Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
Been using it for 3 or 4 days and and it's OK. Don't know if the grip is getting better or I'm just getting use to it.
I'm also going to get the all black Monarch which has much better grip.

Ok might persist with it. Monarch is like $80AUD here v $45 for a pathfinder, last few Monarchs i got had saggy top and bottom syndrome. UAG cases are always comfy on the pinky while holding them.
[automerge]1570842527[/automerge]
Just got the nomad rugged. Best case I have had. Tried the mous contour, apple leather, tech 21, otter box. Nice leather with drop protection

Are you using a glass screen protector? If so any lip with it?

TitleistGolfer

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2015
I see the lifeproof fre for the pro max is on amazon but out of stock currently. I’ve always liked those cases sans the screen protector as it seems like it has good protection. Maybe buy that and just remove the screen protector on it
[automerge]1570844155[/automerge]
Ok might persist with it. Monarch is like $80AUD here v $45 for a pathfinder, last few Monarchs i got had saggy top and bottom syndrome. UAG cases are always comfy on the pinky while holding them.
[automerge]1570842527[/automerge]

Are you using a glass screen protector? If so any lip with it?
Yes I have a glass screen protector and no lip

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
Tried the RhinoShield SolidSuit but it’s going back. The volume buttons feel weird. I think it’s cause they’re removable. So a no for both the SolidSuit and Mous Contour for me.

So far my only keepers are Patchworks Level ITG and the Apple leather case.

Reactions: AE14

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles
Tried the RhinoShield SolidSuit but it’s going back. The volume buttons feel weird. I think it’s cause they’re removable. So a no for both the SolidSuit and Mous Contour for me.

So far my only keepers are Patchworks Level ITG and the Apple leather case.
Yeah I’m in the same boat with both of those cases (returning). The Caudabe Sheath is my go to at the moment.

Reactions: sabesh

Jaggrey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2015
Pembroke Pines, FL
I got my Mous Clarity and I’m not really impressed. Felt bigger in my hands than the Contour. Mine was fine and looked brand new, but..... nah. Sticking with the Contour for now. I might take a look at that Otterbox Lumen or whatever it is when I’m at the Apple store this weekend.

Has anyone had both the Contour and the Nomad? I might have read that in this thread but I don’t remember.

This is all Evutec’s fault. If they hadn’t changed their soft touch coating I wouldn’t even be here... lol.

PeytonT123

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2018
US
I think I purchased something similar to what you describe on eBay in ORANGE (more orange cases please). God only knows when it’ll get here though. Wondering why some of the ultra thin cases cover the bump and some don’t. How is the fit?

The fit is solid! Fits snug like the Totallee does, none of the cutouts are off or anything. Also, it's hard to tell but it looks like there's maybe the tiniest little lip around the camera bump, which is good.

victoriani

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2013
Hertfordshire, UK
ESR glass protector which leaves way to much space, very disappointed. The shop I ordered from didnt have more then 1 ESR-protector available so I totally missed the fact that they make several different designs/sizes...
Very happy with the leather case from Decoded though, super similar to my iPhone X Apple Leather dito and smells alot more like leather! View attachment 868375 View attachment 868373 View attachment 868375

Looks really nice. Might see if I can get one for mine. Miss having a leather case. Had one for my X previously and it was on there for two years. Does it add much bulk?

MacWins

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2017
Totally satisfied with my crystal clear Spigen Ultra Hybrid and white Apple silicone case (11 Pro Max).
2 different style, 2 different grip, but they look both beautiful to me!
ba762ca4c635d3802bcfcae4dfb27bdd.jpg

Toratek

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2019
So how did the clear apple cases stand up to dirt etc? I’ve had 3rd party ones in the past but they really attracted dirt on the inside which the became visible.

so the answer is... not very well. On my SG, the clear case shows rub marks inside the edges, which create big whitish specks that look like dirt between the phone and case. Unacceptable. Might be ok on a silver model, but a deal breaker on the dark phone. Tried to clean them off with Plexus but no joy.

Gone back to a silicone Apple case for weekends/motorbike/gun competition trips, and the Meyer lemon leather case for casual use.

That lemon case is beautiful but probably not long lived in its current pristine form. However, unlike plastic, worn leather has a certain charm.

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
View attachment 868610

Chips on the tpu. I can catch them with my nails. Defo returning it.

That’s how my Mous Contour looked. Warped, scratched on the edges, and poor quality. I paid too much for it to arrive like that. Since I ordered from Amazon, it was an easy return for me. Sorry that happened to you, hopefully your return goes smoothly.

As for me, I went random case shopping again. Found a nice leather case from Bodyguardz I’m hopeful will fit what I’m looking for. It will be a week before it arrives. I have several others coming over the next few days. I only have one phone, but I always buy many cases. Yes, I have a problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sal09

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
How is the tpu around the buttons and at the bottom?

It's pretty good. The buttons are sealed and very tactile. The sides are somewhat grippy and the cutouts are correct and smooth on the bottom. There is zero lip on the front so your screen would definitely smack the ground on a face first drop. Would I have purchased this case if I had seen it in person first, No.
[automerge]1570902311[/automerge]
I ordered my Clarity from Mous and my Contour from Amazon. Both arrived looking brand new.

Did they arrive in full retail packing or only half retail and a cardboard box?

Reactions: AE14
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.