Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jimbo562

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
Los Angeles
frosted clear totallee case look dull on midnight green max pro. Will get a rhinoshield bumper case

Attachments

• E4E677FB-51A5-4565-AB5F-D555A4F2E1F5.jpeg
    E4E677FB-51A5-4565-AB5F-D555A4F2E1F5.jpeg
    98.2 KB · Views: 556
Reactions: reebs

sneeks

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2007
Glasgow, UK
The apple clear case is pretty cheap and crappy looking. Will swap for a leather one. Now debating which leather color looks the best with the midnight green phone

Currently making the same decision. I bought a black Spigen Liquid Air case but may return this and get a Apple leather case or try the Apple silicon case for a change.

mhunt407

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2017
Bristol, UK
Took delivery of a Cyrill Color Block from Amazon - first impressions are good and it doesn’t attract a bunch of finger prints.

Might end up getting the forest green Apple leather though as that combo looks great!

Attachments

• 2270267C-9FC5-4415-ACAF-5AC5B781095F.jpeg
    2270267C-9FC5-4415-ACAF-5AC5B781095F.jpeg
    845.1 KB · Views: 351

cardfan

macrumors 601
Mar 23, 2012
I agree, cases are pretty ugly. However, scrathes, scuffs and shattered glass are even more ugly.
I'm pondering Applecare+, but its a hefty price to pay. Last couple iPhones/iPad's i bough AC+ and actually never made use of it. So it ended up being a waste of cash.

Haven’t used a case since iPhone 7 (had the x, xs and now pro). No scratches, scuffs, or shattered glass. Do need to baby it though. Ac+ is my case.

I tried using a case on x series but the experience is so much better without. Full screen effect. Comfortable to hold. Have a proclip holder in car for it.

I’m sure eventually there will be that accident but hasn’t happened yet.

SFoxx91

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2012
Is there a slight lip on the camera opening? Just curious how it lays when you put the phone down on its back.

Yes, very slight lip on both cases. Clear case is just a tad thicker, with buttons built into the case. The Matte Frost case is thin enough that the buttons stick through the case.

xthine

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2015
USA
Why use a case? It looks ugly

I wish I could use mine without a case unfortunately when I'm active I outdoors I don't feel the phone would hold up well falling on rocky terrain going a certain speed. Dont want to have to take the case on and off either. I have to be careful around the house with a 65 lb land shark so I would not risk a caseless phone around her. Iphones ago I used a nice handmade wooden bumper (can't remember which company but it was in Oregon), dropped my phone on the trail, bumper came off as iPhone hit the ground.

Most of the cases I've seen here look nice and sleek. If you think those are 'ugly' you should see mine. Lol

908d1fd35c56e1e1987cea1137ec6f9d.jpg

Reactions: AE14

nvarsj

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2010
The clear Apple case seriously cheapens the look imho. Also the brown case does not go with green at all. I think a drawback of the green is it clashes with a lot of stuff. I’m thinking black, green, or grey may be the only compatible options. Currently waiting for a black symmetry+pop socket to arrive, if that sucks I’ll go for a rhino bumper or Pitaka.

BradWI

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 29, 2011
Until they fix the price, Target has the saddle brown and black 11 Pro case for $39.99 shipped ($9 off Apple’s price):

11 Pro Max case in black also available for the same price:

Reactions: reebs

nvarsj

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2010
Haven’t used a case since iPhone 7 (had the x, xs and now pro). No scratches, scuffs, or shattered glass. Do need to baby it though. Ac+ is my case.

I tried using a case on x series but the experience is so much better without. Full screen effect. Comfortable to hold. Have a proclip holder in car for it.

I’m sure eventually there will be that accident but hasn’t happened yet.

All it takes is one broken phone and you will start using a case I think :).

I stopped using a case on my XS and broke it within a month - like a 1 foot drop, unfortunately it was onto a cobbled path and it shattered the left side of the screen. I had applecare but it's still a hassle. They don't give you a new phone - they replace the front screen. So I was left with a nasty dent, and the replacement screen had dust under the camera lens.

The other thing about cases is they make the phone much more functional, depending on the case. The grip of the iPhone post iPhone 6 is terrible, and a case can really help that.

cardfan

macrumors 601
Mar 23, 2012
All it takes is one broken phone and you will start using a case I think :).

I stopped using a case on my XS and broke it within a month - like a 1 foot drop, unfortunately it was onto a cobbled path and it shattered the left side of the screen. I had applecare but it's still a hassle. They don't give you a new phone - they replace the front screen. So I was left with a nasty dent, and the replacement screen had dust under the camera lens.

The other thing about cases is they make the phone much more functional, depending on the case. The grip of the iPhone post iPhone 6 is terrible, and a case can really help that.

Was under the impression that you get express replacements with AppleCare plus. I’ve not had to use AppleCare in years but usually swapped out a phone not working right way back when. Hopefully I wouldn’t have a problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.