Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

QueenTyrone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2016
3bbe7d11a7bb2d24be6a70f4c1b72353.jpg

Reactions: Crazyj414

Salazes123

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2018
Hey,
I am looking for a case for my new iPhone 11 Pro Midnight Green. Something with minimum size and a bumper. I am thinking to go either for Spiegen Ultra Hybrid or RhinoShield Mod NX.
What would you recommend ?

Theoner1

macrumors regular
May 25, 2017

Very nice looking case!

Mine is in transit to me as we speak. It's already in LA, CA and I'm in northern CA. Ordered the Rebel aramid version for my 11 PM. Can't wait for it to get here. Took them over two weeks and I have to email them before they decided to shipped one to me a day or two later.

Reactions: Jaggrey

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
I didn’t do either one on mine. I’m wondering if the side strips help with grip but it hasn’t been enough of an issue for me to try.
Being an owner of a very similar style case, i'd say the main benefit of the side strips would be to prevent scratches (although I don't have any after years of them being exposed) over grip - you already get added grip not only from the shrunken width of the case but also from your hand being wedged inside the top/bottom corners.

It's why I love these style cases - you can still highlight the side accents & not worry about dropping the phone anywhere near as much as if it were fully naked, because the design 'locks' your hand in place.

Guitarfreak

macrumors member
Jan 13, 2011
Birmingham, UK
I didn’t use the side strips. I did try but messed it up so didn’t bother lol. Plus I like to use the smart battery case when travelling.

The screen protector is the ultra curve by Belkin, bought it cheaper on Amazon and fitted myself

Theoner1

macrumors regular
May 25, 2017
Somewhere on a boat is my Phone Rebel case.

Nice. I'm pretty sure you will love it. Without a doubt, the phone rebel case is my favorite case. I end up ordering the frost one as well. Should be here by Saturday and I just order it last Friday.

About to sell all my other cases that I haven't use that are still brand new in box.

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
Nice. I'm pretty sure you will love it. Without a doubt, the phone rebel case is my favorite case. I end up ordering the frost one as well. Should be here by Saturday and I just order it last Friday.

About to sell all my other cases that I haven't use that are still brand new in box.

Got anything else interesting

Yeah kinda excited. Hoping I like it. On paper looks nice.

gmoney18

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2020
I’ve had a Speck Presidio Pro (1st gen) on my iPhone 11 Pro for almost 4 months now and it’s been the best case I’ve ever used. There has been zero fingerprint issues and it’s easy to clean if there is any. Overall awesome case.

Jaggrey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2015
Pembroke Pines, FL
Got anything else interesting

Yeah kinda excited. Hoping I like it. On paper looks nice.

I hope you will also. I haven’t taken mine off since I got it!

Actually that’s a lie. I switch to a bigger Evutec that i have when I’m doing something where i mentally need more protection, like when I’m moving or going to the beach. I guess the exposed sides are what mess with me in that regard, even though all the tests show it’s protected also.

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
Being an owner of a very similar style case, i'd say the main benefit of the side strips would be to prevent scratches (although I don't have any after years of them being exposed) over grip - you already get added grip not only from the shrunken width of the case but also from your hand being wedged inside the top/bottom corners.

It's why I love these style cases - you can still highlight the side accents & not worry about dropping the phone anywhere near as much as if it were fully naked, because the design 'locks' your hand in place.

what other case is similar to the rebel? I haven’t seen anything like it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.