Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
We both don’t man, but Samsung preorder is making it a sweet deal with an eligible trade in. ?

If someone buys me this I will skip the Samsung preorder lol.

Reactions: Mel8899 and nrvous1

Mel8899

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2017

Is it made of gold lol??

Reactions: VaderRulez

Username999

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2020
I don’t have the new phone but I won’t buy anything other than a Mous case these days. That’s Mous without the E. Check the tests.

I’ve had Otterbox cases which were decent but what I like about Mous cases is they’re so slimline yet they can handle such a beating. Feel much better in the hand.

Reactions: sabesh

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
I’ll let others comment on that lol. ^^
[automerge]1581666241[/automerge]
If you guys are up not doing anything im about to live stream on amazon to talk the best cases for the iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Nice job man, I watched the thin cases, leather and the mid sized cases, the 2 that peaked my interest was the clear OB Symmetry as I have a black one, and your take on the Nomad Active if only they could improve those damn buttons.
I couldn’t comment for some reason maybe as I’m down under and it was Amazon US.

stefanooo

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2018
I don’t have the new phone but I won’t buy anything other than a Mous case these days. That’s Mous without the E. Check the tests.

I’ve had Otterbox cases which were decent but what I like about Mous cases is they’re so slimline yet they can handle such a beating. Feel much better in the hand.

Mous, I've fooled myself falling for their marketing hype TWICE.

The Limitless is a nightmare to handle. Complete outside is hard and slippery, straight edges. Terrible.
The Clarity is better as it is less slippery, but it has even sharper edges, like the sharp hard lip to prevent scratches on the backpanel.

And regarding protection, I'm not saying the test is perfect, a 15ft drop is also not representing average drop levels, but it is quite funny that al brands which are most hyped are performing worst:

Otterbox Symmetry has my preference over any Mous. If only the back of the Symmetry wasn't so hard/slippery... Who comes up with the idea to make a phonecase with a slippery back? I don't get it.

DonnyXMX

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2012
Garden State

The Limitless is a nightmare to handle. Complete outside is hard and slippery, straight edges. Terrible.
The Clarity is better as it is less slippery, but it has even sharper edges, like the sharp hard lip to prevent scratches on the backpanel.

And regarding protection, I'm not saying the test is perfect, a 15ft drop is also not representing average drop levels, but it is quite funny that al brands which are most hyped are performing worst:

Otterbox Symmetry has my preference over any Mous. If only the back of the Symmetry wasn't so hard/slippery... Who comes up with the idea to make a phonecase with a slippery back? I don't get it.

It would be nice if the back of the Symmetry was rubbery like the Defender Pro. That would be just perfect.

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019

The back of the OB symmetry doesn’t worry me at all as the sides have grip, I like it smooth and have never even felt like dropping it once, have been using it a few months.
I have the pro though not the max maybe that makes a difference being smaller.

The other benefit of the back is it doesn’t mark or scratch, looks as new as the day I got it.
Yuk to a rubber back.

Reactions: nrvous1

sabesh

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2007
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

Yeah, I like my Mous cases too! I've pretty much given up on Otterbox Symmetry, UAG Plasma and UAG Monarch cases as they now have loose / weak bottom lips - I have no confidence that they can drop protect my phone if dropped on that spot.

These are slightly bulkier than Mous, but have better grip and feel:
Speck Presidio Grip/Pro
Gear4 Battersea

My favourite extreme protection case is the Zizo Bolt.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Just wait a few months they will be at least 30% off.

More like a few weeks before the Samsung prices tank. ?
[automerge]1581689504[/automerge]
If you guys are up not doing anything im about to live stream on amazon to talk the best cases for the iPhone 11 Pro Max.

That Amazon Live is "Crispy" blows YT away.

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas

move up to the Pro Max and buy mine lol

Reactions: VaderRulez

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
More like a few weeks before the Samsung prices tank. ?
[automerge]1581689504[/automerge]

That Amazon Live is "Crispy" blows YT away.

Thanks for tuning in man, Had a little troubles here and there but It will be better next time for sure.
[automerge]1581693809[/automerge]
I’ll let others comment on that lol. ^^
[automerge]1581666241[/automerge]

Nice job man, I watched the thin cases, leather and the mid sized cases, the 2 that peaked my interest was the clear OB Symmetry as I have a black one, and your take on the Nomad Active if only they could improve those damn buttons.
I couldn’t comment for some reason maybe as I’m down under and it was Amazon US.

Thanks for tuning in for sure man, I really appreciate it. Yeah the comment portion of the live is a little iffy for sure.

Agenesis

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2012
Are there any cases similar to the Ringke slim? I have no idea why they discontinued the lineup. It's the absolute perfect case design being thin and offering reasonable protection. I've used it for all of my previous phones and none were broken, especially when combined with tampered glass.

unnamed.jpg

c.jpg

Tdosthp

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
Are there any cases similar to the Ringke slim? I have no idea why they discontinued the lineup. It's the absolute perfect case design being thin and offering reasonable protection. I've used it for all of my previous phones and none were broken, especially when combined with tampered glass.

View attachment 894200
View attachment 894201

Not familiar with the Ringke Slim, but what about the Ringke Air? Is it comparable?

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
That’s extreme (first photo) and will never happen during normal use in my experience. I have been using a Nomad Rugged for 2 years now and it has no scratches on it. I am careful with my stuff, but whenever a scratch ‘happens’, the leather ‘fixes’ itself within a few days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.