Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twx

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2017
Michigan, USA
I received a new replacement Speck Stay Clear case for my iPhone 11 Pro today. This one fits perfect. Buttons are very responsive and not stiff at all. Definitely like this case. Somewhat slick, but looks great and offers great protection. Will be keeping this one on as my daily for the foreseeable future, or until I press the 'order' button on another ;)

stefanooo

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2018
If you like minimalist? Caudabe Sheath cannot be beat. 6 ft drop test and excellent grip and feel. I got forest green to go with my green Pro max. So nice I even bought the gray when it was on sale.

Nice case, but 0.9mm thickness... hmmm not sure how that will compare to a Tech21 Evo Check or Otterbox Symmetry if it does happen to drop?

Does it offer screen protection by means of raised edges?

Minger1

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2020
I hear you. It is noticeable when pulling on the sides and bottom of the case. It is not terrible, just not as tight fitting as other cases. The case feels really good in the hand, and I feel it would protect from drops.

I will continue to rock it for a bit to see if she is a keeper or not. So the Plasma is tighter fitting?

It feels like it has a tighter fit due to the tpu sides being slightly more rigid. On the whole I prefer the Monarch though.

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
From MacAddict? Will probably arrive before my forest green from Caudabe.

Got the old out of stock ebay message :( Canceled it won't have stock for 2 weeks so you will get your's first.

Anyone tried the Griffin Survivor Endurance?
[automerge]1581372245[/automerge]
I will continue to rock it for a bit to see if she is a keeper or not. So the Plasma is tighter fitting?

The plasma can get a bit slimy and will scratch on the back, I'd stick with the Monarch. Is the lip a monster on the new ones this year i read somewhere?

I got a bit turned off UAG cause of the horns top and bottom make the case longer and they don't fit in my car holder. I could go a black Monarch though lol :)

Reactions: VaderRulez

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Have the carbon and the blacked out Monarch cases. Both are fine with no saggy bottoms but what kills the Monarch for me are the fingerprints/smudges that flat black finish picks up. I'll be wiping that crap 20 times a day. Don't like it at all.

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
Have the carbon and the blacked out Monarch cases. Both are fine with no saggy bottoms but what kills the Monarch for me are the fingerprints/smudges that flat black finish picks up. I'll be wiping that crap 20 times a day. Don't like it at all.

Have not noticed the fingerprints yet but it so, she will go back lol. Nice to see you posting again.

Minger1

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2020
Got the old out of stock ebay message :( Canceled it won't have stock for 2 weeks so you will get your's first.

Anyone tried the Griffin Survivor Endurance?
[automerge]1581372245[/automerge]

The plasma can get a bit slimy and will scratch on the back, I'd stick with the Monarch. Is the lip a monster on the new ones this year i read somewhere?

I got a bit turned off UAG cause of the horns top and bottom make the case longer and they don't fit in my car holder. I could go a black Monarch though lol :)

The scratches and sliminess of the Plasma are why I prefer the Monarch. Lol, the only reason I don’t rock the Monarch everyday is because it doesnt fit in my car holder either!

Minger1

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2020
It will be as slippery as a bar of soap, sorry to say.

Yep fully expecting that given the handling of the plasma. I’m hoping it doesn’t have sliminess or fingerprinting.

If you are buying within Aus you should check out Syntricate. I always buy from them. Free express post shipping. They will ship same day if order is placed before midday.

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
Yep fully expecting that given the handling of the plasma. I’m hoping it doesn’t have sliminess or fingerprinting.

If you are buying within Aus you should check out Syntricate. I always buy from them. Free express post shipping. They will ship same day if order is placed before midday.

Yes have bought from them, they blocked me on eBay though as i did a return, so i wouldn't buy from them again. Was actually a plasma with scratches out of box.
They are slimy as, any further comment will make me sound racist.

Plasma has better side grip than the pathfinder.

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
Family problems and insane property taxes have cut into my case buying fun. ?
I'm still alive, just barely.

Sorry to hear that man. :(

I have eased off on cases for a bit with the exception of the UAG I got yesterday. I hear you on barely alive though lol.

Reactions: bobsamm

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
Your assessment go through the roof? I have several rental properties and I like reading about value across the country as well as possible purchasing options out of state. Another hobby of mine.

So did i till the last one got trashed lol. Flogged it off, lucky it went up in the 14 years i had it.
[automerge]1581393347[/automerge]
I hear you. But so far so good with mine.

I never had a problem either.

devinh

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Nice case, but 0.9mm thickness... hmmm not sure how that will compare to a Tech21 Evo Check or Otterbox Symmetry if it does happen to drop?

Does it offer screen protection by means of raised edges?
I just got the Caudabe Sheath for my IP 11 Pro. Initially, I thought it was a little too thin, fair grip and I really had to stare to see the raised lip on the front. After about a week or so, the grip is a bit better and thankfully I haven’t dropped my phone as I’m not 100% convinced of the protection factor.

DonnyXMX

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2012
Garden State
My hands are sparkling clean, wash them about 10 times a day. Still notice the smudges on the back and that drives me nutts.

I totally understand, not signaling you out personally just like I said we all have different degrees of oils on our hands and body. I’m not doubting you because I myself is also go crazy at times with the smudges and fingerprints on my cases.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.