Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Does anyone have the UAG Plyo case? Been using mine for the past few weeks and it has a lot of scratches developing on it.

just got mine today, I didn’t know scratches were an issue before ordering it, but I like the case so far. Unlike the OtterBox this one doesn’t interfere with the screen at all. I like the look and feel of it. I did notice it doesn’t work with one of my Wireless Chargers though. I haven’t tried a different Wireless Charger yet.

Wingzfan61

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2012
I asked OtterBox via Twitter, what the difference between the Viva and Commuter is and they responded that they are the same case, but the Viva is exclusive to WalMart (and of course OtterBox.com).

But, you see a difference?

The viva is thinner and a little lighter.

Good video showing the differrnces.

Wingzfan61

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2012
Always concerned about their tpu. It’s always so flimsy

Typically I have the same concerns however last year I went with a commuter and over the course of a year it held up really well. No folding, looseness etc. case still looks like it did the day I bought it.

The bottoms used to get really flimsy and sag like crazy. Hopefully this one holds up as well as last year.

Ok, onto the actual difference between the commuter and viva. It appears this years commuter is the same as the viva based on images on best buy etc. its definitely different than last years commuter. Im going to try and head to best buy and compare the new commuter and viva side by side. They may very well be the same which makes zero sense why Otterbox would do that.

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
Please do feedback when you get it.
Does anyone have this case? Spigen Liquid Crystal

Finally got my cases. They all fit well. I'm starting with the clear Spigen one.

From left to right:

Red AhaSky silicone. Was €6.99

Clear Spigen "Liquid Crystal:. Was and still is €7.99

Blue AhaSky silicone. Was €6.99

Attachments

• IMG_2673.jpeg
    IMG_2673.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 712
  • IMG_2671.jpeg
    IMG_2671.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 328
  • IMG_2672.jpeg
    IMG_2672.jpeg
    400.3 KB · Views: 311
Last edited:

Kimball

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2010
Finally got my cases. They all fit well. I'm starting with the clear one.

From left to right:

Red AhaSky silicone. Was €6.99

Clear Spigen "Liquid Crystal:. Was and still is €7.99

Blue AhaSky silicone. Was €6.99

Interesting! Hows the feel compared to Apple Silicone Cases?

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
Guys, your views on the following please... Would a Product Red 11 look good with a pine green silicone case? Or does the "red and green should never be seen" apply here also?

Screen Shot 2019-10-04 at 17.16.11.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-04 at 17.12.32.png

muddychicken

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2019
I purchased a mous 3.0 from their main website last week and got it in the mail yesterday evening. Disappointed and waiting for support to reach out for a replacement. I received my case and it is extremely bowed.

IMG_0105.JPEG

Attachments

• IMG_0106.JPEG
    IMG_0106.JPEG
    461.4 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_0104.JPEG
    IMG_0104.JPEG
    539.4 KB · Views: 220

Bexx

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2012
UK
It’s funny you should mention it now because I was thinking of picking one up for pop socket use. I like to have at least one case for a pop socket. Lol, my teenager got me started on them and it does help on days my wrist and pinky are strained.
I’ve stuck one of these on my ringke. Will do the job until my Loopy case arrives.

kwmobile finger holder set of 3... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078HRY38Z?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

That looks awesome with the gold phone. Now I really can’t wait to receive my leopard print Loopy.

Shark5150

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2014
Dallas, Texas
just got mine today, I didn’t know scratches were an issue before ordering it, but I like the case so far. Unlike the OtterBox this one doesn’t interfere with the screen at all. I like the look and feel of it. I did notice it doesn’t work with one of my Wireless Chargers though. I haven’t tried a different Wireless Charger yet.
Is yours very difficult to remove?
[automerge]1570223659[/automerge]
Well so far I tried a Caudabe Lucid Clear. That had worked so perfectly on my Xr I thought there was no way I would use anything else again. And maybe for the iPhone 11 they’re still great.
But this time I got an iPhone 11 Pro and the case just didn’t feel as nice to me. I don’t know exactly what is wrong but straight out of the box it didn’t look like the same quality. On the phone I think the power button was too close to the case. And it scratches so easily compared to my old case.

So I tried the Ringke Fusion. I thought it was perfection at first. But there are two little holes on the back toward the bottom corners. I don’t know what they’re there for but they let pocket lint in. I’ve got cats so there’s a tiny cat hair that got through, too.

Next was the Ringke Air-S.

View attachment 866116
Air-S is really nice. It’s like an Apple Silicone case but more sturdy and gives coverage on the bottom. I’ve used it on the wireless charger and it’s fine. I haven’t discovered anything to complain about except I would like more colors.

I still wanted one see through case that would let me see the Midnight Green so I tried one more case. Also I had dropped my iPhone XR (the Caudabe lucid clear saved it from harm) so I decided to look for a rugged clear case.

I was looking at UAG but saw complaints on Amazon that the rim didn’t raise up enough to protect the display. Also their branding obscured a good portion of the back including the Apple logo. And they cost about $40

I found a much cheaper clone in the Poetic Affinity:

View attachment 866113

View attachment 866114
The price was right at Amazon at $12.95 and an extra 10% coupon.

The sides are a pliable TPU that flexes enough to get the phone in and out easily without fear of scratches. The clear plastic is a bit frosted to resist fingerprints. But the color shows through really well. In some ways it looks better than through flat clear plastic. I really like that it’s easy to grip and very light. Even though it looks rugged it doesn’t weigh the phone down. It looks nice and button covers are easy to press.

I was very pleasantly surprised. It appears to be well rated on Amazon so far
In my opinion, the Lucid Clear is the same as it's always been. No change in feel or materials used.

reebs

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2004
apple iPhone cases for the 11, 11 pro and pro max are on sale on target.com limited colors, just bought the saddle leather for $39

Reactions: 5105973

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Silver, I might return it though since I want something that shows off the silver sides
I have silver too. Had gold last year so I wanted to switch it up this time. I’m going to see if I can get something like that on amazon. I’ve just got a clear case on at the moment.

Mel8899

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2017
Ordered the Spigen Liquid Crystal- Crystal Quarts. I’ll let it tomorrow!
I have the Spigen Liquid Air and like it but I wanted something other than black.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Is yours very difficult to remove?
[automerge]1570223659[/automerge]

In my opinion, the Lucid Clear is the same as it's always been. No change in feel or materials used.
I wonder if mine is just a bit “off”. The back looks less clear and flat than the one for my Xr. It’s a little wavy and it got scuffed in a day of easy use to a level that it’s taken my Xr case months to accumulate. I suppose I could contact them for an exchange.
[automerge]1570231778[/automerge]
Guys, your views on the following please... Would a Product Red 11 look good with a pine green silicone case? Or does the "red and green should never be seen" apply here also?

View attachment 866471

View attachment 866469
Where are you getting a pine green silicone case for the iPhone 11 from? I thought Apple only had black and white!

If you have a chance at it, I think it would look Christmas-y, but nice.

Reactions: scouser75

TitleistGolfer

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2015
Does the Nomad rugged offer more drop protection than the apple leather case? Any other options for a leather case with drop protection. I tried the Mous case but sent it back. It was too slippery

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Does the Nomad rugged offer more drop protection than the apple leather case? Any other options for a leather case with drop protection. I tried the Mous case but sent it back. It was too slippery
Try the x doria prime. Has a great feel and 10 feet of drop protection.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.