Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TopherMan12

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2019
Atlanta, GA
Got the UAG Plyo. Really like this case.
https://urbanarmorgear.com/products/plyo-series-iphone-11-pro-max-case

Apple_iPhone_2019_65_Plyo_ICE-00_STD_MAIN.212_737x.png

Bswartz95

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2011
Cleveland , OH
I have a midnight blue leather case, but I also snagged one of these cheaper cases from Amazon - Anyos Transluscent

Attachments

• 5B9DA99B-A25C-4B45-BFBC-1AC16B6B1B39.jpeg
    5B9DA99B-A25C-4B45-BFBC-1AC16B6B1B39.jpeg
    452.7 KB · Views: 125

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
So these are the cases that have been keepers thus far:

Spigen Liquid Crystal Glitter
Sankmi Clear
Case Yard Hummingbird
Zizo Division Series Black Stellar
Topwin Peacock

I’ve returned about as many as I have kept. Not great selections yet. Maybe manufacturers are still adjusting to the new form factor and more will be seen during the holiday season.

I will say that I’m disappointed in the Spigen case in that it is already starting to yellow. I’ve only had the phone for about 2 weeks and haven’t used that case everyday. I can tell because the Sankmi is still crystal clear.

The Topwin case was random because I like peacocks and it was $6 after a coupon discount. The design could be better, but I like the feel of it.

The Zizo is what I hoped the Mous Contour would be. A little rugged, but not bulky. This fits that need and I like the design better as well.

The Case Yard Hummingbird is my favorite of the clear cases right now. Love the feel and not bulky at all for the protection provided.
D91DEE60-7C37-4910-8F16-8535623A50AA.jpeg

Mel8899

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2017
So these are the cases that have been keepers thus far:

Spigen Liquid Crystal Glitter
Sankmi Clear
Case Yard Hummingbird
Zizo Division Series Black Stellar
Topwin Peacock

I’ve returned about as many as I have kept. Not great selections yet. Maybe manufacturers are still adjusting to the new form factor and more will be seen during the holiday season.

I will say that I’m disappointed in the Spigen case in that it is already starting to yellow. I’ve only had the phone for about 2 weeks and haven’t used that case everyday. I can tell because the Sankmi is still crystal clear.

The Topwin case was random because I like peacocks and it was $6 after a coupon discount. The design could be better, but I like the feel of it.

The Zizo is what I hoped the Mous Contour would be. A little rugged, but not bulky. This fits that need and I like the design better as well.

The Case Yard Hummingbird is my favorite of the clear cases right now. Love the feel and not bulky at all for the protection provided.
View attachment 868405

I just ordered a case from Case Yard. Any chance you can post a pic with your phone in it?

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
UAG pathfinder came in.
Buttons are ok a slight mushy feel, nothing beats the apple leather yet.
Like how the side lip tapers to about 1mm with a glass SP for swiping. I thought mous was the only case i had seen with this.
Good fit no sag.

BUT, the sides and back are damn slippery, this thing feels like i am going to drop it, wouldn't of picked it with the grip pattern on the sides. My apple leather has way more grip never even felt like dropping it.
Being plastic can't imagine it will get any better?
Bummer really for a military drop protection case.
Looks like it's going back.

edit, the corners have different feel with better grip, should of been the same down the sides.

IMG_0028.jpeg

Last edited:

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Caseology Vault case. This case is a 100% copy of the Caudabe Sheath case. Great feeling, great fitting case with fantastic grip and zero drop protection. Still a great case for $9.00 on Amazon.

v01.jpg
v02.jpg
v03.jpg
v04.jpg
v05.jpg

[automerge]1570748279[/automerge]
UAG pathfinder came in.
Buttons are ok a slight mushy feel, nothing beats the apple leather yet.
Like how the side lip tapers to about 1mm with a glass SP for swiping. I thought mous was the only case i had seen with this.
Good fit no sag.

BUT, the sides and back are damn slippery, this thing feels like i am going to drop it, wouldn't of picked it with the grip pattern on the sides. My apple leather has way more grip never even felt like dropping it.
Being plastic can't imagine it will get any better?
Bummer really for a military drop protection case.
Looks like it's going back.

edit, the corners have different feel with better grip, should of been the same down the sides.

View attachment 868430

Pathfinder is quite slippery. Is this the black one?

Reactions: jplusc and blaine07

maleficent86

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2014
Comparison shots. Here are 6 of my 8 cases for iPhone 11 Pro Max. Ringke Fusion-X and Casetify Impact weren't available for this model shoot ?

Lined up from bulkiest to least bulkiest (Left to Right, and Bottom to Top):

Gear4 Battersea (Black)
Nomad Active (Mocha)
Mous Contour (Speckled Black)
Caudabe Synthesis (Black)
Caudabe Sheath (Black)
Pitaka MagCase

Any questions, let me know. Cheers.

021FD209-8491-4B52-B0FC-1792B4415CD0.jpg

E8C438B4-E9ED-4E4D-8E44-DFC08CD31589.jpg

5B83A20E-CD22-40C0-B2E1-A9DD9D1AC5A4.jpg

Which one is your favorite color? No just kidding but on a serious note which case is the third one from the top with the grips in the second picture?

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
I like the look of that, love red/black combo and the front facing speaker holes.
Now it's going to have to be awesome to get me to swap it for my favoured Ringke Fusion-X!

So, how easy it it to remove and put on? I like to remove and clean every few days so don't want it too difficult to pull off.
Also, is it heavy? The red is metal isn't it, don't care about weight when holding it...I just don't want it pulling my trousers down.

Yes red around back is metal. It was pretty stiff to get on but maybe I wasn’t doing it right? Definitely secure when it’s on. Doesn’t feel too heavy to me but noticeable for sure; albeit weight is subjective.

Reactions: Pug72

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
Pathfinder is quite slippery

You got wonder about the dim wits that make these case designs, specially a big company like UAG, the corners and front lip of the case has grip so doesn't slide around on a surface, but where you hold it is different and slippery ;)
Dont' they test them or something?

Reactions: Hooterville

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
So by far my favourite case these days is the Bellroy Phone Case. Leather, full coverage, thin but not too thin to be protective. The gray looks great with the space grey 11 pro max.

They make good stuff i have bought a few of their wallets. What's the opening like to use the buttons?

Last edited:

PeytonT123

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2018
US
Apple Clear Case, but also a Totallee case and a very very similar one (that also covers the camera bump and has cut outs for the lenses and mic) that was $1 on AliExpress.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Man I like that blue a lot. I’m tempted to try it. I like my speckled black though. Aargh. And my Clarity comes tomorrow... yay. I don’t think anyone has gotten that one yet.
Mine scheduled for delivery today unless hermes driver **** up the delivery.

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
So by far my favourite case these days is the Bellroy Phone Case. Leather, full coverage, thin but not too thin to be protective. The gray looks great with the space grey 11 pro max.
Looks like the perfect case for me! Slim, leather, good buttons (no buttons), and nice colors... It’s a shame they don’t state any drop protection.

GloriousAndrew

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2017
View attachment 867372 View attachment 867373
This is the first year I’ve ever purchased an Apple leather case and I am so glad that I did especially for $39.99 at Target. Unlike what other people have told me, it feels great in my hands. Not slippery at all. The saddle brown goes really well with my leather Apple Watch band and my shoes. Now my work outfit coordination is stupendous. ?

I may even pick up the black leather as well.
C9CC87C7-043F-403A-8575-2EE4B3FAE11C.jpeg

I simply could not resist. I went back and bought the black. I think I will keep both with the black being my daily and the saddle brown being for work. I have a $17 Spigen Tough Armor for travel/running/cycling/hiking

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.