Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DonnyXMX

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2012
Garden State
Welp.. honeymoon phase is over with the red leather case. I mean, who would turn their back on this ugly bastard of a case (saddle brown)? Lol.. I’ll be returning the red leather maybe tomorrow. This is 14 days in on the saddle brown. New case pictured on the left and 14 days in on the right.

It’s suppose to look like that after use. It give you case it’s own look. All brown leather gets like that after a bit, it gives it character.

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
Yes, like the Contour cases. They are mushy and have some travel before actually making contact with the buttons of the phone. (Dbrand Grip Case)

If that mushy then mine does that as well lol. Not a show stopper for me. I like this case overall but it's not my favorite.

Reactions: nrvous1

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
Welp.. honeymoon phase is over with the red leather case. I mean, who would turn their back on this ugly bastard of a case (saddle brown)? Lol.. I’ll be returning the red leather maybe tomorrow. This is 14 days in on the saddle brown. New case pictured on the left and 14 days in on the right.

Is the brown still slippery?

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
I'm not sold on the whole apple leather patina look, looks like grime to me, not like real leather cases like nomad.
Still waiting for nomad to rework their buttons. I’d be rocking that case still if the buttons were like the symmetry’s. As of now, it’s just sitting in the glove box of my car. ? maybe, mayyyyybe I’ll try it out again.

Edit: Ok, back in the nomad rugged case for a couple of days hopefully. Feels much better and protected compared to the apple saddle brown case. Plus, it’s been in my glove box for maybe a month now and it still smells like fresh leather. The buttons are still trash though.

Last edited:

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
One thing I did notice using the nomad case is that the back is wavy. It has low spots in the leather in 3 distinct spots almost like the leather was stretched to thin at those 3 points. The “streaks” run from right under the camera cutout to the bottom of the case. If I run my fingers over the back of the case I can feel the ripples in the leather. And at the top right hand corner there’s a dent. It doesn’t seem to mess with the integrity of the case at all or the leather. Just weird that I noticed this now.

Edit: Couldn’t do it, back in the apple saddle brown case.

Last edited:

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
What case would you use for a wedding, father of the groom dressed formal lol, all i have is the Black OB Symmetry.

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
Anyone plan on ordering a Phone Rebel case?
[automerge]1577715822[/automerge]
I try to avoid all weddings at all costs. :oops:

LMFAO.

As for cases for a wedding? Apple leather but you sent yours back. :(

Have you or anyone here ever tried a Bullguard leather case?

Reactions: bobsamm

spazko

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2019
If you guys had to choose between Otterbox symmetry and the speck presidio grip, which one would it be and why? I was interested in mous but not after viewing all the comments on the line.

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
If you guys had to choose between Otterbox symmetry and the speck presidio grip, which one would it be and why? I was interested in mous but not after viewing all the comments on the line.

Whichever is cheaper at your retailer of choice. Both solid cases. The grip on Speck is nice, almost “too much” as it often inverts my work pocket lining lol. Can’t go wrong with either though. Both have excellent protection, face down and button feedback with ample cutouts for charger and mute rocker.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Generic MagPul field cases in today and these might be my new favorite case (of the day). Fantastic Grip, fit, feel, correct port cutouts and the buttons are just perfect. The real MagPul field cases are a little more robust and a tad better quality but not by much. The only original MagPul case I had laying around was from the Galaxy S7 so I took a couple pics side by side with the generic one. Got the black, green and just ordered the light clay color also. The brand I ordered was Labilus $12.99 on Amazon. They also came with a free USB/LED light in the package. Here are some pics.

mp01.jpg
mp02.jpg
mp03.jpg
mp04.jpg
mp05.jpg
mp06.jpg
mp07.jpg
mp08.jpg
mp09.jpg
mp10.jpg

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Generic MagPul field cases in today and these might be my new favorite case (of the day). Fantastic Grip, fit, feel, correct port cutouts and the buttons are just perfect. The real MagPul field cases are a little more robust and a tad better quality but not by much. The only original MagPul case I had laying around was from the Galaxy S7 so I took a couple pics side by side with the generic one. Got the black, green and just ordered the light clay color also. The brand I ordered was Labilus $12.99 on Amazon. They also came with a free USB/LED light in the package. Here are some pics.

View attachment 885666 View attachment 885667 View attachment 885668 View attachment 885669 View attachment 885670 View attachment 885671 View attachment 885672 View attachment 885673 View attachment 885674 View attachment 885675
Where did you get these at!???? I’ve been wanting one of these forever. To match my actual magpuls.

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019

View attachment 885666 View attachment 885667 View attachment 885668 View attachment 885669 View attachment 885670 View attachment 885671 View attachment 885672 View attachment 885673 View attachment 885674 View attachment 885675

Those actually look pretty good. How are the buttons compared to an OB or Speck? I never owned a Magpul so have nothing to go on. Thanks!

Did you get the thin one or the Thick Solid Armor Tactical ones?

[automerge]1577736793[/automerge]
Where did you get these at!???? I’ve been wanting one of these forever. To match my actual magpuls.

He mentioned that they are on Amazon, under the name Labilus.

Reactions: nrvous1

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Those actually look pretty good. How are the buttons compared to an OB or Speck? I never owned a Magpul so have nothing to go on. Thanks!
[automerge]1577736793[/automerge]

He mentioned that they are on Amazon, under the name Labilus.
Damn, thanks man I just skimmed over his post and didn’t even pay attention. As my father would say, “if it was a snake it would’ve bitten ya.”

Reactions: VaderRulez
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.