Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles
Got my Mous contour today, the speckled black. This case is amazing. Feels great in the hand and not too bulky, the leather on the back has a great grippy texture and the plastic frame has a great feel also. Feels super thin overall and I tend to position my pinky finger under the lightning port when holding the phone and there are no sharp/irritating edges as well. Overall I’m crazy impressed, I saw MobileReviiewsEh going nuts on how great these cases are and I agree with him 100%.

I’ve got a limitless 3.0 to try coming tomorrow (wanted to see if the magnetic system is interchangeable with another one I use) but this case is going to be hard to beat.

Reactions: J3WMH and Jaggrey

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
Got my Mous contour today, the speckled black. This case is amazing. Feels great in the hand and not too bulky, the leather on the back has a great grippy texture and the plastic frame has a great feel also. Feels super thin overall and I tend to position my pinky finger under the lightning port when holding the phone and there are no sharp/irritating edges as well. Overall I’m crazy impressed, I saw MobileReviiewsEh going nuts on how great these cases are and I agree with him 100%.

I’ve got a limitless 3.0 to try coming tomorrow (wanted to see if the magnetic system is interchangeable with another one I use) but this case is going to be hard to beat.

So the speckled leather is better grip than the non black? what about the big lip on bottom for swiping? and is the no lip on the sides a bit odd or not?

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles
So the speckled leather is better grip than the non black? what about the big lip on bottom for swiping? and is the no lip on the sides a bit odd or not?
Unfortunately I can’t say for certain on the grippiness since this is the only color I have but from the reviews I’ve seen it appears that the Contour Colour series is more grippy that the regular Contour. I was worried about the lip at the bottom initially but since having it on my phone I can say that it doesn’t interfere. As for the sides it just feels natural. You don’t notice the variable lip along the side at all.

I go through a lot of cases (keep too many and return a lot as well); it’s been a long time since I’ve been this impressed with a case. I also tried the Rhinoshield Solidsuit and there is honestly no comparison for me, the Mous Contour is better hands down.

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
Unfortunately I can’t say for certain on the grippiness since this is the only color I have but from the reviews I’ve seen it appears that the Contour Colour series is more grippy that the regular Contour. I was worried about the lip at the bottom initially but since having it on my phone I can say that it doesn’t interfere. As for the sides it just feels natural. You don’t notice the variable lip along the side at all.

I go through a lot of cases (keep too many and return a lot as well); it’s been a long time since I’ve been this impressed with a case. I also tried the Rhinoshield Solidsuit and there is honestly no comparison for me, the Mous Contour is better hands down.

Yeah i do too but am trying this time to just try the new versions of some, ie the nomad active i posted above. Can't get the Mous here yet and it's $69AUD from US which is probably what it will be anyway when comes over.
I decided last year not buying from OS anymore, shipping too long and too hard to return if problem or no like.

Bexx

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2012
UK

I’ve been eying the contour for the last two weeks and hoping it would be on Amazon UK. However, I just saw MobileReviews video last night and with his 20% discount code, bit the bullet and ordered the white one directly from their website. I’ve not seen this colour reviewed and I usually don’t choose white, but I really thought it popped in the product photos and I love the little black corner accent for the camera lenses. Looks like a one-eyed panda lol.
I’ll add photos when it’s here, hopefully later this week.

Reactions: TNThomas

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
Reactions: Hooterville

Sal09

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
If you know someone with Student Bean account in UK. Get discount code from them. 30% off MOUS UK
9A987201-8C3F-49BD-9137-04261A0A4747.png

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Trying not to end up with a ton of cases since I know come new phone time I’m upgrading but... lately I’ve been enjoying this Insignia case, surprisingly.

Are the cutouts asymmetrical?

GloriousAndrew

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2017
37A4F41B-D447-4668-8B01-E5698150C234.jpeg
5671CA10-BB01-4188-94F6-807495717BC8.jpeg

This is the first year I’ve ever purchased an Apple leather case and I am so glad that I did especially for $39.99 at Target. Unlike what other people have told me, it feels great in my hands. Not slippery at all. The saddle brown goes really well with my leather Apple Watch band and my shoes. Now my work outfit coordination is stupendous. ?

I may even pick up the black leather as well.

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
Buhh... someone had to mention the Student Beans college discount on Mous... I used my edu email and was given the 30% off and ordered 3 cases

This does work in the US. You just need a college edu email.

zekkragnos

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2010
I've been rocking the Torras clear for the weekend...really digging this case when I'm not using my leather

ef209b583ef3488bb7ffe6c68587d7bb.jpg
809e2cfb91d23685ad0e261200fdeb79.jpg
592d0c500bdac5737372a12c2f6758a9.jpg
7a2649b30429b51f2d6364a68b41b69a.jpg
1a67c7b5383daf9b0d38862325958ecc.jpg

fe627ce5f4e88494e64bcc2e61e4327b.jpg
how are the buttons? I heard they are hard to press.

sk2sep2304

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
Power Support and Totallee came in late last week and I think they're the 2 best cases I've tried out for the 11.

PS Air Jacket is a nice hard case and feels close to caseless and not cheap like TPU.
pros
-exposed buttons (pro to me at least)
-very tightly but didn't crack like the clear Apple case did after 3-5 removals
-front screen lip
-accurate cutouts

cons
~$40
-dot matrix to avoid bubbles on the inside of the case (the case is hard just like the clear Apple case so it doesn't';t seem like it needs the matrix)
-feels wide in my hands
-slight imperfection in the mold
-no rear camera lip but case back seems thick enough so that the cameras don't protrude
interesting bottom cutout near the button of the screen (probably to make removing and installing a bit easier)
-bottom corners don't have front screen lip protection

Totallee just felt like the highest quality soft TPU case, but not $20 better.
pros
-buttons click ok, not as good as naked or Apple leather case clicks (this is why I like the exposed buttons)
-accurate cutouts
-camera lip protection
-front camera protection

cons
-dot matrix
-power button doesn't click as well as the volume buttons
-not worth the +$20 over the generic TPU cases like Ravoo

Last edited:

rperalta

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2007
Hercules, CA
Power Support and Totallee came in late last week and I think they're the 2 best cases I've tried out for the 11.

PS Air Jacket is a nice hard case and feels close to caseless and not cheap like TPU.

pros
-exposed buttons (pro to me at least)
-very tightly but didn't crack like the clear Apple case did after 3-5 removals
-front screen lip
-accurate cutouts

cons
~$40
-dot matrix to avoid bubbles on the inside of the case (the case is hard just like the clear Apple case so it doesn't';t seem like it needs the matrix)
-feels wide in my hands
-slight imperfection in the mold
-no rear camera lip but case back seems thick enough so that the cameras don't protrude
interesting bottom cutout near the button of the screen (probably to make removing and installing a bit easier)

Totallee just felt like the highest quality soft TPU case, but not $20 better.

pros
-buttons click ok, not as good as naked or Apple leather case clicks (this is why I like the exposed buttons)
-accurate cutouts
-camera lip protection
-front camera protection

cons
-dot matrix
-power button doesn't click as well as the volume buttons
-not worth the +$20 over the generic TPU cases like Ravoo
Pics please especially for the Power Support Air Jacket? Which one do you like better?

Reactions: blaine07

sk2sep2304

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
Pics please especially for the Power Support Air Jacket? Which one do you like better?

They're different types of cases - I'd go for the Air Jacket if I wasn't too worried about drop protection and wanted a hard case. I'd go with the Totallee if I wanted a TPU/rubber case.

Then the Torras if I wanted more protection and didn't mind more bulk. Buttons and fit are nice on the Torras.

A few quick pictures of the Power Support Air Jacket.

IMG_6237.JPG

IMG_6238.JPG
IMG_6230.JPG

IMG_6232.JPG
IMG_6236.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0048.jpg
    IMG_0048.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 808
  • IMG_0045.jpg
    IMG_0045.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 736
  • IMG_0044.jpg
    IMG_0044.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 754
  • IMG_0046.jpg
    IMG_0046.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 727
Last edited:

rperalta

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2007
Hercules, CA
They're different types of cases - I'd go for the Air Jacket if I wasn't too worried about drop protection and wanted a hard case. I'd go with the Totallee if I wanted a TPU/rubber case.

Then the Torras if I wanted more protection and didn't mind more bulk. Buttons and fit are nice on the Torras.

A few quick pictures of the Power Support Air Jacket. I'll try to remember to take pics with a camera soon.

View attachment 867500
View attachment 867501 View attachment 867502 View attachment 867503
Thank you sk2sep2304! The Power Support Air Jacket looks nice and has no branding at all. I can see why you said it makes your iPhone 11 wider in your hand.

Reactions: sk2sep2304

cristinax321

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2016
Los Angeles, CA
I had never used an Apple leather case until this year and I'm thinking I'll be sticking to it. It is nice and clean and seems to offer sufficient protection for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.