Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
So far it hasn’t been. There appears to be a bit of a smooth finish/film to it. It might be because it’s new. But I am currently not having any dust issues. Like I was with the previous Apple Silicone case I had for my X.

Same here. I’m rocking the pine green silicone case on my sg 11 pro. It’s a killer combo!

Reactions: Footaxion

marlman

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2012
I have gone for the Kavaj Tokyo case again its perfect for me

I have to carry a few cards and hate carrying a wallet and this does it all, I even keep a £10 note hidden in side in case I need cash!

Plus it works great with my wireless charger.

Also use a screen protector

MichaelMidnight

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2008
Los Angeles
Is the black silicone still a dust/lint magnet?
Unlike the other poster, alas all silicone cases - at least for me - has attracted lint. This has been like 2 days in and I returned it. Maybe i should wait longer but that tactile sensation with the lint never stuck to my liking thought. Might just do the Caudabe Sheath.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I have gone for the Kavaj Tokyo case again its perfect for me

I have to carry a few cards and hate carrying a wallet and this does it all, I even keep a £10 note hidden in side in case I need cash!

Plus it works great with my wireless charger.

Also use a screen protector

I got the full coverage ESR glass screen protector as it gives edge to edge cover. It’s more expensive but it’s worth it. However it may not work with all cases. I also use an ESR clear case so it works fine with that.

nvarsj

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2010
Yes, to be honest I haven’t had to use it either, but given that you are entitled for express replacement service with AppleCare+ (i.e. they are sending a replacement before having received the broken/damaged phone), I don’t see how you can end-up with a partially damaged device if you do that.

But again, going caseless myself as well ans never caused any damage either since the original iPhone (the 3GS had a case as the plastic back with too prone to scratches).

Screen repair is 25, the express replacement is 80 here. So I guess you could do express replacement to get the whole device replaced. I was talking about the screen repair option.

[automerge]1569228297[/automerge]
Grip was an issue with the 6/6S/7 due to the anodised aluminium back. But the X/XS actually have excellent grip with their glass back.

I don't really agree - the steel band is super polished and slippery. Try propping up your phone against any surface and it slips. A case fixes that.

Reactions: Mr.C

Selcher

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2017
Canada
Nice case!

It really is... I work in mining construction and these cases have saved my phone countless times... Urban Armor Gear is heavy duty... not just for show
[automerge]1569230469[/automerge]
Think I might wanna see how that looks with the green....

It comes in Ice color which is almost clear and an Ash color which is smoked... and yeah, it would look amazing on the Midnight Green for sure...

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
For my iPhone 11 Pro, I wanted to go for a good clear case and a good silicone case. I got a Caudabe Lucid Clear because that was such a strong and attractive option on my iPhone XR. It’s hard polycarbonate all around. It didn’t seem quite the same quality for the smaller Pro but it’s not bad. It lost its slippery feel after a day. However it scuffed immediately in a purse pocket that it had all to itself.

I decided to try something a little more substantial and got a Ringke Fusion Clear case. It’s a hybrid TPU with a hard polycarbonate back and a tpu bumper. It’s got much better clarity all around than I expected.

I got a Ringke Air-S Coral silicone case for more rugged days. I really like that.

My two Ringke cases cover all sides and buttons and with discount coupons and codes cost less than $9 and aren’t much more than that without discounts. The Caudabe covers all sides but not the buttons and was about $24. Currency in US dollars.

Reactions: Jaggrey

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
For my iPhone 11 Pro, I wanted to go for a good clear case and a good silicone case. I got a Caudabe Lucid Clear because that was such a strong and attractive option on my iPhone XR. It’s hard polycarbonate all around. It didn’t seem quite the same quality for the smaller Pro but it’s not bad. It lost its slippery feel after a day. However it scuffed immediately in a purse pocket that it had all to itself.

I decided to try something a little more substantial and got a Ringke Fusion Clear case. It’s a hybrid TPU with a hard polycarbonate back and a tpu bumper. It’s got much better clarity all around than I expected.

I got a Ringke Air-S Coral silicone case for more rugged days. I really like that.

My two Ringke cases cover all sides and buttons and with discount coupons and codes cost less than $9 and aren’t much more than that without discounts. The Caudabe covers all sides but not the buttons and was about $24. Currency in US dollars.
This is my issue with Caudabe. They are pricey for what they are imo

Reactions: 5105973

Macalway

macrumors 601
Aug 7, 2013
I always get the Apple leather cases. Very good cases. Light weight, and offer some drop protection. They are also grippy.

I'm going to try Forest Green instead of the usual black (The green is cool:cool: )

markhort

macrumors 68000
Aug 28, 2010
UK
Bought the Apple clear case, I'm still not 100% convinced with it. I'll give it a couple of days, I might swap it out for a Apple Silicone one.

Reactions: caligurl

aloper

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2015
Rocklin, CA
I got the full coverage ESR glass screen protector as it gives edge to edge cover. It’s more expensive but it’s worth it. However it may not work with all cases. I also use an ESR clear case so it works fine with that.

Is this the one you used, by chance? I've got an older, notched screen protector left over from my XS Max that I'm using but thinking of going the full coverage route...

Reactions: Mr.C

IamScotty

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2018
after going with clear cases for all those years on my previous iPhones, I decided to change things up and got the the apple leather case for the Pro, loving it, great grip and matches the color of the phone, great in pocket too.

AppleDior31

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014

I got the ringke fushion too. Seems like a solid case. I like that the tpu isn’t too soft where it becomes too flimsy. Right now it’s crystal clear, but for $9, I’ll just replace when it starts to yellow.

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
Gold iPhone 11 Pro Max with Aubergine Apple Folio case.
Stupid question, but I have never had one of these flip kind of cases before. How does one answer a phone call? Does the flap just brush against your head or are you able to comfortably fold it all the way back? Also, are you able to close the cover and speak through the flap or is that not possible?

The gold phone with the case’s cover look so nice! I wonder if it would look nice with the midnight green, but I feel it would not.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
Do you like those cases? I have just bought one for my future iPhone 11 Pro in MNGreen and I believe it will be good to show the color. Do you have pictures of your previous iPhones in it? :)

How about scratching? My apple clear case had scratches in less than 24 hours!

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
Is this the one you used, by chance? I've got an older, notched screen protector left over from my XS Max that I'm using but thinking of going the full coverage route...

I have that one on my pro max. It looks great! Easiest install of a screen protector EVER with that install frame! It works with the apple case, too!

Reactions: 5105973 and aloper
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.