Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
England
Woah! I'm a big Spigen fan so this is concerning.. What bump inside the case? And where is the damage on the iPhone? Any pics?

I knew the aluminum body iPhones would get permanent wear marks where that inner spider web pattern would sit up against. I guess I thought the combo glass/aluminum/stainless steel iPhones wouldn't be affected by cases like Spigen. :/

There isn’t a pattern on the inside of the Ultra Hybrid case.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Got the Tech21 Remix in motion today and I’m loving the pattern and colours!

9A5DC2E8-7AA7-4489-B0A9-69AF55C528A6.jpeg
7AF1E74A-70C5-4322-9BF9-56C50D5AD5B1.jpeg
F4DD2B4A-11D7-4F70-B63B-9A6A1C36F30B.jpeg

stefanooo

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2018
I have the Tech21 clear case as well and this one adds the same amount of bulk and width to the phone. It feels smaller in the hands though. Maybe it’s becos of the material?

Do you perhaps also know the Tech21 EVO Check? I really like the protective feeling of the case, but I dislike the glossy plasticy looks of the case. It just looks really cheap after a few months of use.

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2008
Welp, I impulse bought a UAG Monarch in all black with the leather back and wowww I'm actually super surprised how much I like this case! In pictures and in reviews I thought it was gaudy and ugly but in person it looks super awesome and the materials feel fantastic and it offers a lot of grip! It feels very high quality in the hand and in all black it just looks so badass. I think the leather version makes it look less ridiculous than the carbon fiber IMHO. Buttons are super clicky and it has a nice fat lip around the screen. I absolutely love the matte black on black look of the case--looks professional yet high tech yet classy somehow??? The matte black "frame" on the back might get fingerprints but it's EASILY wipeable.

It actually feels a lot thinner than it is because the sides are so thin and the multilayered back makes you fingers sit on the inside leather portion when using it. Very well designed.

I think this may replace the Otterbox Symmetry for me, I'd never thought I'd say that! I guess I overlooked this brand because it is not very photogenic. In person it looks pretty incredible I have to say.

Reactions: Jaggrey

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2008
How is the tpu over the buttons and the charging port? UAG is always so flimsy there

You can easily pull on them since they're usually the softest part of the case. But there isn't even a tiny mm of sag or gap on the bottom or next to the buttons--it's all completely flush.

Reactions: AE14

twx

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2017
Michigan, USA
I've been using the Rhinoshield SolidSuit on my iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max for a little over a 1.5 months. Love them. I read some reviews about the updated Dbrand Grip case and they were pretty positive. Ordered one for my 11 Pro and going to give it a shot for a couple weeks when it arrives!

ab2c4

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2013
I bought two Spigen Liquid Crystal cases for my 11, one clear and one smoked. Very nice cases for the $12 I paid for each. Reasonably thin, really good grip, and the buttons are nice and easy to press. I’m very happy with them.

stefanooo

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2018
I've been using the Rhinoshield SolidSuit on my iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max for a little over a 1.5 months. Love them. I read some reviews about the updated Dbrand Grip case and they were pretty positive. Ordered one for my 11 Pro and going to give it a shot for a couple weeks when it arrives!

Doesn't the SolidSuit have hard slippery sides?

JaGaMa

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2020
I just ordered a Bio Outback $39.95 USD and Glass protective screen $19.95 USD plus $2.00 USD for expedited shipping (2 days) for my new iPhone 11 Pro Max the total with taxes was $66.24 USD. UAG, to their credit stated on their web site that once order was processed I would receive via email a tracking number. This did happen. The problem is the tracking number belongs to some delivery company in China, and is virtually impossible to get any info from them. They didn't disclose on their site that the products are being shipped from Hong Kong or Beijing. Had I known in advance this info, I would have been more reluctant in my purchase, since over the past years I had many bad experiences with orders coming from china, Hope I am wrong about my prejudice this time.
Peace.
James

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.