Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Reactions: sabesh

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
No, but I might swing over to Best Buy later and check out the displays. :oops:

Your choice but that would be nuts imo, here you would take a near $500 - $600AUD hit/loss on selling a pro max 256gb now, and the S20 Ultra 128gb is $2k lol.

Plus the case merry go round again and the losses on the cases you have for the max.

I'd wait 3 months the loss on the max wouldn't be much more and the S20 will drop.

Ludicrous Samsung can think they can get away with a phone worth $2k plus when their eco system is crap and their after sales service horrendous.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Your choice but that would be nuts imo, here you would take a near $500 - $600AUD hit/loss on selling a pro max 256gb now, and the S20 Ultra 128gb is $2k lol.

Plus the case merry go round again and the losses on the cases you have for the max.

I'd wait 3 months the loss on the max wouldn't be much more and the S20 will drop.

Ludicrous Samsung can think they can get away with a phone worth $2k plus when their eco system is crap and their after sales service horrendous.

Have a 512GB iPhone. Here in US 512GB S20 Ultra is $1,599 which is insane.

I’m holding off for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: AE14

muddychicken

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2019
I myself was tempted at a trade in for my iPhone 11 Pro but man like still $699 plus sales tax left after a trade made me do a double check

Reactions: nrvous1

sabesh

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2007
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Have a 512GB iPhone. Here in US 512GB S20 Ultra is $1,599 which is insane.

I’m holding off for now.

It's about the same price as the 512GB iPhone Pro Max. So, I think both phone's prices are insane. It is what it is, these days.

I'm running with iPhone 11 Pro Max and Galaxy S10+ right now. Will replace the S10+ with S20 Ultra. I've been skipping the Note series, as it's CPU is only current for about 5 months, and I have no need for the stylus.

Reactions: AE14

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
I guess I’ll hold off on the ultra. I have to agree flagship phone prices are insane so I’ll just dump money into my other hobby. I’ve had the surron lb-x in the cart for a while now. Maybe I’ll order it within the next week to keep my occupied for a few months until Apple releases something new.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
I guess I’ll hold off on the ultra. I have to agree flagship phone prices are insane so I’ll just dump money into my other hobby. I’ve had the surron lb-x in the cart for a while now. Maybe I’ll order it within the next week to keep my occupied for a few months until Apple releases something new.

Can you order one for me also? I surely can't afford that.
I'll even settle for the Super 73.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
If we order two through Jack Cecil at hplogic we’ll get them down by a few hundred more. I think an order of two or more will drop the price down to sub $3k shipped.

I'm too poor, can't afford it. :(

Did you actually look at the S20 Ultra in Best Buy? Good, No Good, what u think?

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
Got this in on Thursday. Nice. Not as grippy as my black one out of the box, but in time it should be cool.

IMG-0840.jpg IMG-0841.jpg
Been rocking the Ballistik Tough Jacket since yesterday since I have been out and about this weekend. Anyone know of something similar with good buttons?

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
I'm too poor, can't afford it. :(

Did you actually look at the S20 Ultra in Best Buy? Good, No Good, what u think?
Lies!

No, I didn’t get a chance to handle the ultra at Best Buy which is a shame because I really did want to see if I would like the aspect ration of the phone. Slimmer and taller, but a 6.9” screen on a daily driver might get uncomfortable really fast after a month of use.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Lies!

No, I didn’t get a chance to handle the ultra at Best Buy which is a shame because I really did want to see if I would like the aspect ration of the phone. Slimmer and taller, but a 6.9” screen on a daily driver might get uncomfortable really fast after a month of use.

Going to try and get over there tomorrow and fondle one. :rolleyes:

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
Got this in on Thursday. Nice. Not as grippy as my black one out of the box, but in time it should be cool.

View attachment 895735 View attachment 895736
Been rocking the Ballistik Tough Jacket since yesterday since I have been out and about this weekend. Anyone know of something similar with good buttons?

Looks a nice leather back, i can never get one like that, so ballistic buttons are crap?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.