Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
That’s extreme (first photo) and will never happen during normal use in my experience. I have been using a Nomad Rugged for 2 years now and it has no scratches on it. I am careful with my stuff, but whenever a scratch ‘happens’, the leather ‘fixes’ itself within a few days.

let’s see a photo?

Reactions: VaderRulez

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
For the people who asked for it... Here are some pictures of our Nomad Rugged cases for the iPhone X. The darker one is mine and the slightly lighter one is my dad’s case. I have been using mine since the release of the X and my dad is using his for a little over a year now (and uses it phone less than me). Feel free to ask any questions.

Yeah you have kept that clean, few marks/scratches. I am thinking of giving the Black Active a go. If you had a handbag this is how your's would look ;)

87FD9C2C-C283-40CB-80E1-0EACB811ED30.jpeg

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
Reactions: AE14

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Anyone got anything good or bad to say about the Nomad Active case?
You asked and man, how about this timing.

Edit: Well, I watched the entire video and it didn’t give much info as far as a full review that we’re used to seeing from Aaron. But, I’m guessing he only reserves his “full reviews” for the Mous lineup. ? We’ll have to wait and see what his top ten leather case review video brings.

Last edited:

Agenesis

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2012
Man Nomads Leather scratches easy, light finger nail scratches first photo screwdriver second photo.

View attachment 894218
[automerge]1581736424[/automerge]
Leather is a descent thickness lol.

Jesus man you paid for it but I can't help but feel bad on how you're treating it. Nomad uses Horween leather, the same leather used on $800 Luxury Viberg boots. Their lower end cuts are also used in boots such as Wolverine and similar. It's very high quality leather and I'm willing to bet leagues ahead on what Apple uses on their leather cases. The only thing more luxurious without going exotic is shell cordovan. (Literally horse ass leather)

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Jesus man you paid for it but I can't help but feel bad on how you're treating it. Nomad uses Horween leather, the same leather used on $800 Luxury Viberg boots. Their lower end cuts are also used in boots such as Wolverine and similar. It's very high quality leather and I'm willing to bet leagues ahead on what Apple uses on their leather cases. The only thing more luxurious without going exotic is shell cordovan. (Literally horse ass leather)
My nomad rugged folio case is really starting to grow on me. I think I’ve had it for a couple of weeks now. It’s barely showing signs of wear, but I’m hoping it will start showing signs of more wear in the near future.

Agenesis

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2012
My nomad rugged folio case is really starting to grow on me. I think I’ve had it for a couple of weeks now. It’s barely showing signs of wear, but I’m hoping it will start showing signs of more wear in the near future.
It's going to wear beautifully like below if you treat it right. No cooking oils like what the guys on that Apple leather case thread is doing (wtf? lol) Also no silicone cleaners. Water and very rarely soap is enough.

DSCF5410.jpg

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
It's going to wear beautifully like below if you treat it right. No cooking oils like what the guys on that Apple leather case thread is doing (wtf? lol) Also no silicone cleaners. Water and very rarely soap is enough.

View attachment 894644
I’m leaving this case alone and using it as I normally would. The only leather conditioner/balm I have is Smith’s organic leather balm, but I’ll be hesitant to even use that. I think the natural oils from my hands will help the case age as it should. Any pointers? Should I try and preserve the leather or just leave it be like I intend too?

Reactions: VaderRulez

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019

If you go back a few pages you see, i had already ruined it by cutting the buttons out as that was my main problem, was just having a bit of fun with what was left of it :)

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
I’m leaving this case alone and using it as I normally would. The only leather conditioner/balm I have is Smith’s organic leather balm, but I’ll be hesitant to even use that. I think the natural oils from my hands will help the case age as it should. Any pointers? Should I try and preserve the leather or just leave it be like I intend too?

I hear Bum Urine works wonders :oops:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.