Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
That sucks. Ordered the black leather and praying for no saggy bottom. :rolleyes:
Been 2 days and still no word of it shipping from Mous.
For them you won’t hear anything until after it ships. Like the next day. Their US stock is at a 3rd party warehouse it seems.

Reactions: Hooterville

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
a8d1fa5aacdac0d110366fbff361c713.jpg

Picked this up tonight. Super solid little case for $20. Like the “nubs” on volume and power buttons. Feels good in hand; not super grippy but definitely not super slick. A bear to get on phone. I think front facing speaker deal is pretty under rated. Really like it lol

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
Received the Mous contour speckled black today. I agree, the buttons are a bit mushy. I'll see if I can get used to it in a few days, but it might end up being a deal breaker for me. I was previously using the Apple leather case, and while it is the perfect fit, and the buttons felt nice, I don't like the exposed bottom.

Edit: ok, I don't think I'm gonna get used to this. Mous needs to come out with a revised version and or provide button stabilizers like Spigen did when they released their iPhone 6 Neo Hybrid case with horrible buttons.

Attachments

• spigenfix.jpg
    spigenfix.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Reactions: TNThomas

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
Is no one rocking the RhinoShield SolidSuit this year by the way?

My experiences with the X version weren’t great. I had two of them and both started peeling and the fit loosened after a few weeks already. However, I am curious to see if they improved it!

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
Ordered a black UAG Pathfinder for work, see how it is the only UAG case i havn't tried, will have it tomorrow. Will just use my Apple leather as my home case, the nomad, mous etc are like $75AUD here.

Reactions: Hooterville

Bexx

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2012
UK
Also lightning gap blue vs brown

How odd. Looking at mine, there is also a slight gap you can see through above the lightning port. However mine is firm with not a hint of sagginess.

Wonder if there’s some QC issues going on here.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Ordered a black UAG Pathfinder for work, see how it is the only UAG case i havn't tried, will have it tomorrow. Will just use my Apple leather as my home case, the nomad, mous etc are like $75AUD here.

The UAG Pathfinder has always been one of my favorite cases. Just wish they still offered the bright orange one.

sabesh

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2007
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Comparison shots. Here are 6 of my 8 cases for iPhone 11 Pro Max. Ringke Fusion-X and Casetify Impact weren't available for this model shoot ?

Lined up from bulkiest to least bulkiest (Left to Right, and Bottom to Top):

Gear4 Battersea (Black)
Nomad Active (Mocha)
Mous Contour (Speckled Black)
Caudabe Synthesis (Black)
Caudabe Sheath (Black)
Pitaka MagCase

Any questions, let me know. Cheers.

021FD209-8491-4B52-B0FC-1792B4415CD0.jpg

E8C438B4-E9ED-4E4D-8E44-DFC08CD31589.jpg

5B83A20E-CD22-40C0-B2E1-A9DD9D1AC5A4.jpg

thephonenerd

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2019
wow thats an awesome comparison! thanks
Comparison shots. Here are 6 of my 8 cases for iPhone 11 Pro Max. Ringke Fusion-X and Casetify Impact weren't available for this model shoot ?

Gear4 Battersea (Black)
Nomad Active (Mocha)
Caudabe Sheath (Black)
Pitaka MagCase

Reactions: AE14

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012

Gear4 Battersea (Black)
Nomad Active (Mocha)
Caudabe Sheath (Black)
Pitaka MagCase

Nice, which one do you like the best?

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Is no one rocking the RhinoShield SolidSuit this year by the way?

My experiences with the X version weren’t great. I had two of them and both started peeling and the fit loosened after a few weeks already. However, I am curious to see if they improved it!
Im currently bouncing between the SolidSuit and Mous Contour.

Reactions: TNThomas and AE14

sabesh

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2007
Nice, which one do you like the best?

No specific favourites, as I like them all. Some thoughts:

Gear4 Battersea - Feels the best in hand. The material is grippy and feels good. I use this during situations where I'm most likely to drop the phone. It's a tough case.

Nomad Active - Great for work meetings, as it has a classy, conservative look.

Mous Contour (Speckled Black) - Good for a night out, as it looks great. Also, a good conversation starter as it looks unique.

Caudabe Synthesis - Goldilocks case: Good blend of drop protection, grip, size and understated look for work meetings.

Caudabe Sheath - Skinniest case with drop protection. Great for extended use. Very good grip. This *might* end up getting the most usage.

Pitaka MagCase - The only case without drop protection. However, it has good grip and feels very good in hand. It looks great.

Sure is. Thanks for this. The Pitaka MagCase is my #1 in that stack ?

I’m still waiting for Pitaka to ship my Air Case. The Air Case is thinner than the MagCase!

If I had known about the Air Case, I'd have not gotten the MagCase. But, you can't go wrong with the MagCase either!

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
If I had known about the Air Case, I'd have not gotten the MagCase. But, you can't go wrong with the MagCase either!

Yup ?

The Air Case was supposed to ship on the 7th, but shipping has been delayed a little bit. Not surprised I guess. That being said, maybe I should of picked up the MagCase in the meantime. Anyway, I’m using the Apple Silicone case in pine green to tie me over.

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles
No specific favourites, as I like them all. Some thoughts:

Gear4 Battersea - Feels the best in hand. The material is grippy and feels good. I use this during situations where I'm most likely to drop the phone. It's a tough case.

Nomad Active - Great for work meetings, as it has a classy, conservative look.

Mous Contour (Speckled Black) - Good for a night out, as it looks great. Also, a good conversation starter as it looks unique.

Caudabe Synthesis - Goldilocks case: Good blend of drop protection, grip, size and understated look for work meetings.

Caudabe Sheath - Skinniest case with drop protection. Great for extended use. Very good grip. This *might* end up getting the most usage.

Pitaka MagCase - The only case without drop protection. However, it has good grip and feels very good in hand. It looks great.

So I’ve been trying the SolidSuit, Limitless 3.0, Contour and Sheath. I think I’m going to end up going with the Sheath too. Just an all around great combo. The mushy buttons on the Contour finally turned me off.

Rck1984

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2017
The Netherlands
Peel ultra thin clear case:

19E572A2-3FAE-47C0-A7EE-3631774F2886.jpeg

6D85A8DA-45D1-47A7-8B78-7FED18AED85B.jpeg

4A432C72-4BBE-454F-87F7-0EDBDEBA1321.jpeg

Pros:

- Very thin.
- Precise cutouts.
- Tight fit.
- As close to nude as it gets.

Cons:

- Prone to scratches.
- Not completely clear.
- Not much protection.
- Kind of expensive at around $30.

7/10 for me.

sabesh

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2007
So I’ve been trying the SolidSuit, Limitless 3.0, Contour and Sheath. I think I’m going to end up going with the Sheath too. Just an all around great combo. The mushy buttons on the Contour finally turned me off.
First time trying the Sheath. It's just perfect, but I have my doubts if it can withstand a 6-foot drop as per Caudabe's claims. I've searched Youtube, but can't find any Sheath drop tests. But, it looks like I'll be using the Sheath the most out of my collection: Light, great grip and good buttons.

What's your take on the Solidsuit? It's quite slippery from my previous experiences with other phones.

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2012
England
a8d1fa5aacdac0d110366fbff361c713.jpg

Picked this up tonight. Super solid little case for $20. Like the “nubs” on volume and power buttons. Feels good in hand; not super grippy but definitely not super slick. A bear to get on phone. I think front facing speaker deal is pretty under rated. Really like it lol

I like the look of that, love red/black combo and the front facing speaker holes.
Now it's going to have to be awesome to get me to swap it for my favoured Ringke Fusion-X!

So, how easy it it to remove and put on? I like to remove and clean every few days so don't want it too difficult to pull off.
Also, is it heavy? The red is metal isn't it, don't care about weight when holding it...I just don't want it pulling my trousers down.?

Kimball

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2010
ESR glass protector which leaves way to much space, very disappointed. The shop I ordered from didnt have more then 1 ESR-protector available so I totally missed the fact that they make several different designs/sizes...
Very happy with the leather case from Decoded though, super similar to my iPhone X Apple Leather dito and smells alot more like leather!
IMG_3783.jpg
IMG_3776.jpg
IMG_3783.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3777.jpg
    IMG_3777.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 131

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles
First time trying the Sheath. It's just perfect, but I have my doubts if it can withstand a 6-foot drop as per Caudabe's claims. I've searched Youtube, but can't find any Sheath drop tests. But, it looks like I'll be using the Sheath the most out of my collection: Light, great grip and good buttons.

What's your take on the Solidsuit? It's quite slippery from my previous experiences with other phones.
Agreed all around on the sheath. The solidsuit is just ok to me. The sides are a bit slick and the case feels bulky to me. I got the plain black version to the back is more grippy but overall not a winner IMO.

Reactions: sabesh

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
ESR glass protector which leaves way to much space, very disappointed. The shop I ordered from didnt have more then 1 ESR-protector available so I totally missed the fact that they make several different designs/sizes...
Very happy with the leather case from Decoded though, super similar to my iPhone X Apple Leather dito and smells alot more like leather! View attachment 868375 View attachment 868373 View attachment 868375
With that case you can use a full screen edge to edge. Doesn't need to be "case friendly" version.

My ICarez edge to edge has worked with Speck cases, Mous cases, and Otterbox Symmetry.

They also sell a case friendly version that will leave 1 mm on the edges.

Also the versions that have the black edge do a better job of hiding the screen protector.

Reactions: Kimball

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012

Supposedly the Caseology Vault is the same case as the Sheath and even a little better. It's only $8.99 on Amazon. Have this coming in today. Also have the Sheath & Synthesis coming in a few days.

Reactions: AE14 and sabesh
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.