Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
I wash my hands like 10 times a day and they are always sparkling clean and still fingerprint city.
Maybe I don't have enough greasy on my hands and should add a little motor oil into the mix?
Im with you. I typically have exceptionally dry hands, but it was still finger print city on mine as well. Very disappointing as its a really nice case

Reactions: VaderRulez

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Been using the Sheath more than any other. You?

Yea, I have around 20 different cases and it's the black Symmetry, Sheath or Synthesis that I always come back to. My blacked out Monarch will be here on Thursday and that's about it for me. Wait.......where's my Dbrand Grip case and skins? Believe tomorrow will be 14 days ago that I ordered :mad: The 7-14 day delay is running out of time.
[automerge]1576539026[/automerge]
Black Symmetry is the best case i have had for finger prints = 0. Or even any marks/scratches.

Black Symmetry case is probably my #1 all around case.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Yea, I have around 20 different cases and it's the black Symmetry, Sheath or Synthesis that I always come back to. My blacked out Monarch will be here on Thursday and that's about it for me. Wait.......where's my Dbrand Grip case and skins? Believe tomorrow will be 14 days ago that I ordered :mad: The 7-14 day delay is running out of time.
[automerge]1576539026[/automerge]

Black Symmetry case is probably my #1 all around case.
The symmetry is interesting to me. I didn’t really like it like everyone else seems to. Found the rubber a bit too malleable

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
The symmetry is interesting to me. I didn’t really like it like everyone else seems to. Found the rubber a bit too malleable

The rubber on mine will pull away from the bottom and near buttons if you try, but thats the only time, in use it doesn't, no worse than the Sheath.
It's all straight and even all around on the phone, the leather cases can have waves in the sides, the Mujjo i had did.
[automerge]1576547570[/automerge]
The rubber on the black one I have is just fine. I want to get the red one so I can use the buttons on my black case.

you cant buy buttons seperate?
[automerge]1576547695[/automerge]
Anyone tried the OB strata leather folio?

sabesh

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2007
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Just put that carbon Mous case on and now I know why I stopped using it....................FINGERPRINT CITY ! :mad:
How can anyone live with the fingerprint mess on the back of this case?
Is there anyway to avoid the fingerprints on this aramid fiber?
No. That's just how Aramid is. Same with Pitaka. This is why I'm done with Aramid.

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019

You will like it man. Been using mine for a little over a week. It's sweet.
[automerge]1576548576[/automerge]
I just scored a vaja grip off eBay for $13. I’ve never had one before because I wasn’t about to pay $90 for a case. Anybody have one and can comment, how do you like it? I won’t actually get it until 23rd.

That is cheap. For what device?

Reactions: bobsamm

Neko72

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2019
What’s the main difference between the Otterbox Symmetry and Speck Presidio Pro?
For me, OB Symmetry (nice buttons, good handling but the back of the case is too slippery) and Speck Presidio Pro (buttons are a bit harder to press and back may be a fingerprint magnet for someone, but imo overall, grippier and softer)

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
He’s going to have a couple of different versions of the case. I like the frosted case, but it looks like it’s going to be slippery as hell. I’ll wait for some YouTube reviews before I buy it. If it’s anywhere over $50 I’ll pass.

Wide open sides, I'm out !

Reactions: AE14

muddychicken

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2019
Lol mous is sending out 50% off coupons for completing a survey. Honestly at this point I don't even think 50% is worth it. After getting a banana boat limited 3.0 two times in a row I've lost faith in the brand. They just released their car mount for the 3.0 but it's $49...crazy

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
Hmm debating the Forest Green Caudabe Synthesis...anyone have a pic? Amazon has them for $24.95 no tax and free prime shipping and of course easy returns.

Reactions: VaderRulez

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Lol mous is sending out 50% off coupons for completing a survey. Honestly at this point I don't even think 50% is worth it. After getting a banana boat limited 3.0 two times in a row I've lost faith in the brand. They just released their car mount for the 3.0 but it's $49...crazy

Any link to the 50% off survey deal?

Reactions: blaine07

eddiezus

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2019
y’all overhype mous on here too much ??

btw @Hooterville did your dbrand case ship yet? i’m thinking about canceling mines because of the “extended wait”. it’s not hard to grab a case from the warehouse and ship it ? if they didn’t have any ready to ship out they should’ve just marked the item
“sold out”.

Reactions: Hooterville

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
y’all overhype mous on here too much

btw @Hooterville did your dbrand case ship yet? i’m thinking about canceling mines because of the “extended wait”. it’s not hard to grab a case from the warehouse and ship it if they didn’t have any ready to ship out they should’ve just marked the item
“sold out”.

Nope and it was 14 days ago that I ordered.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.