Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Hey, that’s why I started carrying around a field note book along with a Ti scribe bolt action pen.

The Ballistic Tough Jacket might be worth looking into. It's a pretty decent fat case. IMO better than the Defender or Shield. Just wish I had a black one.

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
Returning the Mujjo, buttons are a bit stiff and i don't think they will loose up. Tried pushing the leather out a bit. Also the leather is nice and has good grip, but feels a bit sticky to hold, if you leave it on a desk for awhile you pick it up and it wants to stick to it lol.
The exposed bottom is a concern too, especially as i am going on holiday to New Zealand in early January and can see it getting knocked around.

Back to the Black Symmetry.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Sold!! Well my offer of $20 hasn’t been accepted yet.

Lol as I replied this happened.
[automerge]1576288448[/automerge]
Returning the Mujjo, buttons are a bit stiff and i don't think they will loose up. Tried pushing the leather out a bit. Also the leather is nice and has good grip, but feels a bit sticky to hold, if you leave it on a desk for awhile you pick it up and it wants to stick to it lol.
The exposed bottom is a concern too, especially as i am going on holiday to New Zealand in early January and can see it getting knocked around.

Back to the Black Symmetry.
I just swapped my defender pro back on.

Attachments

• BCF9C5F4-62DE-4D2A-8682-5F08C67D1031.png
    BCF9C5F4-62DE-4D2A-8682-5F08C67D1031.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 112

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Sold!! Well my offer of $20 hasn’t been accepted yet.

Lol as I replied this happened.
[automerge]1576288448[/automerge]

I just swapped my defender pro back on.

They are not big sellers you would think the guy would want to get rid of it. Maybe $25. would get it.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Swapped out the fatboy defender back to my clear symmetry. For some reason the defender started to develope a creaking when held or squeeze. Almost as if the plastic inner case is flexing to much. I have read that the sides, top and bottom do not scratch since it’s plastic rubbing against the phone, but it will discolor it.
[automerge]1576295821[/automerge]
anyone has experience with poetic case? hows the quality
There are a decent amount of good reviews on amazon. There’s also a few videos on YouTube and they seem like a good case. If it’s anything like the unicorn beetle pro I would say it’s worth it.

Last edited:
Reactions: kingcarlos

Tdosthp

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
Has anyone tried the griffin survivor series cases? I don’t like the built in screen protector that comes with their top tier cases though.

I had the Survivor Endurance for my XS....buttons were TERRIBLE. I’d pass if I were you, or at least find one in store and try it out. I should have listened to the reviews....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.