Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phr34k

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2008
Atlanta
So, the AT&T store messed up provisioning my account causing me to make 3 unneeded trips over there.. The guy has told me that as soon as I get my phone today via ups, he will fix his screw up and I can have any case on the wall for my pro... I said really? He nodded. Now I'm trying to decide WTF to do if price isnt a factor.. I work in a dusty environment so I'm thinking something mil-spec lol..

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
Alright, Mous is off my list for sure! Those cases and the packaging is just sad to see from a company like Mous.

Nomad is again at the top of my list...

Sal09

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Alright, Mous is off my list for sure! Those cases and the packaging is just sad to see from a company like Mous.

Nomad is again at the top of my list...

I love Nomad Active Rugged. Going to order another one.

As far as Mous are concerned sending both Contour and Clarity back. Awaiting on Mous support to get back to me with return form etc. Lets see how long will that take.

Reactions: TNThomas

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2008
Yeah on the topic of Mous.. I've always felt that their cases were pretty junk. Especially in comparison of the competition. I also remember getting completely spammed by Mous ads back when it was the 2.0 or 3.0 on all social medias and youtube reviews lol.

Marketing was strong but the overall products... meh.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
How is the camera protection with this case?
I have had 2 xs max lenses crack....and I rarely, if ever drop my phone.....

Thanks

I would say the camera protection is nil to none on this case. Dropping your phone in this case would be about the same as dropping the phone naked.

Reactions: AE14

sk2sep2304

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
After all 10+ or so cases, I returned all of them and went with the line green leather Apple case.

I had to “massage” the volume buttons to get them to click nicely. I don’t think I had to do that to my previous saddle brown case for my 8+.

Another point of feedback - the Peel case is a cloud/milky white and not crystal clear.

Bswartz95

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2011
Cleveland , OH
What t
I love Nomad Active Rugged. Going to order another one.

As far as Mous are concerned sending both Contour and Clarity back. Awaiting on Mous support to get back to me with return form etc. Lets see how long will that take.

What’s the big difference between the “Active Rugged” and the “Rugged”. Water resistance? The prices are the same. I agree with others - the Mocha is nice.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
What t

What’s the big difference between the “Active Rugged” and the “Rugged”. Water resistance? The prices are the same. I agree with others - the Mocha is nice.
Active Rugged is german leather (and not horween leather) which has been treated. Initially it does not feel like leather but the texture and how it feel has changed after few days of usage.
[automerge]1570834164[/automerge]
Any real pictures of the Mocha anywhere?

Attachments

• 9FFA0A12-EFDF-4236-9556-2C49726F3A69.jpeg
    9FFA0A12-EFDF-4236-9556-2C49726F3A69.jpeg
    265.2 KB · Views: 162

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Active Rugged is german leather (and not horween leather) which has been treated. Initially it does not feel like leather but the texture and how it feel has changed after few days of usage.
[automerge]1570834164[/automerge]

Is it a brown color or more of a washed out black?

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
I must of got a dud, might try again. The active has a bit more lip than the rugged, rugged has 0 with a GSP.
Have you experienced this yourself? The Nomad website state both cases ate exactly the same besides the leather.

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
What t

Besides the leather Active is a touch bigger and has more lip, here's a good video shows the difference from the 5min mark.

[automerge]1570840186[/automerge]
Have you experienced this yourself? The Nomad website state both cases ate exactly the same besides the leather.

I had XR rugged and 11 pro Active. But new rugged seems same from asking a seller and videos i have found. The active gives just enough lip like apple case with a GSP. See video.

Last edited:

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
Thanks for the quick answer! The Active seems the version to get: slightly more protection and more durable leather.

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
Thanks for the quick answer! The Active seems the version to get: slightly more protection and more durable leather.

Yes i agree, going to get another black one, the brown rugged looks great aged but my black Xr rugged just looked a dull black with marks/scratches.

Anyone got the Nomad AirPods case and their charger base? might go all out.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
nope, do you reckon the pathfinder gets a bit more grip with use or stays same?

Been using it for 3 or 4 days and and it's OK. Don't know if the grip is getting better or I'm just getting use to it.
I'm also going to get the all black Monarch which has much better grip.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.