Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SurferJoes

Suspended
May 12, 2020
Newbie here. Tried the Pelican Traveller and Black and Taupe recently was on sale for like $10, nice case to hold, bit heavy but the buttons were the killer, really stiff.
Picked up a new Black Leather folio for my 11 pro for half price to pair with the black leather case.

Cryates

macrumors 68040
Nov 19, 2013
I finally got the Latercase for my 11 Pro, and honestly, it’s my favorite case I’ve ever owned. The texture is wonderful and it’s so dang thin.

Cryates

macrumors 68040
Nov 19, 2013
Nice! Does it (Latercase) attract fingerprints easily?
Not really much at all. It’ll pick up oils and such, but they are not really noticeable at all unless in very bright light, but even then they are not very noticeable. I think the texture/material helps a lot with that.

Last edited:

stefanooo

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2018
Those graded for higher drops are obviously more likely to leave unharmed from those more likely drops. But on the same hand, those more resilient cases make the phone bulkier / heavier, which if you have smaller hands might lead to more drops. For this reason I’m rocking the Liquid Air and not, say, a Rhinoshield (which I think it’s similar to the Symmetry size-wise).
Then there’s the Caudabe Sheath, which seems to offer a better protection than the Liquid Air while still keeping a similarly thin profile

The Rhinoshield have such hard non-grippy edges don't they?

Where is your statement based on that the Caudabe Sheath has better drop protection than the Spigen Liquid Air? I'm not so sure about that review-dude with the dog. The Sheath is soooo thin, the Liquid Air feels a lot more protective to me? Unfortunately I can't find any Liquid Air drop tests.

xBlueku

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2020
The Rhinoshield have such hard non-grippy edges don't they?

Hard plastic and yeah, not particularly grippy although they got better in the years

Where is your statement based on that the Caudabe Sheath has better drop protection than the Spigen Liquid Air? I'm not so sure about that review-dude with the dog. The Sheath is soooo thin, the Liquid Air feels a lot more protective to me? Unfortunately I can't find any Liquid Air drop tests.

Yup mainly based on Aaron’s review, marketing fluff and the lackof drop tests on the Liquid Air. I’ll be able to give some more feedback in a week or 2 when I receive the Sheath I ordered some days ago (Covid not withstanding)

TechLord

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2020
I went for the Spigen Ultra Hybrid clear case for my iPhone 11. It's a nice looking case, not too thick and the buttons are very responsive. Have somehow not dropped my 11 once so can't judge its protective capabilities yet.

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
England
A review on amazon someone had that Spigen Ultra Hybrid clear case mark the back of their phone.

I have the Ultra Hybrid and there is nothing that can mark the phone on the inside of the case. I do recall seeing a review too but I'm sure its not for the Ultra Hybrid, it is from another Spigen case though. Pretty sure its the pattern that they have on the inside, for example the Liquid Air case, not sure what case it is though the review is for.

Martheijn

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2020
Nederland
I can't stand the fingerprints on my sillicone case, should i buy the leather case from apple?

Apple Sillicone case (black)
Mous contour 3.0
Mous limitless Aramax

SurferJoes

Suspended
May 12, 2020
I have the Ultra Hybrid and there is nothing that can mark the phone on the inside of the case. I do recall seeing a review too but I'm sure its not for the Ultra Hybrid, it is from another Spigen case though. Pretty sure its the pattern that they have on the inside, for example the Liquid Air case, not sure what case it is though the review is for.

was definitely the ultra hybrid
[automerge]1589488104[/automerge]
I can't stand the fingerprints on my sillicone case, should i buy the leather case from apple?

Mous contour 3.0
Mous limitless Aramax

great case so yes from me

Reactions: Martheijn

SurferJoes

Suspended
May 12, 2020
The Spigen Liquid Air leaves marks on the phone sides.

found it on Amazon, there is a few photos too,

Because of its extra bump inside it destroyed the color of my iPhone. So sad of this purchase. If I could I would not give it even one star. Even I went to Apple authorized service provider and they said because that case has disturbed the color of the phone it doesn’t get covered by the warranty. Before I write this review I sent a message to Spigen and explained the problem but no one answered; so I decided to share my experience here
Please don’t destroy your thousand dollar iPhone with this low quality bad design case.

AJAAY

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2012

Mous contour 3.0
Mous limitless Aramax
I have oily hands, so I've always had problems with cases showing the oils and fingerprints. In my experience the only two cases that don't show fingerprints or oils has been the Apple Leather Cases and Otterbox Symmetry case.

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
England

Because of its extra bump inside it destroyed the color of my iPhone. So sad of this purchase. If I could I would not give it even one star. Even I went to Apple authorized service provider and they said because that case has disturbed the color of the phone it doesn’t get covered by the warranty. Before I write this review I sent a message to Spigen and explained the problem but no one answered; so I decided to share my experience here
Please don’t destroy your thousand dollar iPhone with this low quality bad design case.

Hasn’t damaged mine and I’ve had it for months.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Swapped back to my mous contour brown leather case. I forgot how horrible the buttons are. Still, it’s an “ok” feeling case. It’s still slippery and the bottom lip has stayed “fixed” with my repair of it. I’ll give it a day or so, but I doubt this will be my daily driver case. There’s to many cons to this case, most of all, the price. I bit into the hype of the case after watching reviews.

Reactions: AE14

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2008

Woah! I'm a big Spigen fan so this is concerning.. What bump inside the case? And where is the damage on the iPhone? Any pics?

I knew the aluminum body iPhones would get permanent wear marks where that inner spider web pattern would sit up against. I guess I thought the combo glass/aluminum/stainless steel iPhones wouldn't be affected by cases like Spigen. :/

SurferJoes

Suspended
May 12, 2020
Woah! I'm a big Spigen fan so this is concerning.. What bump inside the case? And where is the damage on the iPhone? Any pics?

I knew the aluminum body iPhones would get permanent wear marks where that inner spider web pattern would sit up against. I guess I thought the combo glass/aluminum/stainless steel iPhones wouldn't be affected by cases like Spigen. :/

There is photos in the review.

stefanooo

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2018
I've got the Spigen Liquid Air, feels really good! No nonense cheap case which probably can withstand a "normal" drop. With the Caudabe Sheath I would be reaaaaally anxious to drop it, it is sooo thin. The grip on the sides of the Liquid air is very nice as well, buttons are great, cut-outs are great... proper case for its price!

So for now I will go with Spigen Liquid Air as daily driver, Otterbox Symmetry on days when I need a bit more protection.

Reactions: nrvous1

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
I've got the Spigen Liquid Air, feels really good! No nonense cheap case which probably can withstand a "normal" drop. With the Caudabe Sheath I would be reaaaaally anxious to drop it, it is sooo thin. The grip on the sides of the Liquid air is very nice as well, buttons are great, cut-outs are great... proper case for its price!

So for now I will go with Spigen Liquid Air as daily driver, Otterbox Symmetry on days when I need a bit more protection.
I’m gonna have to take my liquid air for a test drive seeing it’s just sitting here. It is an awesome case though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.