Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
Any love for Caudabe Synthesis or Rhinoshield Soliduit?

looking to get one of them.

I have/had both for the xs max and they are both good but I like the solidsuit best. Tightest fitting and best buttons of any case ever but not as grippy as others. Basically if you like grip go sythesis, if you are more interested in great buttons and fit go solid suit.

Reactions: AE14

thenakedshades

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2014
I have/had both for the xs max and they are both good but I like the solidsuit best. Tightest fitting and best buttons of any case ever but not as grippy as others. Basically if you like grip go sythesis, if you are more interested in great buttons and fit go solid suit.

I had the synthesis for iPhone X, and the buttons are not tactile at all. Not sure if the current Pro Max version has improved button tactile.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
One of the absolute best all around cases for the Pro Max is the Otterbox Symmetry. This is the first case I purchased when getting the phone. Just started using this case again yesterday and out of the 15-20 different cases I have it's one of the best.

The only con is that back is slippery. The sides are nice and grippy and the case handles very well. The buttons are fantastic and are interchangeable with other colors of the same case. There are also no open areas around the buttons to let in dirt and trash and the port cutouts are perfect on the bottom. No worries about fingerprints or smudges on the back of this one. I feel very confident that the phone is safe and would survive many of drops inside of this case. Nice camera protection on the back also.
Overall this is one fine case.

ob01.jpg

Tdosthp

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
One of the absolute best all around cases for the Pro Max is the Otterbox Symmetry. This is the first case I purchased when getting the phone. Just started using this case again yesterday and out of the 15-20 different cases I have it's one of the best.

The only con is that back is slippery. The sides are nice and grippy and the case handles very well. The buttons are fantastic and are interchangeable with other colors of the same case. There are also no open areas around the buttons to let in dirt and trash and the port cutouts are perfect on the bottom. No worries about fingerprints or smudges on the back of this one. I feel very confident that the phone is safe and would survive many of drops inside of this case. Nice camera protection on the back also.

View attachment 872997

I agree. Has been my go-to case for the past couple iPhone generations. I don’t find the back to be slippery when holding the phone, but on smooth surfaces it will slide off.

Djadam08

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2019
If you had to pick between the Mous contour or limitless 3.0, which would you choose? Also wondering which back material, you feel would be the most durable on each style case. Having a hard time deciding between cases and back material. Need something that's going to be protective and very durable. Not a fan of fingerprints or scratches. Each style case and case material has its pros and cons. I ordered four of the contour and four of the limitless cases, each with different back material to see them in person before deciding. One thing I can certainly say is all of cases look amazing even on the midnight green iphone. Which has made the decision even harder. As far as feel in the hand both style of cases feel great, very solid feeling cases. When it comes to grip I can tell you each case has a different grip. I can't say the contour or the limitless is gripper. It's so random, If you had a few of each case to handle you would see that each case no matter the style would feel different in grip. it's almost like each case was hand made because there is no consistency in the feel of the side material or build quality. As far as the gap/ sag people are talking about at the bottom of the contour case ( seems the case doesn't fit snug against the phone screen, around the power port area) I can say out of the 4 contour cases that I have all have a gap / sag. If you hold the case with the phone in it at a angel you'll see light coming through around the power port area on all of the cases. Some sang more than others but there is a noticeable gap on all. For me the brown leather contour is the worse fitting. With that said I've noticed a slight gap even with all 4 limitless 3.0 cases that I have, though definitely a better fit around the power port than the contour. As far as button feel, I can report all feel great on all of the cases. Neither the contour or the limitless buttons feel mushy on any of the cases. Also not sure if people have noticed that the limitless has a much thicker microfiber lining which makes me wonder if it will protect the back of the phone better when it comes to scratches. Just some things that I've noticed but wanted others thoughts before deciding on a case. Thanks everyone for your help!

Jaggrey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2015
Pembroke Pines, FL
Well if you ordered 8 cases then the decision is really up to you... lol. That’s the best way to decide - getting some hands on time with them. I will say I’ve had 2 different Contours and I’m still not seeing any gap or sag near the lightning port. Luck of the draw I guess.

Allin44

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2014

View attachment 872997

My favorite case of all time. Aside from some light scuffing and scratching on the back over time, they’re incredibly durable, and they feel great in the hand.

Need to pick one up for my 11 soon.

jmgregory1

macrumors 68040
Here is my new Totallee thin case in green on my Midnight Green Pro Max. I am glad I waited until they released the new green color, as it really looks great. It’s already gotten a couple of scratches at some point today during my travel to the east coast. Better the $20 case takes the beating and the brushed surface makes it that much easier to hold the iPhone. Highly recommend to anyone looking for a thin case.

Attachments

• BA9A97BB-A36E-45E9-AF0E-4E7BF8B3A226.jpeg
    BA9A97BB-A36E-45E9-AF0E-4E7BF8B3A226.jpeg
    385.1 KB · Views: 316

eddiezus

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2019
Is it me, or are all the cases trash this year?

I’ve bought a...

gear24 Battersea case: Buttons were hard as hell, returned it back.

Apple leather & silicone case: Returned them back, just didn’t feel satisfied with them.

Clear Tech 21 case: Got scratched up in like 3 hours, ended up keeping it because it still is fairly decent.

Lifeproof next: Had this weird feeling that my phone was kinda too small for the case, and dust got in not even a hour in, ended up returning it.

Otterbox Pop Socket Case: Cool concept but i felt like my fingers were too fat to use the pop socket, didn’t feel comfortable.

Only case i ended up using as my daily driver and actually liking it is the Speck Presidio Grip. So shocked because usually Speck is a case I get because they usually go on clearance in Walmart or Marshall’s. Also still waiting for the UAG cases (not the ugly and slippery red monarch) to be in store.

taxi_driver

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2017
anyone have a leather wallet case for the 11 they really like? nothing too bulky or thick. preferably non-folio, not a big fan of that design

this is kinda pricey but appealing. I lost a relatively nice wallet recently and thought to just combine them both so could rationalize throwing $75 on a nice case/wallet combo.

Bexx

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2012
UK
Loopy case in leopard design. Absolutely love it! Feels really nice in the hand with a soft, plasticised texture on the back which helps with grip. Good coverage around the edges of the phone but doesn’t interfere with use. Camera lenses are well protected and buttons are tactile.

The loop is the star feature of course. I’m pleased to say it does a great job of keeping the phone secure in my hand and is very comfy to use for long periods of time. Moreso than my Grip2U case where my finger(s) slides about under the larger strap.

Obviously this look is a matter of taste. I actually find leopard print rather tacky in most situations, but it works well here and the colour is very vibrant. Loopy do make cases in more conservative colours if you otherwise like the design.

24D98B13-1D21-41FA-BBEE-CFC1470AC57D.jpeg
5FC0454A-7F8C-4514-9ACD-3C0DA376B182.jpeg
2968CF18-DFD2-4E42-9257-799BDCA236A1.jpeg

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
anyone have a leather wallet case for the 11 they really like? nothing too bulky or thick. preferably non-folio, not a big fan of that design

this is kinda pricey but appealing. I lost a relatively nice wallet recently and thought to just combine them both so could rationalize throwing $75 on a nice case/wallet combo.

I use their wallets very nice quality leather and slim, tried a case a few years ago and same leather, but the seam where plastic meets the leather wasn't flush and a bit sharp, so returned it, havn't tried one since may have been improved.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Good iPhone 11 Pro Max
Full screen glass protector from Amazon.
I’ve been a big fan of the Tozo thin case for the XS Max I previously had but after getting it for the 11PM I was disappointed in the material (scratched too easily and didn’t feel as good as the old one).

so I’m currently rocking the Apple green leather case and I’ve been super impressed with the feel of these. I think they’re less slippery compared to last year’s leather cases and attract less lint in the pocket than the silicone.

mel823

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2012
NYC
Loopy case in leopard design. Absolutely love it! Feels really nice in the hand with a soft, plasticised texture on the back which helps with grip. Good coverage around the edges of the phone but doesn’t interfere with use. Camera lenses are well protected and buttons are tactile.

The loop is the star feature of course. I’m pleased to say it does a great job of keeping the phone secure in my hand and is very comfy to use for long periods of time. Moreso than my Grip2U case where my finger(s) slides about under the larger strap.

Obviously this look is a matter of taste. I actually find leopard print rather tacky in most situations, but it works well here and the colour is very vibrant. Loopy do make cases in more conservative colours if you otherwise like the design.

View attachment 873777 View attachment 873778 View attachment 873779

That’s the first leopard print case that I’ve seen that looks good. I’m going to have to get it myself. I just need to decide which phone I’m getting.

Reactions: Bexx
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.