Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

runlsd

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2009
Grey + Yellow
_JY20883.jpg
_JY20887.jpg

_JY20885.jpg

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2012
England
Ringke Fusion-X. I got this for $2 on Amazon during the introductory sale.

View attachment 861372

I'm using this also!
I have five cases and this is my favourite. Shows off the phone with more than ample protection.
Easy to take off to clean also which cannot be said for the standard Ringke Fusion. Super tight that one.

I also have the Onyx too but I think the Fusion-X is the one for me. They've improved the hold comfort from the XS Max too.

Reactions: sabesh

themaestro

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2019
Ireland
Dropped an iPhone once and screen completely smashed. It was in Apple silicon case. Never again, always an Otter case or if something just as good exists . . .

aloper

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2015
Rocklin, CA
How do you like these? I'm trying to decide on one or both of these for my pro max

They are both good...fit is good and the buttons on both are good. Can't go wrong with either. I think I like the ESR better though. It's just somewhat less bulky all around...I'm a fan of the most minimal but protective case I can find though. I think the main thing that pushes me to the ESR is it has less of a raised lip than Spidgen. Almost none with a screen protector on as well. I hate swiping up and catching fingers on the raised edge...

hockeyamd

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2006

Attachments

• 80ECFB8C-A024-4974-80AD-E21C51C4C81F.jpeg
    80ECFB8C-A024-4974-80AD-E21C51C4C81F.jpeg
    678.4 KB · Views: 339

bob24

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
The other thing about cases is they make the phone much more functional, depending on the case. The grip of the iPhone post iPhone 6 is terrible, and a case can really help that.

Grip was an issue with the 6/6S/7 due to the anodised aluminium back. But the X/XS actually have excellent grip with their glass back.

bob24

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
Was under the impression that you get express replacements with AppleCare plus. I’ve not had to use AppleCare in years but usually swapped out a phone not working right way back when. Hopefully I wouldn’t have a problem.

Yes, to be honest I haven’t had to use it either, but given that you are entitled for express replacement service with AppleCare+ (i.e. they are sending a replacement before having received the broken/damaged phone), I don’t see how you can end-up with a partially damaged device if you do that.

But again, going caseless myself as well ans never caused any damage either since the original iPhone (the 3GS had a case as the plastic back with too prone to scratches).

sabesh

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2007
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
I'm using this also!
I have five cases and this is my favourite. Shows off the phone with more than ample protection.
Easy to take off to clean also which cannot be said for the standard Ringke Fusion. Super tight that one.

I also have the Onyx too but I think the Fusion-X is the one for me. They've improved the hold comfort from the XS Max too.
I am thinking of getting the Onyx as well. What do you think you it? Thanks.

SAMCROforever

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2014
I got this on a whim and kinda like it, looks nice with the midnight green. I also just ordered a Forest Green Apple Leather case, never used one of those yet.

56D312A7-A86A-4545-A5D1-911EA0AFFC94.jpeg

Reactions: tkukoc and reebs

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
I am so torn between a few cases myself right now. The ones I’m up in air about is:

Ringke Fusion-X
Caudabe Synthesis
RhinoShield SolidSuit

But the case that I think I’m going forward with day to day is the Nomad Active Rugged.

Jaggrey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2015
Pembroke Pines, FL
Just got in my Evutec. Not sure if it’s cuz I’ve had the one for the XS Max for so long but this one doesn’t seem to have the same amount of grip. Maybe I need to break it in. Unless they changed the finish with this year’s version.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I have both the Spigen Rugged Armor and Spigen Liquid Air and personally, I actually like the Liquid Air. I find it that the Apple Logo on the device is now dead center and with the apple logo cutout on the case it's really uncomfortable to rest my fingers around that area.

Jaggrey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2015
Pembroke Pines, FL
I put my Ringke Fusion back on. After using it all day it just seems to handle better than the Evutec. Weird cuz I have my old Evutec here that feels the best of them all. At the same time I see some imperfections with the Evutec that I have, like some extra plastic molding in some places, so I may exchange or return it.

So now the hunt begins.... again. Maybe.

Has anyone tried a Mous Clarity? There’s not a whole lot of feedback about that one. There wasn’t even with the XS version.

Packers1958

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2017
South Dakota
Haven’t used a case since iPhone 7 (had the x, xs and now pro). No scratches, scuffs, or shattered glass. Do need to baby it though. Ac+ is my case.

I tried using a case on x series but the experience is so much better without. Full screen effect. Comfortable to hold. Have a proclip holder in car for it.

I’m sure eventually there will be that accident but hasn’t happened yet.
So you pay $200 + for AC, and I pay $20 for a case. You havent had to repair your phone, and I have not either. How much have you spent on AC over the years? I have spent less than $100 on cases over the last 10 years. So who is the genius, and who is the fool?

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2012
England
I am thinking of getting the Onyx as well. What do you think you it? Thanks.

It looks class with the gold buttons but I prefer the Fusion-X.
Only got it as it was super cheap on Amazon.

Will get the a ruby red version of the Fusion-X too when available here in the UK, I think it'll go with Space Grey well.

Reactions: Toratek and sabesh

bob24

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
So you pay $200 + for AC, and I pay $20 for a case. You havent had to repair your phone, and I have not either. How much have you spent on AC over the years? I have spent less than $100 on cases over the last 10 years. So who is the genius, and who is the fool?

The question makes little sense as the answer depends on personal preference and any answer will kind of sound condescending.

For exemple, this might not be an answer you like but one could easily answer that the fool is the one who pays 1000+ dollars for a very nicely designed phone but is too cheap to enjoy it without covering it with an ugly and/or bulky case. A bit like someone buying a Porsche car and covering it with additional ugly plastic bumpers because they are afraid of damaging it would look like a fool.

I am of course intentionally providing an overly hyperbolic answer above, but I think it proves the point: you can favour cost which is fine and someone else can favour looks, haptic feel or compactness which is fine as well - and there is no need to be calling anyone a fool.

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
I am so torn between a few cases myself right now. The ones I’m up in air about is:

Ringke Fusion-X
Caudabe Synthesis
RhinoShield SolidSuit

But the case that I think I’m going forward with day to day is the Nomad Active Rugged.
How does the leather feel of the Nomad Active Rugged compared to the Horween leather on the normal Rugged case?

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
Also decided to flip my Saddle brown case for the Forest green with my 11 pro MG. Way better to be honest, really love the combo.

Yes, the Forest Green looks great paired with MG. What is strange is at launch I bought a few colors of the leather case because I didn't know what one I ultimately wanted. The Forest Green just feels far and beyond better than the others right out of the box. This even includes the leather cases from last year as well as that is usually my go to case. Anyone else who returned a color for Forest Green notice this or did I just get bad variations of the other colors?

Reactions: cristinax321
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.