Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Fair enough, guess it's pot luck, i went through through the patina thread after posting that and can see some have the streaks some don't, i am 5 hours drive from a Apple store. I gave them a ring and they are sending a replacement and said i could keep both, so will keep the best one and sell the other on ebay.
Crap, sorry man I didn’t see that this was your post. I forgot you live really far from an Apple store. I feel your pain though in getting an item and it’s not as expected. I’m glad they’re sending you a replacement case man, hopefully this one is smooth and doesn’t have any wrinkles.
[automerge]1580954544[/automerge]
Only thing have is shoe leather cleaner, probably not a good idea?
Maybe? I’ve never tried leather cleaner before, but it’s made specifically for leather so I don’t think it would hurt any.

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
I have always liked them, was my favourite case for the 7/8, as Blaine said the square sides are good, buttons are good, some say the back gets greasy but i didn't find that, they did have saggy bottom problem from the IPX so havn't had one since.
I only had the leather back not the carbon.

Thanks man I totally forgot about the saggy bottom. I'm out on that one then lol.

Reactions: bobsamm

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
Anyone tried one of these?

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
Crap, sorry man I didn’t see that this was your post. I forgot you live really far from an Apple store. I feel your pain though in getting an item and it’s not as expected. I’m glad they’re sending you a replacement case man, hopefully this one is smooth and doesn’t have any wrinkles.
[automerge]1580954544[/automerge]

Maybe? I’ve never tried leather cleaner before, but it’s made specifically for leather so I don’t think it would hurt any.

All good its only a case, think i will just use this one going to get knocked around anyway and sell the replacement as new on ebay, probably wouldn't of worried if i had of searched the patina thread seems common.

Gave it a light rub with a eraser pad and then just water, seem a bit less slippery.

Still can't beat the OB Symmetry :)

Colour is crap though imo. Will never look like the Nomad.

19B0CD62-3B77-4892-9E73-0A2CB1544133.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: nrvous1

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
I keep thinking about trying a CellHelmet. Not sure... thoughts?

Sal09

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
I keep thinking about trying a CellHelmet. Not sure... thoughts?

I dont like it ?
[automerge]1580973817[/automerge]
Im back in old advesary i.e Mous Contour in Brown. I must admit this new batch is a perfect fit but buttons are still same.

Reactions: nrvous1

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
All good its only a case, think i will just use this one going to get knocked around anyway and sell the replacement as new on ebay, probably wouldn't of worried if i had of searched the patina thread seems common.

Gave it a light rub with a eraser pad and then just water, seem a bit less slippery.

View attachment 892810
I carry my Apple leather case with me in my backpack just in case I need to swap from the nomad folio. So far so good on the nomad. I almost initiated a return yesterday, but decided against it. I’ll give it a week and see what happens. I tried using it as an actual folio and ditching my wallet and I cannot get used to it. Only 3 cards makes the case so much more bulky and the flap stays half open with cards in it. So I’m back to my bellroy wallet and no cards in the case.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX

View attachment 892810
Is that the xr in the nomad?

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
I carry my Apple leather case with me in my backpack just in case I need to swap from the nomad folio. So far so good on the nomad. I almost initiated a return yesterday, but decided against it. I’ll give it a week and see what happens. I tried using it as an actual folio and ditching my wallet and I cannot get used to it. Only 3 cards makes the case so much more bulky and the flap stays half open with cards in it. So I’m back to my bellroy wallet and no cards in the case.

How are Bellroy cases overall?

spazko

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2019
After going back and forth between cases the ob symmetry and the speck presidio seem to be my favorite. The grip on the speck case is probably what has the OB beat in my opinion. Is anyone else using a speck presidio as a daily?

DonnyXMX

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2012
Garden State
I’m not sure about their cases. I’ve only used their wallets and they have always been great.

Have you ever tried Flip side wallets? I’ve had one for about a year and I love it. Yes it’s plastic but extremely durable and you can get your cards out extremely fast.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Have you ever tried Flip side wallets? I’ve had one for about a year and I love it. Yes it’s plastic but extremely durable and you can get your cards out extremely fast.

No I haven’t, but I have seen those features on chrispy things YouTube channel and they’re really nice.

Reactions: DonnyXMX

DonnyXMX

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2012
Garden State
Amazon has the Black Symmetry for $44.49 and with tax it was $47.44. On Otterbox website it was $50.95 and with free shipping and a 10% discount was $48.88. So I’d rather get it directly from Otterbox and yeah it takes a little more shipping time but it definitely authentic, why take a chance
72ca6b1c5b4057477b8bb561825439f1.jpg

sabesh

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2007
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
How’s the kickstand (quality, flimsy, overall usability, etc)?
Very stable, no wobble, well built.
[automerge]1581043661[/automerge]
I got the silver... Most impressive thing that I feel like it's very solid. Reduces my anxiety from a drop.
Yup, winner of CNET's drop tests at CES, 2 years running. I like it's look, feel and grip. It's light for such a protective case!

Reactions: VaderRulez
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.