Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TXVetRN

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2016
Texas
It doesn’t look like the discount codes are working on Mous website I had a code was gonna use for a limitless 3.0 but it stopped working as well.??‍♂️

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
It doesn’t look like the discount codes are working on Mous website I had a code was gonna use for a limitless 3.0 but it stopped working as well.??‍♂️
Mobilereviews Eh on youtube also has a code in his top 10 iphone 11 review. You can see if that still works

TXVetRN

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2016
Texas
Mobilereviews Eh on youtube also has a code in his top 10 iphone 11 review. You can see if that still works

thanks, that is the one that I was using and dragged my feet and now it doesn’t work any longer??‍♂️. It’s hard to pull the trigger when I know it could be had cheaper...

iggypod

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
I have the Apple forest green leather on the midnight green Pro Max. Is anyone having trouble with the fit? Mine doesn’t quite lay flat. The corner near the camera is slightly uneven in relation the other corners which causes it to wobble slightly when laying camera side down.

I have the exact same case on my pro max and it lays completely flat. Maybe consider an exchange?

Reactions: Zensō

TXVetRN

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2016
Texas
For those looking for a discount code for Mous the tech reviewer has one for 15% off that worked for me.

JoeBlow74

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2012
You can’t go wrong with an Otterbox case. Love them.

Attachments

• 5527082B-F01F-4626-9F54-A04B1C7A665C.jpeg
    5527082B-F01F-4626-9F54-A04B1C7A665C.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 162
  • E9BE3FA3-F106-4813-9CD1-403657BEC95A.jpeg
    E9BE3FA3-F106-4813-9CD1-403657BEC95A.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 196
Reactions: tomowl and hicole

Ariaizadi

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2015
Mous offers 30% off for students. You just need access to your school email to get the code.

greenbee

macrumors member
May 6, 2015
My phone has yet to arrive, but I was looking for a nice clear case with drop protection because I have a toddler who loves phones. I ordered the tech 21 clear case and the mous clarity. Wondering if both of those should be sufficient or which one will hold up better? My current case on my xs has been a black tech21 which has done a great job.

lucydrew

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2017
First– thx to all who’ve posted! I’ve tried out many of your suggestions for my 11 Pro max. However, I finally figured out that I have slippery fingertips (dryish skin), so I need a case w a VERY grippy/sticky/tacky feeling. My go-to has always been Tech21 Evo Check, but I was concerned the camera rim wasn’t built up enough??? I’m looking at the Otterbox Defender Pro (the reg defender was too slippery), but it’s huge on a max. Any other suggestions for tough+ extra grippy? Thx in advance!

Jaggrey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2015
Pembroke Pines, FL
First– thx to all who’ve posted! I’ve tried out many of your suggestions for my 11 Pro max. However, I finally figured out that I have slippery fingertips (dryish skin), so I need a case w a VERY grippy/sticky/tacky feeling. My go-to has always been Tech21 Evo Check, but I was concerned the camera rim wasn’t built up enough??? I’m looking at the Otterbox Defender Pro (the reg defender was too slippery), but it’s huge on a max. Any other suggestions for tough+ extra grippy? Thx in advance!

I’m the exact same way. I’m really picky as a result. I did see at the Apple Store an Otterbox Lumen or something like that which had decent grip on the sides. They were out otherwise I may have tried it out.

sk2sep2304

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
Clear Peel case came in...

Pros
-exposed buttons
-very light
-using gestures towards of the bottom of the screen is unobstructed as the case doesn’t reach the front of the screen
-ultra thin, prob thinnest I’ve had just like previous peel cases

cons
-hard plastic which will likely scratch the bezel of the phone
-scratches easily inside of the case showed some scratches after removing the case and reinstalling twice
-frosted/not very transparent material
-no screen protection/no front lip
-$30

Last edited:
Reactions: adrianlondon

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
Rhino shield NX arrived for my 11. Blimey it’s a wide old thing and quite slippery. went for the box which looks ok on the front against the black bezel/screen when off, and the red lip inside helps blend it to the red phone back. got mine with red buttons too. Might like to try a red bumper but I think adding a back might be too much - it’d be so thick

came with a film rear protector though which has me semi-tempted to go without a case, as I have a front screen protector too

Last edited:

Morrissey

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2018
San Diego, California
Bought a cheap Ringke Crystal Clear for my Green Midnight.

I saw that Target had on sale the leather cases: Black & Saddle brown for the Pro Max (in $39.99).

I'm waiting until the Green silicone case goes on sale...

Morrissey

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2018
San Diego, California
Loving Meyer Lemon Apple leather case. Bit worried about how it will age, but couldn’t resist. View attachment 865470 View attachment 865471
It looks So nice! But probably will look so dark in a few months...

A year ago I bought the saddle brown for my old XS Max, and after two months aged horribly, I keep it clean and I took care, because I want an uniformed patina. My friends told me that look Ok, but I didn't like it.

Jaggrey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2015
Pembroke Pines, FL
My newest cases for the Max. Mous Contour (Speckled black leather), Pitaka Mag Case, Caudabe Synthesis (Grey). Of these 3, the Caudabe is my favourite. Good size, grip and drop protection. I use the Pitaka at home, where there's no chance of dropping my phone on stone :)

00B48800-A25B-4B62-A465-5246B742B0D4.jpg

267E4BEE-4C6B-4413-A767-8958AFD50274.jpg

46B58CCE-9648-448F-9ECC-A1A44F053A70.jpg

How wide is the Caudabe Synthesis? How’s the grip compared to the Contour?

I gotta say my Mous Contour is growing on me. Feels really good holding the phone and the texture on the back is good.

rmoliv

macrumors 68000
Dec 20, 2017
The silicone one in pine green and the clear case. Both for the 11 Pro Max. But I’m not using them anymore. I’m tempted to get the leather case in forest green.

Kidder1994

macrumors regular
May 20, 2012
Anybody is having issues selecting a good looking case for Midnight Green iPhone 11 Pro?

I'm thinking about buying one and also a silicone/leather apple case with it but thing is that the only colors that seem to match the phone are green, white and black cases, is it only me?...

In this case should i opt for Space Gray instead?

sabesh

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2007
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
How wide is the Caudabe Synthesis? How’s the grip compared to the Contour?

I gotta say my Mous Contour is growing on me. Feels really good holding the phone and the texture on the back is good.
When I stack them together, I cannot see a width difference. However, the Synthesis feels narrower and is easier to hold - much better grip on the sides compared to the Contour. The Contour has better grip and texture on the back, but I hold my phones by the sides.

Jaggrey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2015
Pembroke Pines, FL
When I stack them together, I cannot see a width difference. However, the Synthesis feels narrower and is easier to hold - much better grip on the sides compared to the Contour. The Contour has better grip and texture on the back, but I hold my phones by the sides.

Dang it. Might try the Synthesis. You guys are killing me.

pcmike

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2007
Lake Worth, FL
I just got my Mous contour and I must say I love this case wayyy more than the limitless 3.0. This one is much better in the hand; it’s not nearly as heavy, it’s a little thinner, and it just makes the phone way more “handable.” Also, the power button is easier to push and this case literally has the same proprietary material lining the case. I don’t feel like I gave up anything in terms of casual drop protection or screen protection, but I’ve gained a much easier phone/case combo to deal with on the daily. Only negative is I had to get a leather back instead of the armid fibre!

With that said, I have a brand new unopened, completely sealed limitless 3.0 (for 11 pro, NOT MAX) I need to get rid of... if someone is interested shoot me a message.

sabesh

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2007
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Rhino shield NX arrived for my 11. Blimey it’s a wide old thing and quite slippery. went for the box which looks ok on the front against the black bezel/screen when off, and the red lip inside helps blend it to the red phone back. got mine with red buttons too. Might like to try a red bumper but I think adding a back might be too much - it’d be so thick

came with a film rear protector though which has me semi-tempted to go without a case, as I have a front screen protector too
All Rhinoshield cases that I've tried have been quite slippery! I use Hexmag grip tapes on them (cut in half).

Reactions: mrklaw
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.