Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

81Tiger04

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2009
SC
For our iPhone 11’s, I got the Catalyst Impact Protection and my wife got the Speck Presidio Stay Clear.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Honestly it doesn’t even feel like leather to be real. It feels like a really durable rubber to me. If you hold it and then hold the original leather you will tell a difference right away.
Is it worth $50 in your opinion?

Also, the lack of the asymmetrical cutouts to me is a no no.

As an aside, I was high on the eve check for two days. It is off my 11 PM now, as the finger prints made it far too grungy.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Just ordered two x Doria cases from amazon. The prime and the tactical. I’ll see if I like either and return the other. The prime in black leather looks really nice. It sure how I like the front facing speaker, so we shall see.

Reactions: blaine07

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Is it worth $50 in your opinion?

Also, the lack of the asymmetrical cutouts to me is a no no.

As an aside, I was high on the eve check for two days. It is off my 11 PM now, as the finger prints made it far too grungy.

hmmmmmm idk about saying it’s worth the $50. Since that last message I’ve switched now back to the Camo Ringke case. The buttons irk me a little when it comes to the nomad since they are more flush than raised. Thats the main negative for the case I can really see.

Reactions: AE14

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
The Apple leather cases are improved this year. At least for me. The leather feels thicker and higher quality and the buttons are more responsive. I’m very happy with it.

PeytonT123

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2018
US
I got the Apple clear case...I don't know if "bubbles" is the right word, but it keeps having spots where it is pressing down harder than the rest of the back of the case

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
They are both good...fit is good and the buttons on both are good. Can't go wrong with either. I think I like the ESR better though. It's just somewhat less bulky all around...I'm a fan of the most minimal but protective case I can find though. I think the main thing that pushes me to the ESR is it has less of a raised lip than Spidgen. Almost none with a screen protector on as well. I hate swiping up and catching fingers on the raised edge...

I have that ESR case too on my 11 Pro Max. I had a similar ESR case on my Xs Max and decided to go with their equivalent case for the new phone.

It did go yellow after time but I think all clear cases do anyway. It’s one third the price of the official Apple clear case but a lot better in my opinion. When it goes yellow I’ll just replace it with another one.

Reactions: aloper

izzle22

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2004
Kansas City, MO
Everyone has their own opinions about cases and are very “matter of fact” about them. Me I’ve used them all throughout the years. After using the Apple leather which I really liked on my X I decided to go with the Apple clear on my 11 Pro. Love this case. Grippy enough, not cheap looking (TO ME) and shows off the phone. I feel it’s enough protection for my use. Hey it’s just my opinion. They all look nice and naked looks even better.
997E36A4-40FA-463B-A483-16B8249AEBA9.jpeg

Last edited:

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Everyone has their own opinions about cases and are very “matter of fact” about them. Me I’ve used them all throughout the years. After using the Apple leather which I really liked on my X I decided to go with the Apple clear on my 11 Pro. Love this case. Grippy enough, not cheap looking (TO ME) and shows off the phone. I feel it’s enough protection for my use. Hey it’s just my opinion. They all look nice and naked looks even better. View attachment 862235

I was surprised how nice the clear cases were in store. I considered getting it over the leather but the more responsive buttons on the leather won me over.

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
I really keep going back to the Rhinoshield Solidsuit, I just still love this case.

Sup Tee? I keep going back to the Pitaka MagCase. I’m getting their new Air Case, which is the thinnest case they’ve ever done. It’s similar to the MagCase, but no magnets.

aka Adamas on YouTube ;)

Reactions: TechnicallyTee

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
What’s going on man! Yeah I know everyone here mostly likes the thin and sleek cases and I do too but I just love the SolidSuit. But I will say there are so many that I like right now I constantly keep changing lol.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
I was at Best Buy today looking for a case because I'm paranoid about my 11 Pro Max, and hooooly crap, pickings are slim.

You can tell most of the cases available right now were manufactured before they knew the product name, because they're labelled with generic stuff like "Apple iPhone 2019 Large Size".

I ended up picking up a cheap generic case until there's better options available. I'm picky because I want something as slim as possible that still feels good in your hand. My go-to before was the Incipio NGP but I haven't been able to find them anywhere.

Hopefully in a month or so there will be some better options. Everything is just too bulky at the moment.

Last edited:

Footaxion

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2011
Phila, Pa
C1B7CA8A-32A8-4287-9776-65F7BDF1BDB8.jpeg
Im currently switching between the Apple Black Leather And the Black Silicone. Will be getting a White, and Red Apple Silicone, along with a Brown Apple Leather, in the near future. Which is what I’ve done for all my other iPhones.

Reactions: TexasErin and J3WMH

macrumors3131

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2006
This is called the "Arkour Minimalist Ultra Thin Slim Fit Cover" from Amazon. It has a different kind of green compared to the Midnight Green so it's not a perfect match. It's one of those really thin covers that provide very minimal protection but all the critical parts are covered: border lip for the lens square and slightly protruded edges for the front screen. One thing I really like is the texture. It has these small dots on the surface that make it feel like peach fuzz.

GORD6283.JPG GORD6285.JPG GORD6287.jpg

Dodgeman

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2016
I went with a Pelican. No otter box this season but was consider a symmetry.
has anyone had experience with the otter box the iPhone. I want something lightweight but protective.

Footaxion

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2011
Phila, Pa
Is the black silicone still a dust/lint magnet?
So far it hasn’t been. There appears to be a bit of a smooth finish/film to it. It might be because it’s new. But I am currently not having any dust issues. Like I was with the previous Apple Silicone case I had for my X.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.