Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
I just got a black one on eBay for $22 shipped. I’ll try and grab the link for you

edit: saw you just got one. ??

Does the $22.00 guy have any more? If so, link please.
[automerge]1576338366[/automerge]
I know it may of been asked before. But Mous Contour vs Otterbox Symmetry?
mous is £34.99 and OB is £20.

IMO the Symmetry is a way better case.

Mel8899

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2017
Trying my Tech 21 case again...

Attachments

• 7D0E9FEE-A1BC-4DB1-B5AD-B5C89CBF6E6D.jpeg
    7D0E9FEE-A1BC-4DB1-B5AD-B5C89CBF6E6D.jpeg
    643.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 2738446A-B1B2-4448-96FB-C8EA921A2BAE.jpeg
    2738446A-B1B2-4448-96FB-C8EA921A2BAE.jpeg
    568.7 KB · Views: 79
  • A16E4373-10FA-4CC8-8DFC-A72D44868B50.jpeg
    A16E4373-10FA-4CC8-8DFC-A72D44868B50.jpeg
    576.9 KB · Views: 72

Mel8899

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2017
That’s so funny that you mention that. Just ordered another black evo check from Best Buy which will be ready in an hour. I like the anti microbial coating and buttons even though it’s a grease ball of a case.

I just wish it wasn’t so wide. Everything else I can deal with.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
I just wish it wasn’t so wide. Everything else I can deal with.
I know. That’s why I got the 11 pro instead of the pro max. I like the smaller easier to handle phone and these cases make it kind of cumbersome. But, I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m going to have to sacrifice the small form factor for a bit of bulk with a protective case.
[automerge]1576354580[/automerge]
I don’t have much of that.
The slimey feeling on my otterbox went away after about a day.
[automerge]1576354684[/automerge]
Contour. Slimmer, better looking, better drop protection.
Buttons are trash, the “leather” peels away after a month of usage and don’t forget about the banana cases as of recent. I’d also say the otterbox can hold its own and it’s been proven to be reliable. Plus superior customer support from otterbox.

Pje200

macrumors member
Nov 26, 2016
I know. That’s why I got the 11 pro instead of the pro max. I like the smaller easier to handle phone and these cases make it kind of cumbersome. But, I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m going to have to sacrifice the small form factor for a bit of bulk with a protective case.
[automerge]1576354580[/automerge]

The slimey feeling on my otterbox went away after about a day.
[automerge]1576354684[/automerge]

Buttons are trash, the “leather” peels away after a month of usage and don’t forget about the banana cases as of recent. I’d also say the otterbox can hold its own and it’s been proven to be reliable. Plus superior customer support from otterbox.
How about the uag plyo, better looking,smaller overall than ob, better protection, the plyo has a bigger lip for screen and camera, better grip on the back , the ob has slightly better side grip, I had both, I had the clear ob, returned it, the plyo is so much better.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
How about the uag plyo, better looking,smaller overall than ob, better protection, the plyo has a bigger lip for screen and camera, better grip on the back , the ob has slightly better side grip, I had both, I had the clear ob, returned it, the plyo is so much better.
I haven’t tried any uag cases yet. But, I plan on trying a few out. The plyo frosted case looks nice! I also like their civilian case a bunch, but the orange bits turn a nasty orange. I also like their folio case. It has a killer looking from cover texture.

Edit: As of this post, back in the speck evo check. And just received notification that my apple saddle brown case was delivered from amazon. @Hooterville, we need help!!

Last edited:
Reactions: AE14

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
I haven’t tried any uag cases yet. But, I plan on trying a few out. The plyo frosted case looks nice! I also like their civilian case a bunch, but the orange bits turn a nasty orange. I also like their folio case. It has a killer looking from cover texture.

Edit: As of this post, back in the speck evo check. And just received notification that my apple saddle brown case was delivered from amazon. @Hooterville, we need help!!
I know, have the Monarch on order and about 3-4 others enroute. I'm done

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019

How is it for scratches and does it get greasy/slimy? Slippery? I like the look of the Ash with SG phone.
[automerge]1576359211[/automerge]
I’d also say the otterbox can hold its own and it’s been proven to be reliable. Plus superior customer support from otterbox.

Is the clear exactly the same as the black? Feel/grip? Slimeball? Thinking i might try a clear case with protection.

Last edited:

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
Returning the Mujjo, buttons are a bit stiff and i don't think they will loose up. Tried pushing the leather out a bit. Also the leather is nice and has good grip, but feels a bit sticky to hold, if you leave it on a desk for awhile you pick it up and it wants to stick to it lol.
The exposed bottom is a concern too, especially as i am going on holiday to New Zealand in early January and can see it getting knocked around.

Back to the Black Symmetry.

That sucks man. Why is it so hard to find a decent case? I had an OB, but returned it. Was too thick for my liking. Buttons were awesome though.
[automerge]1576359947[/automerge]
I know it may of been asked before. But Mous Contour vs Otterbox Symmetry?
mous is £34.99 and OB is £20.

Go OB all the way.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
How is it for scratches and does it get greasy/slimy? Slippery? I like the look of the Ash with SG phone.
[automerge]1576359211[/automerge]

Is the clear exactly the same as the black? Feel/grip? Slimeball? Thinking i might try a clear case with protection.
No it’s different than the black symmetry. It does have the slime ball feel, but for myself it went away after a day of use. The buttons are still amazing and exactly like the black symmetry. It offered more grip than the regular symmetry as well. It will change color on you after a while so be ready for that.

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
No it’s different than the black symmetry. It does have the slime ball feel, but for myself it went away after a day of use. The buttons are still amazing and exactly like the black symmetry. It offered more grip than the regular symmetry as well. It will change color on you after a while so be ready for that.

Which case are you speaking of?

We all have issues with buying cases lol.

Reactions: AE14

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Which case are you speaking of?

We all have issues with buying cases lol.
The clear symmetry. ?

And now I know why I stopped using the evo check case. The sides are a bit to flimsy to me. They peel away from the phone way to easily for my liking. Not like the symmetry cases where they hug the phone super tight. I’m still going to use the evo check for a few days.

Reactions: VaderRulez and AE14

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
The clear symmetry. ?

And now I know why I stopped using the evo check case. The sides are a bit to flimsy to me. They peel away from the phone way to easily for my liking. Not like the symmetry cases where they hug the phone super tight. I’m still going to use the evo check for a few days.

Gotcha. I just can't use clear cases. Tried many over the years but always toss them to the side lol.

Never tried a OB clear case though. Maybe I will try one at some point haha. I guess no yellowing with a OB right?

Reactions: nrvous1

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Gotcha. I just can't use clear cases. Tried many over the years but always toss them to the side lol.

Never tried a OB clear case though. Maybe I will try one at some point haha. I guess no yellowing with a OB right?
Lol, and I would only use clear cases when I was an android user. But, they scratch and yellow over time, they all did for me. And yes, the otterbox will discolor and scratch. The tpu portions of the case will yellow as well. I think the only case that doesn’t yellow is the speck presidio stay clear which they will warranty if it does.

Reactions: VaderRulez
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.