Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Could've missed it in this thread, but has anybody tried the speck presidio grip perfect clear? curious to know about the overall in-hand feel...is it grippy, how do the sides feel, oil-magnetness, etc. Oh and pics would be awesome to see.
I didn’t know they made the clear grip
For the 11 series.

Theoner1

macrumors regular
May 25, 2017
Neither did I. apparently it's new, per the best buy description (link here). Could be exclusive to bb, not sure though.

That is nice. I loved the grip series. Have two for my Pro max in blue and black

$44 is too high for me. I got both from Amazon for $15 a piece. I'll wait to see if Amazon will get em and when the prices are down.

Reactions: shr631 and AE14

Martheijn

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2020
Nederland
Has anyone seen this video yet? The Mous limitless 3.0 case is not very good in the test ..;)

[automerge]1588172906[/automerge]
Due to the Corona outbreak I have had the last few days to read all (3981) posts in this topic. In summary, I read that the combination of the Otterbox Symmetry and Apple's leather case are the ideal combination.

Now I have just under a week Apple's silicone case and I like it so far. It is still very nice to use, feels good and protects the iPhone well. However, I do miss the premium feeling that I did have with the leather case. So after the Mous AraMax and Apple's silicone case I think I'll buy apple's black leather case. Or do I regret this? I think it is important that a case feels premium and has a good grip, is the leather case the best choice?

Last edited:

twx

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2017
Michigan, USA
Rhinoshield SolidSuit - Classic Black case after two weeks:

Pros:
- I love the handling of this case. The sides are textured and provide just enough grip, but aren't sticky or clingy to pockets.

- The back is tacky (in a subtle way), doesn't show fingerprints, and provides good grip.

- I can't emphasize enough that the buttons on this case are the best I've ever used. They are tight and responsive. They feel like real buttons on the phone itself.

- The case fits extremely well to the phone, even better than any Mous case. I don't think much if any debris can get behind the case.

Cons:
- Bottom speaker/microphone cutouts are symmetrical, not a big deal, but worth noting.

- If you switch your case very frequently, get ready to wrestle when taking this one off. If you leave it on for awhile or don't plan on taking it off ever, this isn't a problem of course.

Bottom Line:
- I think this is going to be my daily driver case for the foreseeable future on both my iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max (work phone). Overall, I love the handling and the size. It provides fantastic drop protection and doesn't add a lot of bulk.

**Note: you can order this case with different textured backs. I haven't tried those. I did hear that the Classic Black case has the best grip out of all the textures though. Just an FYI**

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
England
I have been using Spigen ever since I had a iPhone 6s plus, they make some solid cases with cushions on the corners to absorb the impact. I would recommend getting the one with black bezel case, because the two time I bought clear it discolors to gold color after a couple of months of use. UAG case is another case that use as a daily driver, especially the new one civilian I alternate between UAG and Spigen cases. The buttons are all covered and has a nice tactile feel when pressing they also go a little over the front to protect the from glass when flat on table These are the one is use daily.

The Spigen Ultra Hybrid is my favourite case. Not found a case to better it yet and I’m trying hard.

Reactions: twx

Tdosthp

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
Just order the Clear Speck Grip. Should be here this weekend. Will report back.

Received today. Took it out of the package and the excitement was over. The GRIP part of the Speck isn’t like it is on the other cases. The raised lines are just molded into the hard plastic case. Provide ZERO additional grip and the whole case seems super slippery. Haven’t even put it on my phone. Not sure i am going to. Bummer.

Last edited:
Reactions: twx and AE14

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Mobilereviewseh just did a review of the sheath including a drop test. 5 feet on its corner on a cinderblock. No issue. Impressive.

Megapickle

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2018
Mobilereviewseh just did a review of the sheath including a drop test. 5 feet on its corner on a cinderblock. No issue. Impressive.
Yes! Finally someone drop tested the Sheath! I’d still like to see repeated drops from increasingly higher heights. Maybe he would have done more extreme testing if it wasn’t for the quarantine.

I’ve seen the naked iPhone survive drops from that height (5ft). I’m curious to see how much additional protection, if any, the case provides.

Reactions: AE14

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Yes! Finally someone drop tested the Sheath! I’d still like to see repeated drops from increasingly higher heights. Maybe he would have done more extreme testing if it wasn’t for the quarantine.

I’ve seen the naked iPhone survive drops from that height (5ft). I’m curious to see how much additional protection, if any, the case provides.
It was interesting to see, since it was 2 drops (if I remember correctly) onto a cinder block. Good to know it can withstand something.

Martheijn

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2020
Nederland
don't ask me why, but I bought the Mous Contour case out of curiosity, because I got curious after some positive posts. And unlike the Aramax case, this case feels a lot better. more grip, and it's a lot thinner. i think it is worth trying for a week! can he beat apple silicone case?

--
Edit: Day 1
The Mous Contour case has been around my phone for 1 day and my findings so far are very good!
The case is super tight, no sacky bottom and feels nice and thin.
The grip is also very good, much better than the Aramax.
The only drawback so far is the pressure point on your little finger when holding your phone.
The screen protector also falls very nicely in the case, so you do not see that you are using a screen protector

Edit 2: One week later

After a week of use, I find it a difficult choice. The case just looks nice and fits tightly around the iPhone. The leather doesn't feel like leather, rather to a fabric case. After a week you will not see any signs of use yet.

but .. The grip remains dramatic and the plastic does not feel good when holding, especially your little finger. I tried another grip where the little finger is on a divider but this does not work well.

So the case goes back and the apple silicone case is back on my iPhone

Last edited:

v3rtex

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2018
Germany
These days I got my new UAG Metropolis case for my 11 Pro Max.
Usually I don’t like folio cases, but with this I’m absolutely satisfied 🙂

3B49CFCE-BCFA-458C-AB95-29F10D736620.jpeg

91E06EFE-5CC9-47DB-8AE3-DD1813DE3D1C.jpeg

658AD40B-A6FB-4F0C-B86A-4316BF119FE6.jpeg

GP-SE

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2013
I have always used the Apple Leather case since the iPhone 4, however with my iPhone 11 Pro Max I went with the Spigen Liquid Air and I have no regrets. I'm also using a Spigen screen protector that fits perfect with the case.

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
Anyone tried the new-ish Evutec? Love the Karbon I’ve had from them since it’s release...

Reactions: Jaggrey and AE14

Jaggrey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2015
Pembroke Pines, FL
Anyone tried the new-ish Evutec? Love the Karbon I’ve had from them since it’s release...

I had no idea this existed! Color me intrigued.

stefanooo

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2018
If you'd have to choose between Otterbox Symmetry or a Spigen Liquid Air and wanted to have a really nice case with proper real-life drop protection (not talking about dropping it from 10m height). Which would you take and why?

Mel8899

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2017
If you'd have to choose between Otterbox Symmetry or a Spigen Liquid Air and wanted to have a really nice case with proper real-life drop protection (not talking about dropping it from 10m height). Which would you take and why?

I use the Spigen one and have a Symmetry. I think the Symmetry has better drop protection.

xBlueku

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2020
There’s a lot to consider.
Those graded for higher drops are obviously more likely to leave unharmed from those more likely drops. But on the same hand, those more resilient cases make the phone bulkier / heavier, which if you have smaller hands might lead to more drops. For this reason I’m rocking the Liquid Air and not, say, a Rhinoshield (which I think it’s similar to the Symmetry size-wise).
Then there’s the Caudabe Sheath, which seems to offer a better protection than the Liquid Air while still keeping a similarly thin profile

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.