Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Go for it! I love the way it looks, totally different then any case I’ve ever had.
It is very different. I’m itching though!!! Wanting to switch back to my leather case and I have no idea why. The rat rod checks off all the markers for a great case. Good protection, decent grip, not to bulky, hugs the heck out of the phone, not a fingerprint magnet or a grease ball, insane buttons, asymmetrical cutouts and a decent lip. So why do I keep wanting to slap the leather case back on? At this point I think it’s my own mental block?

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
It is very different. I’m itching though!!! Wanting to switch back to my leather case and I have no idea why. The rat rod checks off all the markers for a great case. Good protection, decent grip, not to bulky, hugs the heck out of the phone, not a fingerprint magnet or a grease ball, insane buttons, asymmetrical cutouts and a decent lip. So why do I keep wanting to slap the leather case back on? At this point I think it’s my own mental block?

I haven't even tasted the leather yet for this phone. ? The open bottom puts me off.

DonnyXMX

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2012
Garden State

It’s just fun to change cases! Like a new look and feel from case to case. I change case back and forth all the time, just get bored with the same case day after day plus I’m disabled and in bed a lot from cancer so what else can I do.

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
Reactions: DonnyXMX

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
I figured out why I drop my phone so many times while using the defender. Besides testing out the drop protection, it gets stuck in any of the pockets on my pants or jacket. When taking it out I usually end up losing my grip on it and it drops from about waist height, but it’s all good. No damage to the phone and the case is still looking good. Now, I’m just really careful and patient when taking my phone out of my front pocket.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Can you do a couple drop test and report back?
Which case? I’ve dropped my phone before in the Apple leather case (bum piss case) and threw that one away. The phone survived in that one. It’s also survived several drops in the defender pro. Drop it if/when I get the folio case? I wonder if my dash cams have caught any of the drops outside in front of my house in my daily driver car. Lol....

Reactions: DonnyXMX
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.