Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

decisions

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2019
It’s always nice until you drop it without a case on.

I guess I'll learn my lesson if that happens. I'm careful with the phone, and I have AppleCare. However looking at drop tests it seems like the 11 Pro is pretty resistant to most regular drops. Of course I know that in reality those simple drop tests you see on YT don't really matter, since you may drop your phone and something that is even a tiny bit sharp and all of a sudden the pressure (?) of the collision makes the damage 10 times worse. Of course there are tons of other variables as well.

I ruined my SE by using it without a case for an extended period of time (sides of the phone dented easily, ports became filled with dust and stopped working), but if similar things don't happen to the 11 Pro, then I almost see going without a case as a way to utilize the improved durability of the phone, which contributed to the $999 price tag.

DonnyXMX

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2012
Garden State
I guess I'll learn my lesson if that happens. I'm careful with the phone, and I have AppleCare. However looking at drop tests it seems like the 11 Pro is pretty resistant to most regular drops. Of course I know that in reality those simple drop tests you see on YT don't really matter, since you may drop your phone and something that is even a tiny bit sharp and all of a sudden the pressure (?) of the collision makes the damage 10 times worse. Of course there are tons of other variables as well.

I ruined my SE by using it without a case for an extended period of time (sides of the phone dented easily, ports became filled with dust and stopped working), but if similar things don't happen to the 11 Pro, then I almost see going without a case as a way to utilize the improved durability of the phone, which contributed to the $999 price tag.

I’m disabled and home most of the day so at times I take off all cases and go naked. Just so slippery when you put in down on the bed. I do love the form and feeling of a naked phone just so dangerous as I have a IPad stand next to my bed with a metal base, so if it falls on the base it’s a goner, plus it’s fun to try out different cases. Different looks and feel.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Aaron did a review of the pela case which is also biodegradable and they seem very weak. The pela case tore after a couple of drops and the corner of the phone was exposed. I’m wondering if uag’s bio case will hold up to drops as well as their normal case line up. I guess it doesn’t matter as long as it protects the phone for at least one drop and then warranty it through uag.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Today marks one month that I’ve been using the Apple leather case. It’s not officially a month straight since I’ve used a case here and there for a few hours or a day. For the most part, it’s been a month. ? And probably the longest I’ve used a single phone for 4 months straight. I’m getting the itch to buy an 11 pro max though.

Reactions: VaderRulez

Tdosthp

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
Today marks one month that I’ve been using the Apple leather case. It’s not officially a month straight since I’ve used a case here and there for a few hours or a day. For the most part, it’s been a month. And probably the longest I’ve used a single phone for 4 months straight. I’m getting the itch to buy an 11 pro max though.

I keep going back to the leather too. Always bought them for previous phones, but they quickly ended up in a drawer. Not this time.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
I keep going back to the leather too. Always bought them for previous phones, but they quickly ended up in a drawer. Not this time.
Everyday it’s a struggle with all these damn cases. Lol. But Apple leather seems to be my go to case at the moment. My brother who is in no way a case junky and doesn’t own an iPhone complimented my case yesterday. He has a one plus 6t and only uses one case since he’s had it new. He sees my daily struggle with different cases and likes this one the most.

DonnyXMX

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2012
Garden State
Today marks one month that I’ve been using the Apple leather case. It’s not officially a month straight since I’ve used a case here and there for a few hours or a day. For the most part, it’s been a month. And probably the longest I’ve used a single phone for 4 months straight. I’m getting the itch to buy an 11 pro max though.

What phone do you have now? I’m back in the Defender this morning after using the Element Case Vapor S. Bumper case for a day.

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
Today marks one month that I’ve been using the Apple leather case. It’s not officially a month straight since I’ve used a case here and there for a few hours or a day. For the most part, it’s been a month. ? And probably the longest I’ve used a single phone for 4 months straight. I’m getting the itch to buy an 11 pro max though.

Funny you should post this as I went back to the Apple leather case today as well. :)

Reactions: nrvous1

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.