sides but it's hardly noticeable. Also comes in a plastic pouch with extra black buttons. Just an overall fantastic case. Here are some pics:

cc01.jpg
cc02.jpg
cc03.jpg
cc04.jpg
cc05.jpg
cc06.jpg
cc07.jpg
cc08.jpg
cc09.jpg
cc10.jpg

[automerge]1577835454[/automerge]
Pic of the packaging:

cc11.jpg

eddiezus

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2019
Puffer case came in today (along with a tempered glass lens protector) from CaseMate and tbh both are ****. They both look used and the Puffer “says” it has 10 foot drop protection but it doesn’t. No lip for the screen either.

Sent them a very angry email, might just ship both back tbh. Just might stick with my Speck and DBrand Grip case.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
@bobsamm how long has your wife used the nomad folio case and how long before it developed noticeable patina or wear? I can’t recall. I’m switching, again, to the nomad case for New Year’s Eve since I’ll be outdoors tonight.

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
Man, I love the generic MagPul

It's that good huh? Mine will be here on Friday. Back to the Evutec for me the past few days lol.
[automerge]1577842377[/automerge]
Another excellent $12.99 case is this Ciel by Cyrill (Made by Spigen). Same exact case as the Mkoawa that I showed a few pages back in this thread. This one however is of better quality than the Mkoawa. Has a little branding on the sides but it's hardly noticeable. Also comes in a plastic pouch with extra black buttons. Just an overall fantastic case. Here are some pics:

View attachment 885938 View attachment 885939 View attachment 885940 View attachment 885941 View attachment 885942 View attachment 885943 View attachment 885944 View attachment 885945 View attachment 885946 View attachment 885947
[automerge]1577835454[/automerge]
Pic of the packaging:

View attachment 885948

Looks dope to be honest. Stop making me buy cases lol.

Tdosthp

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
I’m about to call amazon and give them a piece of my mind on this delayed “prime” shipping. ?

Heh, 1st world problems.

I’ve dealt with their CS a few times and will admit they’ve “taken care of me” without ANY fuss so I wouldn’t expect any less of them for you

I know you are joking, but be careful! Dunno how much truth there is to it, but apparently Amazon is getting pretty “free” with cancelling accounts from people that make too many returns and/or complain a lot. ?‍♂️

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
@bobsamm how long has your wife used the nomad folio case and how long before it developed noticeable patina or wear? I can’t recall. I’m switching, again, to the nomad case for New Year’s Eve since I’ll be outdoors tonight.

About 8 months now, the leather does mark easy, the back is darker than the front cover too.
[automerge]1577843003[/automerge]
I know you are joking, but be careful! Dunno how much truth there is to it, but apparently Amazon is getting pretty “free” with cancelling accounts from people that make too many returns and/or complain a lot. ?‍♂️

Have heard the same, and last time i complained about something about a month ago was told bad luck, and even quoted the amount of $$ i have had in return since i joined.

Reactions: AE14

Tdosthp

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
About 8 months now, the leather does mark easy, the back is darker than the front cover too.

Have heard the same, and last time i complained about something about a month ago was told bad luck, and even quoted the amount of $$ i have had in return since i joined.

Wow! Sorry to hear that, but glad to have a level of verification from a trusted source.

I complained today about an order guaranteed for delivery today and without notice moved to Friday. Was reimbursed more than usual for some reason.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
I’ve complained at least twice this past month due to my orders being delivered to someone else’s home. They sent replacement items and changed it from prime 2 day to next day shipping. I’ve been worried about that too since I’ve heard they will cancel accounts if there are to many complaints.
[automerge]1577843651[/automerge]

That sucks man. And thanks for the info on the nomad case. I’ll try to keep using it for a few days.
[automerge]1577843700[/automerge]
It's that good huh? Mine will be here on Friday. Back to the Evutec for me the past few days lol.
[automerge]1577842377[/automerge]

Looks dope to be honest. Stop making me buy cases lol.
Same here man. My MagPul replica comes in on Friday.

Steel City Kirk

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2019
Treasure Coast, Florida
I’ve complained at least twice this past month due to my orders being delivered to someone else’s home. They sent replacement items and changed it from prime 2 day to next day shipping. I’ve been worried about that too since I’ve heard they will cancel accounts if there are to many complaints.

That sucks man. And thanks for the info on the nomad case. I’ll try to keep using it for a few days.

Steel City Kirk

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2019
Treasure Coast, Florida
I have the screen protector from Apple expensive but worth it to me. First case Meifigno Magic series IPhone 11 $16. from Amazon.Fall protection is 6 feet. Case fits phone perfectly, buttons work they should. Second case DEFENSE/ SHILD for iPhone 11. 10’ Drop tested (3 meters) military tested. Doria International Inc. Between $25. & $20. depends if on sale. This is the one I’m using now. Fits like a glove.

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019

My MagPul replica comes in on Friday as well!

Happy New Year all!

Reactions: AE14 and blaine07

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
Well looks like the pre-order for Phone Rebel moved out from tomorrow to Feb 20th. No idea what is up though.

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
I’d almost decided to take a leap of faith on one. Oh well

Lol I know right. Yeah I may just keep what I have. I have too many as it is lol. I don't know if I will upgrade in the fall though, so we shall see.

EDIT: Ok who wants to buy this for me? :oops:

Last edited:
Reactions: Mel8899 and nrvous1
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.