Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles
Really torn between the Mous Contour and Limitless 3.0. Both are amazing cases. Love the feel of the contour and overall grip. The buttons on the limitless feel a bit better (not quiet as mushy) and the wood back looks so much better to me than the speckled black contour (I may check out other colors). First world problems on my hands here.

Reactions: Glideslope

pcmike

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2007
Lake Worth, FL
Really torn between the Mous Contour and Limitless 3.0. Both are amazing cases. Love the feel of the contour and overall grip. The buttons on the limitless feel a bit better (not quiet as mushy) and the wood back looks so much better to me than the speckled black contour (I may check out other colors). First world problems on my hands here.
I have both... limitless 3.0 in armid fibre and contour in black and hands down I much prefer the contour. The limitless is definitely heavier and thicker and for no reason at all! The magnets are essentially proprietary and only work with their accessories it seems. The limitless case doesn’t even stick to a piece of solid stainless steel.

In fact, I have a second limitless 3.0 case I ordered sitting on the kitchen counter completely sealed and never opened. If anyone is really wanting this case, just message me.

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles
I have both... limitless 3.0 in armid fibre and contour in black and hands down I much prefer the contour. The limitless is definitely heavier and thicker and for no reason at all! The magnets are essentially proprietary and only work with their accessories it seems. The limitless case doesn’t even stick to a piece of solid stainless steel.

In fact, I have a second limitless 3.0 case I ordered sitting on the kitchen counter completely sealed and never opened. If anyone is really wanting this case, just message me.
I ordered a plain black version of the Contour to check out. If it’s even nearly as grippy as the speckled black I’ll likely stick with the contour.

Jaggrey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2015
Pembroke Pines, FL
I ordered a plain black version of the Contour to check out. If it’s even nearly as grippy as the speckled black I’ll likely stick with the contour.

I’d be interested in knowing this also. Really eyeing that blue but got the speckled black for the supposed better grip.

Jaggrey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2015
Pembroke Pines, FL

Do you have a picture of both? Is there any difference in the in hand feel of either?

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles
Do you have a picture of both? Is there any difference in the in hand feel of either?
I’ll post some picks of both tomorrow. Huge difference in feel in the hand. The contour feels thin and grippy, really a perfect balance (I think a lot of grippiness comes from the speckled black version). The limitless feels a bit more heavy, not as contoured, pardon the pun, and much more slick given the wooden back.

Jaggrey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2015
Pembroke Pines, FL
I’ll post some picks of both tomorrow. Huge difference in feel in the hand. The contour feels thin and grippy, really a perfect balance (I think a lot of grippiness comes from the speckled black version). The limitless feels a bit more heavy, not as contoured, pardon the pun, and much more slick given the wooden back.

Nice. Sounds like a home run for the Contour. Well that almost settles it for me. I have a Clarity on the way so it’ll be between those two.

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
Still hunting cases.

I returned the Apple leather case - too slippery and the Mous Contour Speckled - sent the wrong size, but wasn’t as thrilled with it for the price. I tried 3 more cases that all are going back today - one of those could have been a keeper, but again, it was very slippery. So far, the Spigen Liquid Crystal and a Sankmi Clear Case (Amazon) have been my keepers.

On order:
Case Yard Hummingbird case (clear). I had a colored wood case from them last year that I loved.
Zizo Division Séries - Black Stellar Case (looks like it’s sold out now)
A marble design back case - we’ll see. I want a nice marble design, but I am particular on how the design looks. I also don’t like cheap prints on cheap silicone cases.

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
Mine are a bit mushy, you can actually feel the travel between the case and the buttons if you play with them. This was one of the pluses of the limitless 3.0, it was much more clicky.
That's a real shame... Thanks for the quick answer though!

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Hey, what are your favorite cases this time around?
I am actually not that thrilled with any of them. I have tried the following (order in list of preference)
  • Caseology Vault
  • X-Doria Prime
  • Spigen Liquid Air
  • Speck Presidio Grip
  • X-Doria Tactical
  • Evutec Karbon
  • Tech21 Evo Check
  • Armadillo Tek Vanguard
My search is still continuing

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I am actually not that thrilled with any of them. I have tried the following (order in list of preference)
  • Caseology Vault
  • X-Doria Prime
  • Spigen Liquid Air
  • Speck Presidio Grip
  • X-Doria Tactical
  • Evutec Karbon
  • Tech21 Evo Check
  • Armadillo Tek Vanguard
My search is still continuing
Why no love for Apple's cases?

pcmike

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2007
Lake Worth, FL
Massive difference in hand feel, for sure. The limitless makes the phone feel heavy in hand, no such issue with the contour. It’s really a night and day difference.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Not tried it but I really like this Nomad Active Rugged.

76036D4D-E158-45C4-BCCA-2D14F6DAFDFB.jpeg
11F2E8E9-BC6B-456A-B1DF-10745DEC5D7E.jpeg

pcmike

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2007
Lake Worth, FL
I agree with this. Not a deal breaker but something I noticed.
Agree as well. My volume buttons are stiffer and the power is a little looser. Honestly, I prefer the feel of the power button to that of the volume because it’s easier to press. I’ll take the tiny bit of travel over super stiff any day.

Reactions: sk2sep2304

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
The clear case does nothing for me, and the silicone is a dust magnet.

I used to really love their leather (iPhone 5s version) but feel it has become a bit slippery and cheap for the cost

My black this year is not slippery, more like a mujjo for grip.

Reactions: AE14
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.