Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
Lol, and I would only use clear cases when I was an android user. But, they scratch and yellow over time, they all did for me. And yes, the otterbox will discolor and scratch. The tpu portions of the case will yellow as well. I think the only case that doesn’t yellow is the speck presidio stay clear which they will warranty if it does.

Ahh former Android addict myself here who went to the dark side lol. Yeah that is exactly why I never use them, due to yellowing. Speaking of Speck tempted to get a Presidio grip, but man I have a problem haha.

Reactions: nrvous1

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Ahh former Android addict myself here who went to the dark side lol. Yeah that is exactly why I never use them, due to yellowing. Speaking of Speck tempted to get a Presidio grip, but man I have a problem haha.
The first step is admitting it. Or denying we have a problem? ?

And man, I don’t think I’ll ever go back to Android after switching to iOS. My first ever iPhone was the xr and now the 11 pro. Absolutely love the experience so far. I don’t mean to hijack this thread lol.

Reactions: VaderRulez

Mel8899

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2017

I want to try the Presido Pro also. Already sick of my Tech 21.

Reactions: VaderRulez

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
The first step is admitting it. Or denying we have a problem? ?

And man, I don’t think I’ll ever go back to Android after switching to iOS. My first ever iPhone was the xr and now the 11 pro. Absolutely love the experience so far. I don’t mean to hijack this thread lol.

Lol indeed!

I have had Android for 10 years. Had an iPhone 4 for work twice I think. A 4 and a 7. Did not have either for very long. Also had a 6s Plus for about a year. Then went back to Android with the Pixels. Have been disappointed with Google since the Pixel 3's came out. Had a 3XL which was garbage. Sent it back for a Xs and loved it. I now have an 11 Pro as well and love it even more. Don't see myself going back either crazy!
[automerge]1576364412[/automerge]
I want to try the Presido Pro also. Already sick of my Tech 21.

That sucks man really? Never tried a Tech 21.

Anyone ever have one of these?

https://www.lander.com/torrey-case-for-iphone-11-pro.html
[automerge]1576364474[/automerge]
I think it’s because it’s a hard plastic and not a tpu case.

That is my understanding as well. Don't think that case is worth the cash though. Then again, are any of them? ?

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Waiting for my Shield refund from Amazon before ordering the Monarch case. :rolleyes:

Do I order the blacked out, carbon or red Monarch case? What you think?

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Waiting for my Shield refund from Amazon before ordering the Monarch case. :rolleyes:

Do I order the blacked out, carbon or red Monarch case? What you think?
Shoot I’m partial to the camo versions of their cases. They look tough! I do like the red monarch, but that seems to be the case everyone has. I’d say the carbon version.

Reactions: Hooterville

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
I have been hesitant as i read/saw somewhere it has a huge lip, will wait for your review lol.
[automerge]1576367502[/automerge]
My 2 favourite cases for my XR were Nomad rugged and Evutec Carbon. Both have issues for 11 pro, annoying.

What issues with the Evutec Carbon? I have one and don't have any issues.

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
12 days and still no shipping information or nothing from Dbrand about my Grip case and skins. ?

Took my money straight away though.

Same for me. Well for the skins. Got my grip but not using it until my skins come in. It did say 12-14 days though.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Well, I never thought that I’d be considering returning my apple saddle brown leather case. Thinking about it; I go through so many cases I don’t think I’ll have the saddle brown case on long enough to develop the patina I want. Someone talk me out of returning it!!

Mel8899

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2017
Well, I never thought that I’d be considering returning my apple saddle brown leather case. Thinking about it; I go through so many cases I don’t think I’ll have the saddle brown case on long enough to develop the patina I want. Someone talk me out of returning it!!

then what will you use?

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012

Send it to me and I'll test it out for you.

Reactions: AE14 and nrvous1

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
then what will you use?
I look at my wife and admire her even more for being able to use one case for the life of her phone(s). Her last phone lasted 2-3 years and she had one case, the Ringke Fusion in black. Now, she has one case. The unicorn beetle pro. I’m going to stick it out with the new saddle brown leather case. If I weren’t, I’d be rotating between all of my otterbox’s (commuter, clear symmetry and defender pro), the tech 21 and my Spigen liquid air case. Let’s see how this goes.
[automerge]1576372848[/automerge]
Send it to me and I'll test it out for you.
?I love this guy. I forgot how slick this new case is. But, that leather smell is delicious.

Last edited:

Tdosthp

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015

Go ahead and speed up the aging...take some coconut oil, or ideally some beeswax and run in on, then heat it up with hair dryer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.