Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Have a brand new Caudabe Sheath & Synthesis cases for the iPhone 11 Pro Max that I would sell for $30.00 shipped for the pair if anyone wants them.

Reactions: AE14 and nrvous1

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Met with a friend today and she’s had her iPhone X since launch day and used it without a case and now has a xr also without a case. Her X survived her abuse until about two weeks ago when it fell out of her purse and shattered the back of the phone. This is someone that does not baby phones which I think is amazing how far the durability of glass phones have come. I’ve contemplated going case less, but I do get into a lot of physical altercations. I’m not sure it’s a good idea. I still may give it a try. Just thought I’d share.

Reactions: VaderRulez

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
Met with a friend today and she’s had her iPhone X since launch day and used it without a case and now has a xr also without a case. Her X survived her abuse until about two weeks ago when it fell out of her purse and shattered the back of the phone. This is someone that does not baby phones which I think is amazing how far the durability of glass phones have come. I’ve contemplated going case less, but I do get into a lot of physical altercations. I’m not sure it’s a good idea. I still may give it a try. Just thought I’d share.

Wow that is crazy man. I'd like to do that myself but I dunno, afraid of a shatter lol. Physical altercations. Are you a police officer?

stefanooo

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2018
Tech21 Evo Check (black) has been my default goto-case for years. On Google Pixels, and now on iPhone 11.

But, somehow... it's a love/hate relationship. It's grippy but it's wide, greasy, the long-edge sides seem to go off. Buttons are great, interchangable colored buttons are great. Anti-bacterial stuff sounds great.

I've tried also on the '11:
* Mous Limitless 3.0 - bulky, very stiff, no grip whatsoever - just a boring very stiff case, bad buttons. Overhyped imho.
* Mous Clarity - bulky, sharp adges, less stiff as limitless and more grippy, doesn't feel as good as Tech21, bad buttons

Mous... I dunno. Overhyped I think. Especially after seeing the recent EverythingApplePro droptest video. But then the MobileReviewsEh dude is so in favour of them.

On previous phones I've tried:
* Gear4 transparant cases - very nice, but they yellow very quickly which looks gross.
* Rhinoshield Solid Suit- nice "fat" case, but sooo slippery.
* Otterbox Symmetry - a bit too fat for my liking

So, somehow I'm still looking for the perfect case - decent protection, fat but not bulky, grippy, great buttons.

Anything I can try which will fit the bill?
dbrand Grip (terrible buttons says MobileReviewsEh)? Has Rhinoshield improved the grippyness game in the meantime?

Last edited:

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2008
Tech21 Evo Check (black) has been my default goto-case for years. On Google Pixels, and now on iPhone 11.

But, somehow... it's a love/hate relationship. It's grippy but it's wide, greasy, the long-edge sides seem to go off. Buttons are great, interchangable colored buttons are great. Anti-bacterial stuff sounds great.

* Mous Limitless 3.0 - bulky, very stiff, no grip whatsoever - just a boring very stiff case, bad buttons. Overhyped imho.
* Mous Clarity - bulky, sharp adges, less stiff as limitless and more grippy, doesn't feel as good as Tech21, bad buttons

Mous... I dunno. Overhyped I think. Especially after seeing the recent EverythingApplePro droptest video. But then the MobileReviewsEh dude is so in favour of them.

* Gear4 transparant cases - very nice, but they yellow very quickly which looks gross.

So, somehow I'm still looking for the perfect case - decent protection, fat but not bulky, grippy, great buttons.

dbrand Grip (terrible buttons says MobileReviewsEh)? Has Rhinoshield improved the grippyness game in the meantime?

I wouldn't trust MobileReviewsEh anymore. After that Mous praise; it's just not a trusted reviewer to me anymore. How can one gloss over terrible buttons, fake peeling "leather", cheap feeling materials and end up calling it "perfect"??? etc? His expectations and likes are polar opposites with mine. He tends to like very tacky ugly bulky looking cases--yes I know looks are subjective but still.

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
What do you think. 3 x with Macadamia Oil and dried in the sun in-between.

D1E4AC9A-2EF5-486B-9A2F-396565CBEA86.jpeg
57C42B0E-5F95-4622-9489-BB6BAE97F96D_1_201_a.jpeg

Theoner1

macrumors regular
May 25, 2017

If you like minimalist? Caudabe Sheath cannot be beat. 6 ft drop test and excellent grip and feel. I got forest green to go with my green Pro max. So nice I even bought the gray when it was on sale.

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
So I got the UAG Monarch. Not bad. Decent grip tactile buttons. However, bottom and sides seem a bit saggy. Is this normal? My concern would be dropping the phone and it comes out of the case.

Thoughts?

Minger1

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2020
So I got the UAG Monarch. Not bad. Decent grip tactile buttons. However, bottom and sides seem a bit saggy. Is this normal? My concern would be dropping the phone and it comes out of the case.

Thoughts?

My sag is only at the bottom. In general, the edges of the Monarch are not as firm as the Plasma.

I wouldn’t be worried about the phone falling out of the case in a drop. The case is such a tank I feel like I would need to drive over it with a car to break my phone inside the case

Reactions: VaderRulez

Daniel Narciso

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2020
Why iPhone 11 only has 3 apple cases? Clear, black and white, while on the other hand 11 pro has so many more...

What is my solution? Any advise for getting more variety?

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
My sag is only at the bottom. In general, the edges of the Monarch are not as firm as the Plasma.

I wouldn’t be worried about the phone falling out of the case in a drop. The case is such a tank I feel like I would need to drive over it with a car to break my phone inside the case

I hear you. It is noticeable when pulling on the sides and bottom of the case. It is not terrible, just not as tight fitting as other cases. The case feels really good in the hand, and I feel it would protect from drops.

I will continue to rock it for a bit to see if she is a keeper or not. So the Plasma is tighter fitting?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.