Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tdosthp

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
I have been rocking the Smartish Kung Fu Grip for several weeks now. Can’t take it off. Prefer the texture and feel over the Sheath. Buttons are good. Wish they made a green color.

Reactions: nrvous1

xBlueku

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2020
I have been rocking the Smartish Kung Fu Grip for several weeks now. Can’t take it off. Prefer the texture and feel over the Sheath. Buttons are good. Wish they made a green color.
How does the size compare to the Sheath? Eyeing the grip since a while

Derek87

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2009
How does the size compare to the Sheath? Eyeing the grip since a while

It’s a good case and slightly bigger if my experience with the XS is an indicator. The thing I didn’t like about it beyond being slightly bulkier is the camera cutout wasn’t as precise. Would love to hear 11 pro users experiences. The thing going for it is probably better protection.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Posted this in the patina proud thread. Makes me want to give my nomad folio case another shot.

Attachments

• 7A050396-6E96-4B30-B9B7-339288B0145D.jpeg
    7A050396-6E96-4B30-B9B7-339288B0145D.jpeg
    169.7 KB · Views: 251

Jaggrey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2015
Pembroke Pines, FL
I got the Apple Silicone. I like it a lot more than the first time I tried it (which was probably a knockoff). Hopefully it’ll hold me over until my Phone Rebel comes in; whenever that’ll be.

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
Georgia, USA
Well, that UAG case is lovely to look at, and all that.
But, at the moment it feels rather slippery; might just need a little wear and tear.

In other news, maybe it is just me, but, to me, the vibrate option feels very weak now. Even more so, after coming from an Apple Leather case. Potential to miss notifications. At least 95% of the time, my phone is on vibrate. Everyone does not need to know when I receive a notification

uag olive.jpg

Reactions: bojack and nrvous1

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
I haven’t caught up with the thread in awhile but I had to drop in here to ask has anyone used cases from SwitchEasy? I am not a fan of clear cases but I think they have the best to date with the Glass Rebel.

Excellent grip on the side since it has the honeycomb pattern and the glass on the back basically doesn’t show any smudges and has a very nice snug fit.
3D892E95-AA1B-4933-A1EC-E2E0B8B0B928.jpeg

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Temporarily using my original otterbox defender pro. Not the replacement that was sent out. I found that one squeaked a whole lot when holding the phone or texting. So, I’m using the original one I purchased from Best Buy. Nothing like having a pound of phone case wrapped around a phone. I went from an 11 pro to a pro max in seconds.

Edit: What was our consensus on the tech 21 evo check? I can’t remember why I stopped using it.

Edit #2: Nevermind, I’m back to the red leather case.

Last edited:
Reactions: DonnyXMX

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
Ordered a Deep Sea Blue Apple leather folio, no black available so a bit of a change, not using a GSP anymore so this will help.

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
Where did you order it from? I’ve been eyeballing the Apple folio cases lately.

Apple online, should come Friday or Monday. I didn't know there are new colours. I had a black one for my IPX.
Not cheap.

[automerge]1585697041[/automerge]
Where did you order it from? I’ve been eyeballing the Apple folio cases lately.

Not buying anywhere else at $199 without a return policy ;)

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Apple online, should come Friday or Monday. I didn't know there are new colours. I had a black one for my IPX.
Not cheap.

[automerge]1585697041[/automerge]

Not buying anywhere else at $199 without a return policy ;)
I just took a look at the new colors. Very interesting. I may give the blue folio case a go.

Reactions: bobsamm

Guitarfreak

macrumors member
Jan 13, 2011
Birmingham, UK
I haven’t caught up with the thread in awhile but I had to drop in here to ask has anyone used cases from SwitchEasy? I am not a fan of clear cases but I think they have the best to date with the Glass Rebel.

Excellent grip on the side since it has the honeycomb pattern and the glass on the back basically doesn’t show any smudges and has a very nice snug fit. View attachment 901617

Got this case today in silver for my White Max. Love it!! Feels miles better than the Mous Clarity I was using

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Won an eBay auction for the Spigen Gauntlet. Received it and felt it- not worth the $49.99 they charge for it. Put it right back on eBay. Not impressive at all

twx

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2017
Michigan, USA
Just received two Spigen Ultra Hybrid cases. One in midnight green for my MG iPhone 11 Pro and one in black for my SG iPhone 11 Pro Max. I really like the look, fit, and feel of these cases. Previously, I was rocking the Speck Presidio Pro. This Spigen Ultra Hybrid fits snug, is a little slimmer than the Speck, and feels better in the hand. I think I'll keep it on for awhile!

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Just received two Spigen Ultra Hybrid cases. One in midnight green for my MG iPhone 11 Pro and one in black for my SG iPhone 11 Pro Max. I really like the look, fit, and feel of these cases. Previously, I was rocking the Speck Presidio Pro. This Spigen Ultra Hybrid fits snug, is a little slimmer than the Speck, and feels better in the hand. I think I'll keep it on for awhile!

Can you provide a link please? Also, how come you have 2 phones?

DCIFRTHS

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2008

That looks really nice! I’m wondering if dust will collect under the clear back? Have you noticed any? How long have the cases been on the phones! Thanks!

Ciddix

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2020
I have two cases for my iPhone 11 Pro. The Smartish Pro Armor case and the Mous Contour with the speckled black leather. I sometimes switch between the two cases, but the Mous case is definitely my preferred one since it doesn’t add very much bulk at all and is just a joy to hold on to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.