Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
@bobsamm, is the brown folio case for your xr used as a wallet or its never has cards in it? I’m thinking of getting rid of my bellroy zipper wallet and using the folio as my main wallet.

No she doesn't use it as a wallet, i tried mine with cards but didn't sit flat.

I sent Nomad my photos lol, at first they said they would give me refund even sent refund email, even said had other complaints about the button being stiff, then when they found out i bought it on ebay said no, even though i sent them photos of box and case when it was new. they said this:

Unfortunately, eBay is not an authorized seller of our products. I won't be able to do much in this case as this product cannot be accurately identified in the condition that Nomad would have sold it. It's simply our policy and can be read here:

Reactions: nrvous1

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Get out the sandpaper & Dremel tool :oops:
I might as well set it on fire and see what happens. Lol.
[automerge]1580866032[/automerge]
No she doesn't use it as a wallet, i tried mine with cards but didn't sit flat.

I sent Nomad my photos lol, at first they said they would give me refund even sent refund email, even said had other complaints about the button being stiff, then when they found out i bought it on ebay said no, even though i sent them photos of box and case when it was new. they said this:

Unfortunately, eBay is not an authorized seller of our products. I won't be able to do much in this case as this product cannot be accurately identified in the condition that Nomad would have sold it. It's simply our policy and can be read here:
Damn that’s to bad man. I’ll stick with my bellroy wallet for now. It’s tempting to use it as intended though.

DonnyXMX

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2012
Garden State
Damnit.. I like the phonerebel case, but do I really need another case? Lol

Same here. Once I get the Apple Leather Saddle Brown case today I’m gonna hold off on any Cases for awhile. Although that Phone rebel case does look promising. Every year I trade in my iPhone for the newest model though Sprints lease plan so I cannot get more then 6-9 months out of a case.

DonnyXMX

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2012
Garden State
Ok It has arrived and I’m very happy with it.
8d3592395cbe6e51d0f11be5ed7d8ab2.plist

PeytonT123

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2018
US
Totallee was having a promo (not sure if it’s over yet or not) on leather cases, I got the black one for my 11. I didn’t realize it is exactly like the Mujjo case, just with plastic buttons (the Mujjo case doesn’t have buttons built in). Love it!

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
Thinking of getting a UAG. How are the buttons though on the Monarch?

I have always liked them, was my favourite case for the 7/8, as Blaine said the square sides are good, buttons are good, some say the back gets greasy but i didn't find that, they did have saggy bottom problem from the IPX so havn't had one since.
I only had the leather back not the carbon.

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
Ok It has arrived and I’m very happy with it.
8d3592395cbe6e51d0f11be5ed7d8ab2.plist

Mine arrived, Man i have bad luck with these cases, see your one looks perfect to me, mine has a streak in the leather from the top right all way to bottom left and small mark on top. Looks worse in the flesh, i know it's leather but would be nice to get one with out the steaks at least. FFS apple.

Oh and its like a bar of soap, the black i had wasn't.

D1208245-5B16-4C6D-ABE9-BB1B9288E30C.jpeg

twx

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2017
Michigan, USA
Peel Strong Grip case = a worse version of the Presidio Pro.

It’s more rigid than a pure silicone case (has some type of microfiber inner lining that adds a little sturdiness).

Bottom is floppy also. Buttons are decent.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Mine arrived, Man i have bad luck with these cases, see your one looks perfect to me, mine has a streak in the leather from the top right all way to bottom left and small mark on top. Looks worse in the flesh, i know it's leather but would be nice to get one with out the steaks at least. FFS apple.

Oh and its like a bar of soap, the black i had wasn't.

View attachment 892744
That’s supposed to add the the unique features of the saddle brown cases. I’ve had 3 and all have different defects. I didn’t mind, but I know it does bother others. You can take it into an Apple store and they’ll swap it for free.

My black Apple leather case wasn’t slippery at all either. My saddle brown and red leather cases were, but after a couple of weeks it should subside. Or you can do what I did; rub the case down with a purell hand sanitizer wipe. That will immediately increase the grip since it strips the wax coating off of the case.

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
That’s supposed to add the the unique features of the saddle brown cases. I’ve had 3 and all have different defects. I didn’t mind, but I know it does bother others. You can take it into an Apple store and they’ll swap it for free.

My black Apple leather case wasn’t slippery at all either. My saddle brown and red leather cases were, but after a couple of weeks it should subside. Or you can do what I did; rub the case down with a purell hand sanitizer wipe. That will immediately increase the grip since it strips the wax coating off of the case.

Fair enough, guess it's pot luck, i went through through the patina thread after posting that and can see some have the streaks some don't, i am 5 hours drive from a Apple store. I gave them a ring and they are sending a replacement and said i could keep both, so will keep the best one and sell the other on ebay.

DonnyXMX

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2012
Garden State

I used Leather Honey and Wonder Balsam, it gave the case a beautiful feel and took away a lot of the slipperiness.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.