Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Finally got my Mous contour and I really like this case but idk how I feel about the buttons. It’s between this and the SolidSuit for me right now. I love the slimness in the Contour and the great fit.
[automerge]1570332546[/automerge]
For those who prefer cases firm to the phone, at Technically Tees advise, I picked up the caseology vault. For $8.99 at Amazon, wow! Great fit
Man that fit is so good. The best It’s ever been for the Vault series.

Reactions: AE14

J3WMH

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2019
Bay Area
Is the texture of the Mous like the Sheath? Which one has more texture to it? The Sheath has a nice texture but still felt a little slick to me.

The Mous definitely has more texture than the Sheath. But the Mous is also a thicker case. I’ve stopped using it for now and been rocking no case. Thankful for the AppleCare

Reactions: Jaggrey

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
Has anyone tried both the Mous Contour and Nomad Rugged? If so, how do they compare?

Sal09

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I hope you all are well.

Any good clear case recommendations to show off midnight green. My other half likes Apple Clear Case but open bottom is a big no no.

For myself Ive ordered Nomad Active Rugged case in black for my space grey 11 pro I also really like the look of Mous Contour but them cut outs are hideous.

Waiting on the phone to be delivered as my carrier do not have them in stock.

Among all this i sold my XS using paypal. Two days after it being signed and delivered buyer opened a chargeback claim for £640 and initially it was ruled in buyer’s favour as unauthorised order. Same day my partner got her 11 pro which she still haven’t been able to set it up properly because of this ordeal.
Anyways i rang my bank and informed them about the issue and also rang police to open a crime reference.
Contacted paypal next morning and provided full trail of evidence to open an appeal.
Next day received an email stating upon second review the initial decision was upheld. I rang paypal again and was advised i did not provide tracking number. But i did as a jpeg attachment. The agent advised me to stay on the phone whilst he confirm and speak with agent reviewing my case. After 10 mins or so he came back and gave me the good news that decision had been reversed in my favour. Apparently buyer used VPN again to sign in after the case was logged and left a trace on his account that matches when he made the purchase. I was so relieved that ipunched the air in middle of my work place. Never selling my iphone again lol.

Sal

Reactions: pcmike

sabesh

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2007
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Intriguing. Might check that one out. I already have too many cases. I need to start returning them. I’ve got a Ringke Fusion which I may return if I like the Mous Clarity that’s coming, and I have a Mous Contour which has grown on me quite nicely.

Is there a big difference between the Battersea and the Contour as far as grip? It says on the site it has that soft touch coating, which I love. That’s always top priority for me to keep from dropping my phone in the first place.

The Battersea has soft grippy texture on the sides. Battersea's back is ridged and feels softer. The Clarity has the same amount of grip as Battersea on the sides and grippier at the back (Clarity has a "gummy" texture).

Yes, the Battersea is much grippier than the Contour on the sides. The Contour Speckled version is slightly grippier than the Battersea at the back. BTW, the clear version of Battersea isn't as grippy as the black version.

Yup, I have too many cases as well. It's a crazy hobby, lol. The Mous Contour has also grown on me. The speckled version looks good. I'll keep it in the rotation. I have couple of more cases coming - Nomad Active and Caudabe Sheath.

Reactions: Jaggrey

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
The Battersea has soft grippy texture on the sides. Battersea's back is ridged and feels softer. The Clarity has the same amount of grip as Battersea on the sides and grippier at the back (Clarity has a "gummy" texture).

Yes, the Battersea is much grippier than the Contour on the sides. The Contour Speckled version is slightly grippier than the Battersea at the back. BTW, the clear version of Battersea isn't as grippy as the black version.

Yup, I have too many cases as well. It's a crazy hobby, lol. The Mous Contour has also grown on me. The speckled version looks good. I'll keep it in the rotation. I have couple of more cases coming - Nomad Active and Caudabe Sheath.
Could you please let me know how the Nomad Rugged Active compares to the Mous Contour?

Super Spartan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2018
Dubai
I got the yellow leather case for my 11 Pro:

Apple-MRGJ2ZM-A-5.jpg

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019

Jaggrey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2015
Pembroke Pines, FL

Nice thanks for the insight. I might try the Battersea and then compare the three of them and try to decide.... lol. I have the speckled version of the Contour which has a decent amount of grip.

I had the Nomad Folio which I liked, but I haven’t bought the regular Active. I also tried the Sheath before with the XS and liked the texture, but somehow it seemed slick at the same time.

DigitalGrl

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2014
Dallas, TX
I've been rocking the Torras clear for the weekend...really digging this case when I'm not using my leather

ef209b583ef3488bb7ffe6c68587d7bb.jpg
809e2cfb91d23685ad0e261200fdeb79.jpg
592d0c500bdac5737372a12c2f6758a9.jpg
7a2649b30429b51f2d6364a68b41b69a.jpg
1a67c7b5383daf9b0d38862325958ecc.jpg

fe627ce5f4e88494e64bcc2e61e4327b.jpg
Good clear case for protecting the cameras? Having a hard time finding a clear case that does that.

Shark5150

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2014
Dallas, Texas
I’ve only removed it a couple time, it’s a little bit tough but nothing I’d complain about. The tight fit is worth it
On my last XS Max, it was more than tough. Took 15 minutes to remove. Had to resort to heating it up with a hairdryer once. Shame, since I lived the feel of the case.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I've been rocking the Torras clear for the weekend...really digging this case when I'm not using my leather

ef209b583ef3488bb7ffe6c68587d7bb.jpg
809e2cfb91d23685ad0e261200fdeb79.jpg
592d0c500bdac5737372a12c2f6758a9.jpg
7a2649b30429b51f2d6364a68b41b69a.jpg
1a67c7b5383daf9b0d38862325958ecc.jpg

fe627ce5f4e88494e64bcc2e61e4327b.jpg

Strangely enough they don’t seem to have it for the 11 Pro Max. ?
[automerge]1570393444[/automerge]
Hi All,

I hope you all are well.

Any good clear case recommendations to show off midnight green. My other half likes Apple Clear Case but open bottom is a big no no.

For myself Ive ordered Nomad Active Rugged case in black for my space grey 11 pro I also really like the look of Mous Contour but them cut outs are hideous.

Waiting on the phone to be delivered as my carrier do not have them in stock.

Among all this i sold my XS using paypal. Two days after it being signed and delivered buyer opened a chargeback claim for £640 and initially it was ruled in buyer’s favour as unauthorised order. Same day my partner got her 11 pro which she still haven’t been able to set it up properly because of this ordeal.
Anyways i rang my bank and informed them about the issue and also rang police to open a crime reference.
Contacted paypal next morning and provided full trail of evidence to open an appeal.
Next day received an email stating upon second review the initial decision was upheld. I rang paypal again and was advised i did not provide tracking number. But i did as a jpeg attachment. The agent advised me to stay on the phone whilst he confirm and speak with agent reviewing my case. After 10 mins or so he came back and gave me the good news that decision had been reversed in my favour. Apparently buyer used VPN again to sign in after the case was logged and left a trace on his account that matches when he made the purchase. I was so relieved that ipunched the air in middle of my work place. Never selling my iphone again lol.

Sal

This is what I am using.

cdames00

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2012
I just picked up a Lifeproof Next for my 11 Pro Max. So far I like it, it seems much slimmer than before

Reactions: Tdosthp

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
On my last XS Max, it was more than tough. Took 15 minutes to remove. Had to resort to heating it up with a hairdryer once. Shame, since I lived the feel of the case.

oh, wow. Nothing like that.
While I actually really like the UAG Plyo, I picked up a leather Apple case in saddle brown today. The odd shape of the Plyo feels great, looks great, and I like it a lot. But, it didn’t work well with my car mount. So back to the Apple case for me

Reactions: Shark5150

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
Nomad Active for 11 pro.
I had the black rugged for Xr which had no lip at all with a SP, and the buttons were ok. The Active has a small lip which is perfect, but the buttons are very stiff, especially volume. Leather is not as nice although waterproof.
Returned mine will stick with the apple black Leather.

IMG_0024.jpeg
IMG_0025.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.